+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

piti

May 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Hi all,
Quick update: I filled in a status request online last week, and today was told to call them with CC handy. So called them up and they said my CC info was incorrect so I gave it to them and just got a charge now. He did tell me my application has not yet been looked at. Updating my situation:
  • Jan 26 mailed application for my and my spouses first Canadian passport
  • Jan 31 shows delivered to Ottawa (I sent to Gatineau, but apparently this is common from what I've seen in this thread)
  • Feb 15 CC charged (twice, one for me and one for spouse)

piti

May 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
So I tried to call yesterday but the line said 200 people so I hung up. But this morning I got a reply from the online status, saying I need to call the number provided to update cc. So I called and looks like visa debt is not allowed and only credit cards are excepted. Which is strange cause I thought on the application it stated they were allowed. But I updated my cc with the agent and hopefully should get charged soon!!
Mine was similar situation. Agent told me my CC info was incorrect. I gave him the number over the phone, and I got charged ~15 minutes later! I did actually look at my application to verify and the CC number was indeed correct, but oh well. Glad that part is over

Reactions: diana98

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Mine was similar situation. Agent told me my CC info was incorrect. I gave him the number over the phone, and I got charged ~15 minutes later! I did actually look at my application to verify and the CC number was indeed correct, but oh well. Glad that part is over
That’s great to hear! I also got charged a few minutes after the call. Hopefully this helps to get the process on a roll and get our passports soon!

Reactions: piti

yaacoub89

May 21, 2016
I am waiting for my citizenship certificate the guy on the phone gave me a tracking number which is not activated with Canada post yet he said keep tracking it no info found on Canada post i am so worried about it they can lose the certificate easily and misplace it or whatever i have to apply for a replacement because of this if happened and pay more fees i called them today again they guy said will send an email to send me back the original stuff. i just need this to finish and ba bye for the next 10 years

A

abdisarockstar

New to this thread

- Application Sent: Feb 5, 2022
- Application Delivered: Feb 8, 2022
- Passport Printed:
- Passport Tracking Details received:
- Passport Received:
- Citizenship Certificate tracking details received:
- Citizenship Certificate Received:

Application most likely to be returned since back of the photo is missing my name lol. Sucks. (Although the guarantor has signed)

Reactions: diana98

aaq94

Sep 26, 2021
Sharing my timeline here:

Application sent (Canada Post): Jan 6th
Application received: Jan 7th
Credit card charged: Jan 18th (Varennes)
Status request sent on website: Feb 3rd
Status request reply: Feb 7th (approval, would be mailed shortly after)
Passport and certificate received: Feb 14th by Xpresspost

No more stress for 10 years now, happy it's all done! Good luck everyone.
Congrats. Did you get the passport and certificate together?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I am waiting for my citizenship certificate the guy on the phone gave me a tracking number which is not activated with Canada post yet he said keep tracking it no info found on Canada post i am so worried about it they can lose the certificate easily and misplace it or whatever i have to apply for a replacement because of this if happened and pay more fees i called them today again they guy said will send an email to send me back the original stuff. i just need this to finish and ba bye for the next 10 years
Since you have your passport, I believe your certificate is less important than before you got it. That's why I think they send the certificate after the passport. Next time you apply for the passport, I doubt you will need it.

Reactions: yaacoub89

enigma304

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO (RIH)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-7-2014
Nomination.....
31-10-2014
Med's Request
29-6-2015
Med's Done....
27-7-2015
Interview........
3-6-2015
Passport Req..
9-9-2015 submit: 1-10-15 rec: 13-10-15
LANDED..........
April 2016 InshaAllah
I applied for family of 4 on Jan 6. Got 3 passports on Feb 11 but didn't recieved the 4th passport for my kid. Credit crd was charged on Jan 17 for all 4 passports. Did anybody else have the same experience?

Gabriella942

Feb 9, 2022
I applied for my first passport. Here is my updated timeline below:

Mailed in date: Jan 2
Delivered in Gatineau: Jan 6
CC charged: Jan 17
Online status request sent: Jan 22
Received status by email that file is in examination: Jan 25
Called to check the application status and got a file number: Feb 1
Sent another online status request: Feb 6
Passport mailed out: Feb 9
Received an email with a tracking number which says the passport was mailed out: Feb 10
Passport & Citizenship certificate received together: Feb 15

Finally the wait is over! Good luck everyone!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I applied for my first passport. Here is my updated timeline below:

Mailed in date: Jan 2
Delivered in Gatineau: Jan 6
CC charged: Jan 17
Online status request sent: Jan 22
Received status by email that file is in examination: Jan 25
Called to check the application status and got a file number: Feb 1
Sent another online status request: Feb 6
Passport mailed out: Feb 9
Received an email with a tracking number which says the passport was mailed out: Feb 10
Passport & Citizenship certificate received together: Feb 15

Finally the wait is over! Good luck everyone!
Did they call the guarantor/references?

action.me

May 7, 2021
New to this thread

- Application Sent: Feb 5, 2022
- Application Delivered: Feb 8, 2022
- Passport Printed:
- Passport Tracking Details received:
- Passport Received:
- Citizenship Certificate tracking details received:
- Citizenship Certificate Received:

Application most likely to be returned since back of the photo is missing my name lol. Sucks. (Although the guarantor has signed)
It will most likely not be returned and processed.

• Wow
Reactions: abdisarockstar