+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi Guys, Question.

I send passport documents via canada post. Online tracker saying that its delivery pending but today i contacted them and query, they said it was delivered a day ago but as we deliver in bundle (with other applications), its not necessary that canada post tracker update accordingly. Status may never update but 100% sure that document was delivered.

Anyone else has the same experience? or should i give passport office a call for the updates? suggestions?
You posted about this yesterday. From my experience this is not usual. Contact Canada Post and request a formal proof it was delivered. You paid express and they must guarantee the delivery with a proof.

ftahir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
AOR Received.
Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
Mar-2011
Med's Request
Nov-2013
Med's Done....
5-Dec-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 10-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Aug 14
You posted about this yesterday. From my experience this is not usual. Contact Canada Post and request a formal proof it was delivered. You paid express and they must guarantee the delivery with a proof.
Yes, i have contacted them on Chat. Not over phone. I have their chat saved. I will ask them to send me an email as well.

fbc2017

May 15, 2017
Still no CC charge!! From everything I see here, majority of applicants get cc charge 10 days after. Application was delivered Jan 25th. I did the online status thing on the 10th business day but no response yet. Should I call Monday and see what is going on?
hi, have they charged your CC yet? Asking as it's been 16 days since they have received my application.

ganeshac1985

Feb 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
17/02/2017
AOR Received.
17/02/2017
Med's Done....
11-04-2017
Passport Req..
19-09-2017
Hello everyone, I submitted my application 2nd Feb and reached office on 3rd Feb... Due to emergency travel to USA i request file transfer and received passport today. They told I will get citizenship certificate by mail. any idea how many days it will take to get it?

Reactions: yaacoub89

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
hi, have they charged your CC yet? Asking as it's been 16 days since they have received my application.
Yes, after 10 business I did the online status update and I got a reply 3 business days later with a number to call to update my CC information. I called and updated the info and got charged a few minutes after. Now waiting for next steps.
Have you contacted them either by phone or the online status?!

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Thank you
One more questions... how many days it took to get citizenship certificate in mail??
i still did not received it and i am totally worried and nervous i called them many times the tracking number they gave me is not activated with Canada post, im so worried about it if they lost it or something there is high risk they lose it

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
Hello everyone, I submitted my application 2nd Feb and reached office on 3rd Feb... Due to emergency travel to USA i request file transfer and received passport today. They told I will get citizenship certificate by mail. any idea how many days it will take to get it?
I am in the same boat i took my passport on the 11th Feb from local office still till now i did not received my certificate i called them many times they gave me a tracking number not activated with Canada post all of them they say it will come after two weeks a week is gone already i am so frustrated and worried and the agents on the phone they do not know anything if I did not receive it i will file a complaint and see what's gonna happen there is a high risk they lose it or they misplaced it or whatever reason the worst part of it is applying for new one will cost 75 bucks and 15 months waiting. and absolutely no one cares if passport Canada lost it.

Please let me know when you receive the certificate back.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
i still did not received it and i am totally worried and nervous i called them many times the tracking number they gave me is not activated with Canada post, im so worried about it if they lost it or something there is high risk they lose it
If there is a tracking number, it must be registered. I don't know why it doesn't show on the system. Someone else complained the same thing when they submitted their passport application. Canada Post told them they "delivered" the application, but it doesn't show on the system. The whole point of tracking is to know where the package is. Maybe the tracking number is incorrect? I don't get why they don't return the certificate with the passport?

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
If there is a tracking number, it must be registered. I don't know why it doesn't show on the system. Someone else complained the same thing when they submitted their passport application. Canada Post told them they "delivered" the application, but it doesn't show on the system. The whole point of tracking is to know where the package is. Maybe the tracking number is incorrect? I don't get why they don't return the certificate with the passport?
The tracking they gave me when i use it in Canada post is says not found and the agent on the phone also tried it and checked he said not yet active and i also have automatic tracking in Canada post so anything coming to me by my name and adress i get a notification till now nothing.

The agents on frontline they are not helping much i think i’m gonna have to speak with supervisor or file a complaint

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
The tracking they gave me when i use it in Canada post is says not found and the agent on the phone also tried it and checked he said not yet active and i also have automatic tracking in Canada post so anything coming to me by my name and adress i get a notification till now nothing.

The agents on frontline they are not helping much i think i’m gonna have to speak with supervisor or file a complaint
So, the passport agent told you it was sent out or she doesn't know?

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
So, the passport agent told you it was sent out or she doesn't know?
The agent said it is not sent yet and it will be sent later she doesn't know when they have this tracking number which is inactive, she said she will send an email to the processing center to call me or to send me back the original docs and this since last Monday they keep telling the stupid saying that both certificate and passport will be sent separately which everybody knows that already - the passport it with me since a week ago.

Denela

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Manila
App. Filed.......
04-25-2016
AOR Received.
05-13-2016 SA Received...: 07-24-2016
File Transfer...
07-25-2016 AOR2 Received: 07-29-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical Exam
Med's Done....
03-23-2016 Passed
Interview........
Waived. God is great.
Passport Req..
11-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-18-2016 ⭐
LANDED..........
01-14-2017
Again, if you don't have a Canadian travel document, like a Canadian passport, you don't have to include any other passport you have. It's not hard to comprehend, but you are saying you are applying for a Canadian passport for the first time, which means you don't have a Canadian passport, yet you said you included your previous passport, which must be from another country. This was not necessary and potentially risky. I was just trying to understand. That's why I asked. Anyway, glad you got your passport finally. Congratulations.
It looks like I got confused with the terminology used and thank you for clarification. I sincerely appreciate it. Thank you for being a blessing to everyone!

This forum had helped me so much! From my Permanent Residence visa application to Canadian Citizenship up to my Canadian Passport application. And for that, I will always be grateful! Many thanks for all your help!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
The agent said it is not sent yet and it will be sent later she doesn't know when they have this tracking number which is inactive, she said she will send an email to the processing center to call me or to send me back the original docs and this since last Monday they keep telling the stupid saying that both certificate and passport will be sent separately which everybody knows that already - the passport it with me since a week ago.
Since it hasn't been sent, it doesn't make sense to have anything with the tracking number. Your problem is with the passport department. I thought it was Canada Post's problem that the progress doesn't show.

Tihompra01

Star Member
Jul 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 April 2015
AOR Received.
15 May 2015
File Transfer...
12 June 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
22-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2016
LANDED..........
02-10-2016
Bro I would never trust this Canada post, I also had such a bad experience with them. Last time they took almost one letter posted from within Mississauga to Mississauga almost 3 weeks.