+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian passport

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
canadaimmigrant2014 said:
Hi Oct. 13.
I applied for my passport on Sept. 24 (regular 10 years) and did not choose the pick up option.
The agent told me that they will mail the passport and since it is a registered mail I should be at home to receive it or i should go to the post office to pick it up.

I remember that eve for registered mail sometimes the post just put it in your box.
Could you please share your experience (did they leave it in the box)?

Other input are also very appreciated
My wife was home and she signed for them.

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Oct13 said:
In Vancouver at the oath they will tell you that you need to wait three business days. They will say you apply on 29th.
really? darn it! I will be so pressed for time then. Thanks Oct13

MKJ

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Oct13 said:
I waited three business days as this is what we were told during the oath. I took my oath on Monday and I submitted the applications on Friday.
Thanks a lot Oct13

Appreciate your time.

Have a great day.

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. For the citizenship certificate, when you apply in person, do they keep it for the whole time and return it to you when your passport is ready (after 10 days?)

2. What about the "document to support identity" (e.g. drivers license). Do you have to give that up too until they are done with it?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
coolifrs said:
1. For the citizenship certificate, when you apply in person, do they keep it for the whole time and return it to you when your passport is ready (after 10 days?)

2. What about the "document to support identity" (e.g. drivers license). Do you have to give that up too until they are done with it?
1. When you apply in person, they give all your ID documents back, including the citizenship certificate.

2. Again, if you apply in person, they will return all ID document back when you are done at the office.

That's the best thing about applying in person at the Passport office. You get passport in about 2 weeks and you have all your papers with you.

Screech339

coolifrs

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
1. When you apply in person, they give all your ID documents back, including the citizenship certificate.

2. Again, if you apply in person, they will return all ID document back when you are done at the office.

That's the best thing about applying in person at the Passport office. You get passport in about 2 weeks and you have all your papers with you.

Screech339
If you apply in passport office, is it mandatory for you to pick it up? Or can you ask for it to be sent to you by mail.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
coolifrs said:
If you apply in passport office, is it mandatory for you to pick it up? Or can you ask for it to be sent to you by mail.

No, normally they mail it if you don't ask otherwise specifically. Anyway it is going to reach you in a regular week by mail if no holidays or unexpected volumes are turned in.

"....Your passport will be sent to you by mail. If you wish to pick up your passport instead of having it mailed, you must apply in person at a Passport Canada office..."

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
coolifrs said:
No, it is not mandatory that you pick up the passport. It will still be mailed to you unless you specifically tell them that you intend to pick it up in person at the office. Not every passport office allow this option.

Screech339

Marky Mark

Sep 10, 2014
coolifrs said:
Hi Coolifrs;

What Donvalley & Screech339 mentioned is absolutely true. I do believe thou "plz guys correct me If I'm wrong here" even to pick it up at a regular service "10 Business days = 14 calendar days" you gotta make that option clear to the ppt office clerks & U GOTTA PAY FOR THIS SERVICE I BELIEVE TO HAVE IT PICKED UP.

Best of Luck.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I paid for expedited service (2-9 days) and went in person to apply and came back a week later to pick up my new passport. Other than the usual expedited fee, I didn't have to pay extra to pick it up.

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
As per Passport Canada website you have pay an additional pickup fee depending on your urgency called Expedited services charge i.e for 24 hours (Urgent) pickup C$110, and 2 to 9 business days (Express ) pickup C$50 and for regular (Standard) pick-up of 10 business days is C$20.

Jul 14, 2014
I applied for my passport in person in montreal on Wednesday Sept. 25. I applied for 10-year passport and asked them to mail it to me (regular no expedited service).
Last Friday (Oct 3) the canada post tried to deliver my passport but I was at work. So, they took it to the closest post office.
I went there and pick it up today.
When I applied in person, they give me a receipt showing Oct. 9 (exactly two weeks from Sept 25) as the passport mail-out and the agent mentioned that I should receive it by mail by Oct. 16.