Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Delivered via Xpresspost to Gatineau, QC - June 21
CC charged by Passport Canada Kelowna, BC - July 7
Citizenship certificate returned - July 19
Passport received - July 20

WTH. My passport was processed in BC even if I'm in ON, so this may explain the delay by a few days lol.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Delivered via Xpresspost to Gatineau, QC - June 21
CC charged by Passport Canada Kelowna, BC - July 7
Citizenship certificate returned - July 19
Passport received - July 20

WTH. My passport was processed in BC even if I'm in ON, so this may explain the delay by a few days lol.
Congrats! I guess that concludes your journey!

But why your passport was processed in Kelowna, BC is beyond me.

Good luck and all the very best!

Reactions: bellaluna

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
My citizenship certificate arrived today so I'm ready to apply for my passport.

The Service Canada offices reopening is a very interesting development - I feel like I should check with my local office to see if I can submit my application there rather than mailing it off.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

The Service Canada offices reopening is a very interesting development - I feel like I should check with my local office to see if I can submit my application there rather than mailing it off.
Yup. Submitting it in-person might shave some time off the total processing time. It is even better if you submit it directly at a passport office (if there is one located close by) instead of submitting it in Service Canada.

Reactions: bellaluna

btoronto

Star Member
May 6, 2014

I received my certificate yesterday and I'm thinking the same. If you get some more info please share, I'll do the same!

adaytoremember

Sep 18, 2014
Yup. Submitting it in-person might shave some time off the total processing time. It is even better if you submit it directly at a passport office (if there is one located close by) instead of submitting it in Service Canada.
Those were my thoughts too! Unfortunately the nearest Passport Office is not close by, so Service Canada will have to do.

I received my certificate yesterday and I'm thinking the same. If you get some more info please share, I'll do the same!
Absolutely :) I will drop in first thing tomorrow with my application and see what they say.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Someone’s already done it lol

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/which-address-to-send-passport-application.738976/#post-9562349

Congrats! I guess that concludes your journey!

But why your passport was processed in Kelowna, BC is beyond me.

Good luck and all the very best!
Thanks! :) Just to follow with the randomness of this whole citizenship application I suppose. All the best!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

umeno

Apr 18, 2016
I had mailed in my passport application on June 17th and called the center to check on my application today. The agent informed me that there was an omission in the application and they had not called the guarantor yet. For some reason, she asked me for details about the guarantor again. Asked my guarantor to call a certain number and finally informed me that it would take 2-3 weeks more. phew.

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
I had mailed in my passport application on June 17th and called the center to check on my application today. The agent informed me that there was an omission in the application and they had not called the guarantor yet. For some reason, she asked me for details about the guarantor again. Asked my guarantor to call a certain number and finally informed me that it would take 2-3 weeks more. phew.
wtf!

Reactions: varlam

umeno

Apr 18, 2016
I just got back from my local Service Canada location (not a Passport Office). I was able to submit my application there and pay the fees. The anticipated mail out date for the passport is mid August.
Where are you located and how did you get the appointment?