+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
I sent the form page for an update yesterday and received an email response today - they were able to confirm that the application was received and it is being processed (last week i had filled the form and at the time they said that it was not in their system yet). That at least gives me hope they are working their way through it. Hopefully this encourages you.
Did they give you a file number by any chance? Or just confirmed that it’s being processed?

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Were you applying for your very first passport? I'm wondering because I had to submit the same application that is needed if you are applying for the first time due to having a damaged passport and couldn't renew it.
It's the very first one since becoming a Canadian citizen! Update, they called guarantor today again, and she confirmed everything so they are issuing the passport soon!

Reactions: YonDB and sydcarton

cmcll90

Jan 7, 2021
Did they give you a file number by any chance? Or just confirmed that it’s being processed?
No they did not. They just confirmed that it is being processed. Glad to know your cc was charged, hopefully will print and be sent soon. I haven't seen a cc charge yet.

cmcll90

Jan 7, 2021
It's the very first one since becoming a Canadian citizen! Update, they called guarantor today again, and she confirmed everything so they are issuing the passport soon!
This is great news, can you please let us know when you receive it in the mail and if they send you a tracking #.

Reactions: Ver94

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Update
Application Delivered: Jan 8
CC charged: Jan 18
Called the passport office today (1-800-567-6868), Jan 20, and was given a tracking number for my citizenship certificate.
Was also told to check back in a week to see if they had an update on whether my passport was printed and ready to be mailed.

Last edited:

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Those who received their Passport and citizenship certificate by mail, Do you have to sing the delivery receipt in person, or does it come via regular Canada post and any one in the home can take the Passport and Citizenship certificate on your behalf. ?
If it comes through regular Canada post mail, then is it delivered to a person at door or they just drop it in you mail box. ?

cmcll90

Jan 7, 2021
Update
Called the passport office today (1-800-567-6868), Jan 20, and was given a tracking number for my citizenship certificate.
Was also told to check back in a week to see if they had an update on whether my passport was printed and ready to be mailed.
Glad everything got sorted. So I called 2 days ago and they said it was being processed, called again today because i saw no charge and was told my application was rejected due to my guarantor not signing the photocopy of my drivers license and leaving daytime phone number blank. Also because there was a 2 month gap in my occupation history (although i had no work). They provided a tracking number for all my things. I will have to wait for them to return, for now i will redo the app and have everything prepared so the moment I get everything, will be sent by mail again.

Ver94

Aug 17, 2019
Update: Just received our citizenship oath by xpress post, along with the receipt for the $160 charge. It doesn't have a tracking number for the passport, it just says that the passport will be delivered by courier.

Application Sent: December 18th, 2020
Application Delivered: December 21st, 2020
Credit Card Charged: January 8th, 2021
Guarantor call: January 13th, 15th, 18th (missed first two calls)
Request for info/application status: January 20th, 2021
Citizenship oath returned: January 21st, 2021
Answer to information request: January 21st, 2021 (passport has been sent out the day before and tracking number)
Passport received in mail: January 22nd, 2021

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Glad everything got sorted. So I called 2 days ago and they said it was being processed, called again today because i saw no charge and was told my application was rejected due to my guarantor not signing the photocopy of my drivers license and leaving daytime phone number blank. Also because there was a 2 month gap in my occupation history (although i had no work). They provided a tracking number for all my things. I will have to wait for them to return, for now i will redo the app and have everything prepared so the moment I get everything, will be sent by mail again.
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you’ll be able to resubmit soon, and they do seem to be moving fairly fast. Good luck!

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
If you still have that flight on the 13th, you’re better off calling and asking for urgent processing if you can show proof that you qualify.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Those who received their Passport and citizenship certificate by mail, Do you have to sing the delivery receipt in person, or does it come via regular Canada post and any one in the home can take the Passport and Citizenship certificate on your behalf. ?
If it comes through regular Canada post mail, then is it delivered to a person at door or they just drop it in you mail box. ?
I received my citizenship certificate today in my mailbox. It was in an expresspost envelope, which required a signature. However, it was just left in my mailbox.
Some people on this forum have reported receiving a delivery notice to go pick up their parcels from the post office. So really just depends.

Reactions: humsafar

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Update
Called for an update: Jan 20 and was given a tracking number for my citizenship certificate.
Certificate received in mailbox: Jan 22
Called for an update: Jan 22 and was given tracking number for my passport.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ver94

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Update
Called for an update: Jan 20 and was given a tracking number for my citizenship certificate.
Congrats...

Reactions: sydcarton

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Update
Did you guarantor received call?