+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

chameleonimmigrant

Mar 24, 2019
This situation you’re in sucks, but it sounds more like an unfortunate clerical error than a law-related one. I’m not sure what a lawyer can do for this, except be happy to take your money.

What about the suggestion of emailing the address to whom you sent your oath declaration? It is a legitimate problem that your processing office must address.
I emailed both the oath people and local office and nobody responds. That's why I wanted to get a lawyer involved to get a response from the government, as they do not respond to me.
Not sure where else I can submit a complaint or a request.

Reactions: bellaluna

chameleonimmigrant

Mar 24, 2019
I got through to IRCC this morning. Apparently, it is not uncommon for the applications to remain "in progress" after the oath. They sent in a request to finalize the final. They said that Sydney Office might re-send me a new Certificate. I'll be flying out next Friday. Let's see how it plays out.

Reactions: nicolass

Homer79

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hello everyone. Anyone apply for their passports via mail recently from Ontario? I just sent my application today through mail. Was wondering what the timelines are these days and how long would it take to get my passport delivered at home? Thanks!

wudifxb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
I got through to IRCC this morning. Apparently, it is not uncommon for the applications to remain "in progress" after the oath. They sent in a request to finalize the final. They said that Sydney Office might re-send me a new Certificate. I'll be flying out next Friday. Let's see how it plays out.
Mine still in progress, but hopefully when I receive my cert, the application will be closed.

rohansekhri

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
We had an appointment for passport submission at Scarborough in-person on 16th Sep. Since we were ready by 3rd, we decided to mail-in the application and it was received on 7th morning. After that, I saw this thread and figured that 20 days processing isn’t true.

We called up passport Canada and told them we are driving (so they don’t trouble us for proofs) to Austin, Texas, to pick up our puppy from a friend and we had put Oct 02nd as the date of travel and we can only move it by a week max. We told the agent that with 20days we should be able to make it but she said currently it’s 20-40 days and she would put a note and offered transfer of file, to which we declined.
2 hrs after the call, I got the message from my bank that the payment has been debited for both our apps. Does this mean we should receive our passports soon?
Is there a way I can track it? I only see the online request form. I have the file numbers with me.

chameleonimmigrant

Mar 24, 2019
Went to Service Canada again today, and my certificate was able to be validated! So they took the application this time. However, my citizenship application still appears In Progress (ECAS Decision Made though). The mystery continues... they gave me a date to pick up the passport next week.

rohansekhri

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Went to Service Canada again today, and my certificate was able to be validated! So they took the application this time. However, my citizenship application still appears In Progress (ECAS Decision Made though). The mystery continues... they gave me a date to pick up the passport next week.
Did you contact the assistant who scheduled your oath? They can do a lot of things very quickly and should be able to fix this (saying that from experience).

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Next week normal processing for the passport?

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Where did you go to submit your Passport Application? Did you book appointment?

Homer79

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hello everyone. Anyone apply for their passports via mail recently from Ontario? I just sent my application today through mail. Was wondering what the timelines are these days and how long would it take to get my passport delivered at home? Thanks!
Anyone?