+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

ccolscorpion

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Guys, heads up. A friend of mine in Brampton showed up at the Brampton Passport office today and he was turned away saying they only accept Urgent applications at the passport office. He also mentioned that about 10 other people were also turned away for this reason.

This is crazy - The website says walk-in is available and doesn't say walk-in applications are exclusive to Urgent Passport applicants. Were any of you who tried to apply in-person at passport office turned away for this reason?

I don't have any data from Mississauga Passport Office. If any of you visited Mississauga PP office and successfully submitted a non-urgent PP application, please do let me know. Thank you!
I WAS TURNED AWAY FROM THE MISSISSAUGA OFFICE FOR THE SAME REASON EVEN THOUGH I HAD A PLANE TICKET. I submitted the form online and got a call from service Canada and they scheduled my appointment at st catherine passport office,

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I would assume at this point the GTA locations don’t accept walk-ins—best to fill out the form for an appointment if you need a passport urgently.

If you don’t live in the GTA, lucky you.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I WAS TURNED AWAY FROM THE MISSISSAUGA OFFICE FOR THE SAME REASON EVEN THOUGH I HAD A PLANE TICKET. I submitted the form online and got a call from service Canada and they scheduled my appointment at st catherine passport office,
Yeah, this sucks. I'm sorry. Thanks for the heads up though. St Catherines PP office is about 100km away from Mississauga LOL. Looks like their new motto is "Passport Canada - If you wanna apply in-person, you better get your a** movin'".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: rafzy and BadGamer6

Bambam123

May 16, 2021
Not sure if you guys already know but there's an online form that you can submit (just like Webform) to inquire the status of your passport applications :

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/rs-vd/stat-eng.aspx
I did this (on Jul 19th). Been 2 weeks and no response. Meh.

CC was charged on Jul 12 (Gatineau). 3 weeks later, application still pending, no updates, progress or approval. Application was received on June 28th (5 weeks ago).

They said cc charge means nothing. The agent can decide to charge your application before looking at it or after it’s done. They also said no issues with my application and everything’s all good. Blamed delays on covid and limited number of employees at the office. Called yesterday btw.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
are non GTA offices taking express pick up application?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

CC was charged on Jul 12 (Gatineau). 3 weeks later, application still pending, no updates, progress or approval. Application was received on June 28th (5 weeks ago).

They said cc charge means nothing. The agent can decide to charge your application before looking at it or after it’s done. They also said no issues with my application and everything’s all good. Blamed delays on covid and limited number of employees at the office. Called yesterday btw.
ok thanks.

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020

Oh my god this is horrible, I need to travel end of September, my cc hasn’t been charged yet (office is Mississauga) … this is so stressful…but my friend said she waited almost 2 months for her passport so I guess this will be my case as well

• Sad
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Bambam123

May 16, 2021
Check out this job at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada: Case Processing Agent (PM-01 Inventory)/Agent(e) de traitement des demandes (Répertoire PM-01)
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2662371936

If anyone feels like giving back lol.
Lol. If I was interested and applied, I’d probably get this job before my passport comes out. Maybe I’ll process my own application. You want your file processed? Come do it yourself lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Tess90