+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian passport question !

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi ,

Citizenship certificate has my name as

1.first name , middle name

2.last or family name.

Can I have only my first name and last name on the passport, I mean can I skip my middle name for the passport or It is necessary to have middle name on the passport as well.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moti said:
Hi ,

Citizenship certificate has my name as

1.first name , middle name

2.last or family name.

Can I have only my first name and last name on the passport, I mean can I skip my middle name for the passport or It is necessary to have middle name on the passport as well.
Write a letter ask them not to include your middle name, they may or may not accept. If you really want to do it then you have to legally change your name to exclude your middle name. Thats the only way to get it done for sure.

moti

Oct 24, 2012
Hi canv,

write a letter to whome, passport canada or ? I yet have to apply for my first canadian passport . So can I apply for a Canadian passport without my middle name ? let me rephrase my question. can my name on citizenship certificate be different from the one on the passport ? citizenship certificate with middle name on it and passport without middle name ?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moti said:
Hi canv,

write a letter to whome, passport canada or ? I yet have to apply for my first canadian passport . So can I apply for a Canadian passport without my middle name ? let me rephrase my question. can my name on citizenship certificate be different from the one on the passport ? citizenship certificate with middle name on it and passport without middle name ?
Letter to Passport Canada. It doesnt matter what names you put in your application, they will type your legal name (including middle name) from the info they have in their databases. To have a name modified, write a letter and ask for it. It doesnt mean they will do it.

ondang2

Nov 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
June 2010
AOR Received.
January 15,2011
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
January 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Febuary 8, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 27, 2011 sent passport May 17, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
received June 4, 2011
LANDED..........
June 24, 2011
moti said:
Hi canv,

hibase on our experience same as yours my family applied for a passport, my husbanddid not include their middle initial on their passport application just only their first name, but when we already there a staff told my husband that they need to put the middle initial on their first name and the kids too, bec. it was in their certificate.....so i also checked their PR card the middle initial are also in their first name.....

eltorpe

Star Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to http://passport.gc.ca/info/section1.aspx?lang=eng:

For a passport issued using the adult general passport application:
the name is normally the same as that appearing on the proof of Canadian citizenship (certificate of birth in Canada or certificate of Canadian citizenship).
you may request that not all your given names be used in your passport, or that names be inverted, as long as your supporting identity document contains the name you would like to appear. In addition, the names listed on identity documents must be identical to the ones you want in your passport, and in the same order.