+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

wrxfrenzy

Apr 21, 2016
Hello all,

I need your advice,

Sent my Regular passport application by mail - 4th October ( Did not put any travel date on it).
It was received at mailroom , Ottawa, ON on 5th October Morning.

I have got an emergency situation come up recently and have to travel outside of Canada on 25th October.
Can someone please suggest me what are my options in this scenario ? I can show them the ticket if needed.
I would appreciate any help,
Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello all,

I need your advice,

Sent my Regular passport application by mail - 4th October ( Did not put any travel date on it).
It was received at mailroom , Ottawa, ON on 5th October Morning.

I have got an emergency situation come up recently and have to travel outside of Canada on 25th October.
Can someone please suggest me what are my options in this scenario ? I can show them the ticket if needed.
I would appreciate any help,
Thanks.
Call the passport call center at 1800-567-6868 and let them know of your emergency and request them to expedite it. Follow the instructions they provide.

Tony98

Sep 25, 2018
My passport timeline:
Sep 28 In person apply in Scarborough passport office (was told will send on Oct 14)
Oct 8 Passport received by mail

No travel time on the form. Regular apply.
Just a reminder, if it's possible it's better to apply in a passport office than a service canada. It's faster.

Last edited:

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Hi @rajkamalmohanram, Did you submit your passport surrender and OCI together? BLS told me i cant submit together and the application for OCI need to wait until the passport surrender request is processed.
you can submit together. Most do it that way.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi @rajkamalmohanram, Did you submit your passport surrender and OCI together? BLS told me i cant submit together and the application for OCI need to wait until the passport surrender request is processed.
That can't be any further from the truth. You can submit both together. Many other applicants including me submitted our surrender and OCI together.

Last edited:

vicky159

Jul 24, 2015
That was my assumption too. But, when i spoke to them they refused to take my OCI application and wanted me to wait until i get the passport surrender certificate. May be the agent was unaware of it.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
That was my assumption too. But, when i spoke to them they refused to take my OCI application and wanted me to wait until i get the passport surrender certificate. May be the agent was unaware of it.
What did you end up doing? You should have asked another agent.

Also, it would be better if we can move this OCI related discussion to the OCI thread so as to not impede discussions about passport applications =>

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/

citappmr2006

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
My passport timeline:
Sep 28 In person apply in Scarborough passport office (was told will send on Oct 14)
Oct 8 Passport received by mail

No travel time on the form. Regular apply.
Just a reminder, if it's possible it's better to apply in a passport office than a service canada. It's faster.
Hi I am also I scarborough pls can you help with the address of the passport office. Thanks.

Homer79

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Received my passport in the mail today. Here's my timeline:

Passport Application Mailed: September 10, 2021 (from Ontario via UPS to Gatineau, Quebec)
Credit Card Charged: October 4, 2021
Passport Received: October 12, 2021

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
I got my passport today in mail. Submitted to Brampton Passport office in Oct 04, 2021 and received on Oct 14, 2021 today.