+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

prao2511

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Hi All, I mailed my application on Aug 12. As i had sudden travel plan to US. I called them requested for Express pickup. They transferred my file to nearby passport office. Extra fee of $95 has been charged due to transfer fee and express pickup services and asked travel ticket.

They called me on 2nd sep and mentioned that passport can be picked on 7th Sept.

As its a long weekend. They were able to process the file in 2 business days.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

sookie85

Apr 30, 2014
Kosovo
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Nomination.....
09-05-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
07-08-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2016
Med's Done....
13-06-2016
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
28-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2016
For those who applied in-person and chose express pickup (not the urgent), what are the timelines you have experienced? the website says 2-9 business days - wondering if it is closer to 9 days or 2 days
Applied on Aug. 26th, pick up date Sept. 10th.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017

Torontosingh

Apr 28, 2021
Applying for Canadian Passport first time as just got my citizenship certificate, have few questions
1) Are they accepting passport application in person at passport office or its by mail only ( if not urgent)
2)I heard we are supposed to send a copy of driving license , do we copy both side of driving license on one page or both sides on on two different pages
3) Is the copy of driving license to be signed by guarantor.
4) Can i take print of blank passport application and then fill it with black pen , is it acceptable.
Any tips i should take care once applying passport
Thanks in advance

chameleonimmigrant

Mar 24, 2019
Applying for Canadian Passport first time as just got my citizenship certificate, have few questions
1) Are they accepting passport application in person at passport office or its by mail only ( if not urgent)
2)I heard we are supposed to send a copy of driving license , do we copy both side of driving license on one page or both sides on on two different pages
4) Can i take print of blank passport application and then fill it with black pen , is it acceptable.
Thanks in advance
How long did it take to get the certificate after the oath?

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Thanks in advance
1) It depends on your location and whether it is urgent to receive the passport as soon as possible (I believe 30 days before travelling date). It is however possible to apply at Service Canada office which in turn process payment and hand back citizenship certificate on spot.
2) If the application is to be mailed, then yes, you will have to have both ID photocopied both sides.
3) That is correct. You will have to have the drive license signed by the guarantor.
4) I believe it is not accepted to submit an application without using the appropriate software on computer.

The guidelines included in the application are comprehensive to help you get your application accepted when submitted.

Reactions: canadiantobe1

bluecanuck

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Passport application was delivered by Canada post on July 19. Absolutely nothing since then; not even a CC charge. Today marks 33 business days since the application was delivered. I have just submitted a complaint so we'll see what happens. Expected date of travel is end of October so I am feeling anxious.
same date of delivery. filed a strongly worded complaint last week- they charged my CC the day after and got a call today. They will call tomorrow to provide tracking numbers and was told to expect delivery next week.

Vision2017

Star Member
Jun 13, 2016
Category........
Other
Hello dear members, could someone help me with following question: I sent pp application by xpresspost to mail address instead of courier address, will they process it? I got delivery confirmation from Canada post as well. Thank you.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello dear members, could someone help me with following question: I sent pp application by xpresspost to mail address instead of courier address, will they process it? I got delivery confirmation from Canada post as well. Thank you.
Yes. I also sent my app via Xpresspost to K1A and got my passport.

Mail = Canada Post

Reactions: Vision2017

chameleonimmigrant

Mar 24, 2019
I got my citizenship certificate today, and went to Service Canada to apply for the Canadian passport, and they told me that "IRCC portal" doesn't have my information on their system. The barcode barcode at the back of the certificate got scanned and it doesn't show up on the system.

On the website to track the citizenship application, oath is also set to completed, but the application is still "in progress". I don't see "Congratulations, you are Canadian citizen" update. ECAS is Decision Made though.

Any experienced a similar problem before? What shall I do?

Reactions: nicolass