+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Apparently, applications received by Service Canada in-person are still considered pending until it is officially received by a passport officer.

I just called the contact centre and was informed my application processing date was considered a week after I submitted it!
True. Submitting it at Service Canada adds a little bit more time to the process compared to submitting it directly at the passport office.

For people living in the St. Catherine's area or in Kitchener, I guess you might want to try submitting it in the Passport office directly (walk-in) and see if your application is accepted. There was one other applicant (I think @yasir22 ) who also submitted a walk-in application (Express service) at Kitchener Passport office and received the passport in 4 days without proof of travel.

Last edited:

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
True. Submitting it at Service Canada adds a little bit more time to the process compared to submitting it directly at the passport office.

For people living in the St. Catherine's area or in Kitchener, I guess you might want to try submitting it in the Passport office directly (walk-in) and see if your application is accepted. There was one other applicant (I think @yasir22 ) who also submitted a walk-in application (Express service) at Kitchener Passport office and received the passport in 4 days without proof of travel.
Hi Raj, which are the passport offices you know in the GTA area apart from these two. I guess if you send in the web form request asking for a call back for in person passport application appointment, they can send you to either a service Canada or passport office right?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Raj, which are the passport offices you know in the GTA area apart from these two. I guess if you send in the web form request asking for a call back for in person passport application appointment, they can send you to either a service Canada or passport office right?
Mississauga is extremely busy. They didn't give me an appointment at Mississauga even for urgent passport when I had proof of travel. There's one in Brampton but I'm not sure how busy they are. Basically, you can raise a request to be called back using this link =>

https://eservices.canada.ca/en/service/

Check the option under "Passport Services" and request an appointment. Someone will call you back within 2 business days and they will schedule an appointment for you.

SimonAitch

Star Member
Sep 20, 2020
My journey is at an end, passport and certificate arrived yesterday.

Thank you to everyone on this forum, you've helped me through some frustrating times.

Reactions: lifein360

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Received my passport today!

I did walk-in at a Service Canada on July 23rd.

My journey has come to an end, exactly 7 years after I first arrived as an International student. Full circle :)

Good luck to all!!

Thank you to everyone on this forum, you've helped me through some frustrating times.
congratulations folks. I look back and how I joined this forum in 2016 for PR. Valuable resource this is

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Received my passport today!

I did walk-in at a Service Canada on July 23rd.

My journey has come to an end, exactly 7 years after I first arrived as an International student. Full circle :)

Good luck to all!!
Congrats!

• Love
Reactions: btoronto

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
I submitted my application via walk-in on July 21.

My first phone call to the passport office on August 18 had my passport still awaiting approval.

I called again today, August 27, for another update, and I was told that Canada Post had delivered a pick-up notice just minutes before my call was answered :D:cool:
oh, Canada Post notice is the norm for delivery?

prao2511

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Hi All, I mailed my passport application on Aug 12. When i called to enquiry about the status of passport today. They mentioned that they have not opened the Registered post. And office is busy and it would take at-least 6-8 weeks to process the application.

I am moving to a new place end of Sept. I am worried if i get my passport after that and which i wont be present in the old address.

What are the options for me to get it earlier or will they send me to my newly moved address if i asked them to mail to different address

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi All, I mailed my passport application on Aug 12. When i called to enquiry about the status of passport today. They mentioned that they have not opened the Registered post. And office is busy and it would take at-least 6-8 weeks to process the application.

I am moving to a new place end of Sept. I am worried if i get my passport after that and which i wont be present in the old address.

What are the options for me to get it earlier or will they send me to my newly moved address if i asked them to mail to different address
6-8 weeks? :eek: The length of applications are getting unreasonable.

andyincanada

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2016
Nomination.....
27-10-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2016
Med's Done....
20-10-2016
Passport Req..
12 Apr 2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-Apr-2017
Guys, a stupid question. I am trying to complete the passport application form - tried to download and then fill it. But none of the buttons - complete form, print etc are working. I am using my Mac for this. Anyone guidance? I tried to do this multiple times, still no breakthrough. Do I just print the blank form and then fill by hand? Also, does all pages need to be submitted? In between there are some instructions and then the credit card information.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys, a stupid question. I am trying to complete the passport application form - tried to download and then fill it. But none of the buttons - complete form, print etc are working. I am using my Mac for this. Anyone guidance? I tried to do this multiple times, still no breakthrough. Do I just print the blank form and then fill by hand? Also, does all pages need to be submitted? In between there are some instructions and then the credit card information.
That's weird.

Use the latest version of the form => https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/passport/forms/pdf/pptc153.pdf

Once you have downloaded the application form to the computer, go ahead and edit it.

Make sure you have Adobe Reader DC installed (if you have an older version of Adobe reader, try to update it).

Reactions: bellaluna

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Don’t use Preview. You must open it in Adobe Reader.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram