+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian passport

cloee

Mar 5, 2013
Felixo said:
Wow thatz nice... I read one more guy saying the similar thing that it takes around 5 to 7 business days. But why I was confused is... when I called up the passport office, I was told that if I apply on regular processing on 22nd September the 10 business days will be till Oct 6th. So I will have to pick it up on Oct 6th. When I asked her again if I will be notified if the processing is done earlier, she said that as it will take 10 business days, the date will be mentioned when you apply for it...

How was your experience? How were you notified about the date... that it got processed in 5 days instead of 10 business days... did you check online? Would appreciate your earliest response.

Thanks buddy.
We applied at the Mississauga office on Sept 8 in the afternoon. the receipt they gave had a mail out date of Sept 22. On Sept 9th our guarantor got a call for some information verification. then on Sept 16th we got our passports.

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
cloee said:
We applied at the Mississauga office on Sept 8 in the afternoon. the receipt they gave had a mail out date of Sept 22. On Sept 9th our guarantor got a call for some information verification. then on Sept 16th we got our passports.
Cloee, did you pick it up or got it by post?

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for passport at passport office on 12th September with regular service. $160 for 10 years.

They gave me a receipt that says it'd be mailed-out to me on 26th September. So, that's basically 2 weeks. Plus, let's add another 2-3 days for mailing time. So, probably < 20 days in total.

Pick-up is going to be faster, I am sure.

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Chrysss said:
I applied for passport at passport office on 12th September with regular service. $160 for 10 years.

They gave me a receipt that says it'd be mailed-out to me on 26th September. So, that's basically 2 weeks. Plus, let's add another 2-3 days for mailing time. So, probably < 20 days in total.

Pick-up is going to be faster, I am sure.
Chryss, I agree with you that pick up is going to be faster. I think my question is not clear... As Cloee and some other folks said that they applied on regular processing.. were given a date which was after 2 weeks but got their passports by 7 days... I wanted to know if we can check our status online and know the status... and can pick it up once it is ready...Is it something like that??

Chrysss

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Felixo said:
Chryss, I agree with you that pick up is going to be faster. I think my question is not clear... As Cloee and some other folks said that they applied on regular processing.. were given a date which was after 2 weeks but got their passports by 7 days... I wanted to know if we can check our status online and know the status... and can pick it up once it is ready...Is it something like that??
I don't think there is any status check for regular processing. I couldn't see it online on their website nor did they inform me while applying of any status-check site. For urgent processing - you can probably call the office, give them your receipt number, to check status.

MKJ

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
cloee said:
Hi cloee and Others, (who got the passport)

Just wondering if you can share as to what questions the personnel from Passport Canada asked your guarantor during the call for information verification.

Others also, if you can please share the Q's asked to guarantor and / or references by Passport Canada personnel.

Thanks and Regards

cloee

Mar 5, 2013
Hi MKJ,

For us, the question they asked was name of my youngest child and how the guarantor knows me. it might be dependent on what information they need clarification on. HTH

MKJ

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
cloee said:
Hi MKJ,

For us, the question they asked was name of my youngest child and how the guarantor knows me. it might be dependent on what information they need clarification on. HTH
Appreciate your response cloee.

Have a great day!

Cheers

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
On Friday the 19th I applied for passports for myself and for each member of my family, and the passports were mailed out on the 24th (3 business days). I received them on the 29th. The applications were regular.

Just to let you know that neither my guarantor nor the references were called in my case nor in my family members' cases.

MKJ

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Oct13 said:
On Friday the 19th I applied for passports for myself and for each member of my family, and the passports were mailed out on the 24th (3 business days). I received them on the 29th. The applications were regular.

Just to let you know that neither my guarantor nor the references were called in my case nor in my family members' cases.
Thanks for your input Oct13.

Did you wait 2 business days after your Oath to apply for Passport?

Thanks again.

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
MKJ said:
Thanks for your input Oct13.

Did you wait 2 business days after your Oath to apply for Passport?

Thanks again.
I waited three business days as this is what we were told during the oath. I took my oath on Monday and I submitted the applications on Friday.

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Need help. I checked the passport website it says we need to wait at least 2 business days after the oath. So if my Oath is October 24- The earliest i can apply is October 28? Am I right? coz October 27 is the first business day post oath coz weekends are not included and October 28 is the second business day post oath so in theory we can. Or am i wrong. It didnt say apply after 2 business day has lapsed after the oath. Please tell me how you understood it.

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
vanvanvan said:
Need help. I checked the passport website it says we need to wait at least 2 business days after the oath. So if my Oath is October 24- The earliest i can apply is October 28? Am I right? coz October 27 is the first business day post oath coz weekends are not included and October 28 is the second business day post oath so in theory we can. Or am i wrong. It didnt say apply after 2 business day has lapsed after the oath. Please tell me how you understood it.
In Vancouver at the oath they will tell you that you need to wait three business days. They will say you apply on 29th.

Jul 14, 2014
Oct13 said:

Hi Oct. 13.
I applied for my passport on Sept. 24 (regular 10 years) and did not choose the pick up option.
The agent told me that they will mail the passport and since it is a registered mail I should be at home to receive it or i should go to the post office to pick it up.

I remember that eve for registered mail sometimes the post just put it in your box.
Could you please share your experience (did they leave it in the box)?

Other input are also very appreciated