+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport

steeles

May 7, 2014
Hi, All..
I have a question about Canadian passport. Smiley
In order to order Canadian passport, I have to find 1 guarantor and 2 references.
Gurantor must be a Canadian citizen who have known you at least 2 years and have to fill out
gurantor section in first page of application at free of charge.

What else gurantor has to do or fill out to complete?
Please help...
Thanks in advance!!

cuds

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steeles said:
Hi, All..
In order to order Canadian passport, I have to find 1 guarantor and 2 references.
Gurantor must be a Canadian citizen who have known you at least 2 years and have to fill out

Please help...
Thanks in advance!!
Just read it in the application. Guarantor has to fill out a section of the application and sign one of the pictures that you submit with the application, guaranteeing the picture to be a true likeness of you. It is all written down very detailed in the information pages that come with the application.

Silver77

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
steeles said:
Hi, All..

Please help...
Thanks in advance!!
ıf you dont have a gurantor, you can fill the form pptc 123 and go to authorized person to sign for you.
This person doesn't have to know you .You will give about $5 to sign and stamp . In that case,you have to find 4 references.

2 for regular application form and 2 for ppt123 form.

steeles

May 7, 2014
cuds said:
Just read it in the application. Guarantor has to fill out a section of the application and sign one of the pictures that you submit with the application, guaranteeing the picture to be a true likeness of you. It is all written down very detailed in the information pages that come with the application.
I see..
Passport photo, guarantor just sign the photo? or also must write in "I certify that this photo is true
likeness of you" then sign? which one?
The reason I am asking is, in my passport photo, back of the photo, there is a date of photo taken and photo studio name, there are not enough space, to write "I certify that this photo is true likeness of you" to write. I am worry about this...

So.. Is it ok just to signature of gurantor of back of the photo?

Silver77

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
steeles said:
I see..
Passport photo, guarantor just sign the photo? or also must write in "I certify that this photo is true
likeness of you" then sign? which one?
The reason I am asking is, in my passport photo, back of the photo, there is a date of photo taken and photo studio name, there are not enough space, to write "I certify that this photo is true likeness of you" to write. I am worry about this...

So.. Is it ok just to signature of gurantor of back of the photo?
The place where I took my passport photo,they also stamped this writing "I certify that this photo is true likeness of you".You could asked your photo studio to put this stamp.

Steel Detailer

Jul 15, 2014
Silver77 said:
unfortunately yes..You will need a grantor and references.

I wrote this issue on my previous posts... I found this unnecessary .
You are already a citizen of this country and grantor is granting what. If you mess up with your Canadian passport
during abroad, grantor will take responsibility for that?
I think what guarantor's role is just to provide them (the CIC) your Physical Identity being Certified! for security reasons.. with your own NAME alone you are indeed a Canadian and it stored in their system but your PHYSICAL APPEARANCE they don't have it since we CHANGE IN APPEARANCE CONSTANTLY whether naturally or surgically! hehehe. cheers.

billy85

Nov 21, 2014
dears

can anyone help me to see if im eligible to apply for a Canadian citizenship in the case im about to marry a canadian women and we are planning to live outside canada ?
am i qualified to apply ??

thanks for your help guys

Silver77

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
Hello,

You can find more detail information on this forum. As I know, you have to live in Canada 1095 days in order to apply Canadian citizenship.

billy85

Nov 21, 2014
thanks Silver77

i know the law might be flexible depends on the situation
im my case my canadian wife is planning to live outside canada due to my work

are there other criteria regarding my case i need to meet in order to apply for the citizenship ?

thanks

Lolote

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am waiting for my oath right now but was looking at the requirements for the Canadian passport. Since I've been to Canada, I've moved from city to city every year due to my spouse's work, so I don't know anyone for over 2 years. My spouse isn't a Canadian citizen, so I guess I will need 4 references. I have no idea what to do. Can the references be from my home country? They speak french, so if they need to call them, they should be able to talk to them. Any advice is very welcome :)

Silver77

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
Lolote said:
I am waiting for my oath right now but was looking at the requirements for the Canadian passport. Since I've been to Canada, I've moved from city to city every year due to my spouse's work, so I don't know anyone for over 2 years. My spouse isn't a Canadian citizen, so I guess I will need 4 references. I have no idea what to do. Can the references be from my home country? They speak french, so if they need to call them, they should be able to talk to them. Any advice is very welcome :)
Hi lolote, I had applied for passport at Montreal. I was at Vancouver before. I didn't have guarantor so I went to designated office to fill the form pptc123. So the person can be guarantor for you but in that case you need to find4 references. All my references and guarantor were called. I had a hard time as you because I also changed city. Passport office had a hard time to reach some of my references because they were travelling. I ended up to find 7 references and had my passport after 2 weeks of my application date.

They only accept someone who lives at US or Canada.

Silver77

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
billy85 said:
thanks Silver77

i know the law might be flexible depends on the situation
im my case my canadian wife is planning to live outside canada due to my work

are there other criteria regarding my case i need to meet in order to apply for the citizenship ?

thanks
Billy, laws might be flexible but you can ask some other topics someone who knows this topic better.

As I know , you have to live at Canada 1095 in order to apply Canadian citizenship.

-so did you marry yet?
-Did you get your PR status?
- How long have you been living at Canada?

billy85

Nov 21, 2014
Silver77 said:
Billy, laws might be flexible but you can ask some other topics someone who knows this topic better.

As I know , you have to live at Canada 1095 in order to apply Canadian citizenship.

-so did you marry yet?
-Did you get your PR status?
- How long have you been living at Canada

hi silver 77
im planning to marry on the following month,and i never lived in canada.
how long the PR might take ?

thanks