Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
Silver77 said:
unfortunately yes..You will need a grantor and references.

I wrote this issue on my previous posts... I found this unnecessary .
You are already a citizen of this country and grantor is granting what. If you mess up with your Canadian passport
during abroad, grantor will take responsibility for that?
This is ridiculous i didn't know this. Thanks

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
blueshirt said:
Its not rocket science just google it
Anyways here is the link
https://www.ontario.ca/driving-and-roads/enhanced-drivers-licence
I guess its only for people living in Ontario.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I find the need for a guarantor and references to be redundant. CIC has done the checks, etc and cleared us, so what exactly do they need this extra stuff for?

Anyway, under "Requirements Checklist" the third item says:
a) All three (3) pages of the application form completed
b) Two (2) identical photos
c) Application form and one of photos certified by your guarantor - what do they mean? The guarantor has to certify each page of the application form as well as the photo?

By the way, they have updated the passport application form this month. I printed a copy last week and the date at the bottom was 2014-04, now it's 2014-10.

Silver77

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
I finally applied to passport without guarantor. I filled another form and signed by commissioner.

if you don't have actual qurantor,you need 4 references.. I have been called from passport canada that
one of my references knows me last than 2 years.In the reality ,I know him about 1 years and 10 month. And my reference was also honest and told the office that he knows me less than 2 years. :(

I lost another references because she was quit her job and I lost the connection.So I had 2 out of 4 references so far. :(

I lived at Vancouver about 2 years and than moved to Montreal.So, someone I met here is less than 2 years...and I lost some of connections from Vancouver. :(

I need to find another 2 references immediately. They gave me the office and fax number.

I found passport application is difficult than the citizenship application... Any suggestions ? :-X

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Silver77 said:
I finally applied to passport without guarantor. I filled another form and signed by commissioner.

if you don't have actual qurantor,you need 4 references.. I have been called from passport canada that
one of my references knows me last than 2 years.In the reality ,I know him about 1 years and 10 month. And my reference was also honest and told the office that he knows me less than 2 years. :(

I lost another references because she was quit her job and I lost the connection.So I had 2 out of 4 references so far. :(

I lived at Vancouver about 2 years and than moved to Montreal.So, someone I met here is less than 2 years...and I lost some of connections from Vancouver. :(

I need to find another 2 references immediately. They gave me the office and fax number.

I found passport application is difficult than the citizenship application... Any suggestions ? :-X

You just have to find 4 people that know you for more than 2 years! You have lived here for almost 4 years I am surprised that you can not find 4 references...

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
Can someone answer below questions:

1. Is signature mandatory on passport i am talking about second signature on page 3 which also ask you to hand type home address. Is it a good idea to handwrite stuff on passport page what if you use wet ink and it imprints on successive page unless you sit and wait for ink to dry

Silver77

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
I checked for you again.There is 3 pages and you have to sign all pages(3 sign on total). There is no single section mention about hand writing home address.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
did you respond against passport application form?

no no I am talking about after applying and receiving passport on the passport itself there is bio page with your photo and signature but there are some successive empty pages on passport which ask you to sign and also optional to write your emergency contact or home address

this question is for someone holding Canadian passport

Silver77 said:
I checked for you again.There is 3 pages and you have to sign all pages(3 sign on total). There is no single section mention about hand writing home address.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
blueshirt said:
Can someone answer below questions:
1. Is signature mandatory on passport i am talking about second signature on page 3 which also ask you to hand type home address. Is it a good idea to handwrite stuff on passport page what if you use wet ink and it imprints on successive page unless you sit and wait for ink to dry
blueshirt said:
did you respond against passport application form?
no no I am talking about after applying and receiving passport on the passport itself there is bio page with your photo and signature but there are some successive empty pages on passport which ask you to sign and also optional to write your emergency contact or home address

this question is for someone holding Canadian passport
I am not sure about the signature, I will check and respond later once I get home. I will check and respond later once I get home. But as for the address, yes it asks to provide an emergency contact and that's to be handwritten. I did write it using an ink pen, and waited for the ink to dry before closing the passport book. Leave it on a table with some weight on both sides of the passport so it doesn't close on you. It only takes few minutes to dry.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
thanks wes786

my friend never signed and he did not get questioned on airport. I don't understand what is the significance of second signature if bio page has the signature
my understanding is that its only required if you write something on that page to self attest that its you who wrote. otherwise don't sign anything just leave the signature part empty as they suggest for children 11 years or younger not to sign.

what you guys say? asking anyone holding Canadian passport.

wes786 said:
I am not sure about the signature, I will check and respond later once I get home. But as for the address, yes it asks to provide an emergency contact and that's to be handwritten. I did write it using an ink pen, and waited for the ink to dry before closing the passport book. Leave it on a table with some weight on both sides of the passport so it doesn't close on you. It only takes few minutes to dry.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
blueshirt said:
thanks wes786

my friend never signed and he did not get questioned on airport. I don't understand what is the significance of second signature if bio page has the signature
my understanding is that its only required if you write something on that page to self attest that its you who wrote. otherwise don't sign anything just leave the signature part empty as they suggest for children 11 years or younger not to sign.

what you guys say? asking anyone holding Canadian passport.
Now I know which page you are talking about. It also has your picture, and it asks for "signature of bearer" so it must be signed except for if your a child under 11 years of age.

Here is the instructions from passport Canada website.

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/info/reception.aspx?lang=eng

Silver77

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
ı know very few people I know for more than 2 years.. Some of friends left country so I dont have much contacts left.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
perfect cic says to sign but I see some people ignore and they travel without signature but not questioned at airport.

I still cant understand 2 signature concept. anyways we follow rules and sign as instructed.

wes786 said:
Now I know which page you are talking about. It also has your picture, and it asks for "signature of bearer" so it must be signed except for if your a child under 11 years of age.

Here is the instructions from passport Canada website.

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/info/reception.aspx?lang=eng

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Silver77 said:
ı know very few people I know for more than 2 years.. Some of friends left country so I dont have much contacts left.
Well then I would say you will have to wait until people know you for at least 2 years before you can provide their names as references.

Unless someone else has any other suggestion...