Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
My application for passport just got returned because my References were not in Canada or the US. I had a guarantor from here in Canada, but my references were both overseas. I got a handwritten note saying "References should reside in Canada or USA. We do not call international #'s". I thought others on these forums had mentioned that References could be living anywhere.

My bad luck I guess.
Ah shoot. Next time try in person. At least they will tell you if anything's wrong at the spot

Reactions: treasuredone

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram Hi Raj, when you got your kitchener appointment, did you use the webform to request a call back and then someone called you I guess? if so, do they provide options as to where you can go say if somewhere we can get an earlier appointment?
You'll have to fill this form up =>

https://eservices.canada.ca/en/service/

Under "Passport Services", check "If you would like to apply in person, select this option. A representative will contact you to schedule an in-person appointment." option. Someone will contact you within 2 business days and they'll be able to book an appointment for you!

bpjeee

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Passport Req..
April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Wow, I was just looking in the past few pages and realized how slow passport processing has become these days. I remembered back in May I complained that I got the passport in exactly 20 business days on this forum... how immature of me.

For those who are still waiting - yours is coming soon!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Wow, I was just looking in the past few pages and realized how slow passport processing has become these days. I remembered back in May I complained that I got the passport in exactly 20 business days on this forum... how immature of me.

For those who are still waiting - yours is coming soon!
Yeah. I think people should go for the in-person option, wherever it is available.

devse

Mar 3, 2017
My application for passport just got returned because my References were not in Canada or the US. I had a guarantor from here in Canada, but my references were both overseas. I got a handwritten note saying "References should reside in Canada or USA. We do not call international #'s". I thought others on these forums had mentioned that References could be living anywhere.

My bad luck I guess.
Replying to my own post.

I have an official response now from Passport Canada that References can be in our outside USA or Canada. So, I'm not sure why an agent has rejected it with a handwritten note saying exactly the opposite. I will be filing an official complaint.

Reactions: bellaluna