+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
I grabbed from a previous post:

1) call passport customer care 1 800 567 6868 and/or
2) Fill the form https://secure.cic.gc.ca/rs-vd/stat-eng.aspx to get the tracking in email

I did the #2 option which proved to be not ip to date. The webpage says that your passport application should in the system after 10 business days. That being said, I’d probably just call a day or two after your credit card gets charged if it happens under 10 days.
I choose Option 2 by filling the form after my bank transaction shows the $ 160 amount charged on my Credit card.
Here is the reply I received today for my passport status

========================================================================
The passport has been approved. The printing of passports has begun with expected delays.
For information concerning your passport application, please call 1-800-567-6868. We trust this information is of assistance to you.
We trust this information is of assistance to you.
For information about the resumption of passport services, please our website: www.canada.ca/passport.

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Sent my passport application on 23rd February and delivered on 24th February.

Today , 12th March my bank transaction shows service Canada Halifax $160 . Is this for passport ?
After your ECAS changed to “Complete”, within how many days do you received citizenship certificate?

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
I choose Option 2 by filling the form after my bank transaction shows the $ 160 amount charged on my Credit card.
Here is the reply I received today for my passport status

========================================================================
The passport has been approved. The printing of passports has begun with expected delays.
For information concerning your passport application, please call 1-800-567-6868. We trust this information is of assistance to you.
We trust this information is of assistance to you.
For information about the resumption of passport services, please our website: www.canada.ca/passport.
Glad you got more info than I did. I had emailed them 3 days after my credit card was charged and only that ip status back. Hopefully, you’ll get your passport soon.

Reactions: O'canada

ALEX-UK

Nov 25, 2016
Passport applications(4)
Delivered March 1st
Printed March 10th
Certificates received March 11 and 12th
Passports received March 15th. No calls, no emails. Pretty smooth.

Reactions: bonu and myat

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Passport applications- Self
Sent - 22nd February 2021
Delivered - 23rd February 2021
Passport and Citizenship certificate Received - 16th March 2021

Thank you everyone for all your support

Reactions: myat

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
Quick Question
I booked tickets for my daughter (Minor) she will be travelling in June with her old passport.
Will this impact her journey if she become Canadian before that and have Canadian passport .

As flight tickets are booked under old passport do airliners allow ?

nomadicdude

Mar 30, 2021
I was wondering if anyone knows during which part of the process the credit card is charged, is that after the application is approved or before?

Particularly I'm wondering if my card was charged if it means everything is in order?

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
I was wondering if anyone knows during which part of the process the credit card is charged, is that after the application is approved or before?

Particularly I'm wondering if my card was charged if it means everything is in order?
Yes, when your card is charged, it essentially means the application has been processed and the printing process should begin soon after.

CCAI2021

Star Member
Mar 16, 2021
Hey @ALEX-UK and @O'canada, congrats on the swift passports. I thought it's taking 60+ days these days, like it says on their website, but glad to know it's a lot faster. Could you please share a little more info, like-

1) Which city did you apply from for the passport?

2) Did your guarantor get a call from the passport office?

islamabad786

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
Passport timelines for family member
Sent on mailing address via Xpresspost: March 1, 2021
Delivered Ottawa, ON: March 2, 2021
Passport Received (Waterloo, ON): March 29, 2021
No call for guarantor(it was another family member)

gurBahl

Mar 12, 2021
Application sent: March 10
Delivered : March 12
Cc charged : March 16
Tracking no received : March 29
Passport delivered: April 1

Ani_Canada

Jun 22, 2017
Hi Guys ,

New to this thread . I will applying for my Canadian passport soon . Read that we need to send original citizenship certificate . I have 2 questions here :

1) When they return the certificate back , do they use the normal post or expresspost ? Do they provide tacking number?
2) I need to apply for 2 passports ( myself & wife ). Should I send the applications in same envelope or different ?

Thanks in advance.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi Guys ,

New to this thread . I will applying for my Canadian passport soon . Read that we need to send original citizenship certificate . I have 2 questions here :

1) When they return the certificate back , do they use the normal post or expresspost ? Do they provide tacking number?
2) I need to apply for 2 passports ( myself & wife ). Should I send the applications in same envelope or different ?

Thanks in advance.
1) Expresspost. You will either have to call them/fill out the contact form online to get the tracking number.

2) You can send in the same envelope but clipped separately with the different documents.

Reactions: Ani_Canada