+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

hixynewu

Nov 27, 2023
I am experiencing the same...applied in person on Dec 21st for myself, my wife and my 8 year old...till earlier this week online status showed "We have received your application and are now processing it" for myself and my family but today it's showing as "We can't give you the application status right now."...I double checked and all the information is accurate...do I need to do anything from my end for this?
We are in the same boat. Can you find the status today? I have the same date and application as you but still don't see any updates today. Todays is the 6th business day since the application in-person on Dec 21st.

R17

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
Does anyone here have any experience with a passport that was sent to an address in the states? If so, how do they mail it? Courrier? Canada Post/USPS? Is a signature needed? Can you track your passport application status? Can you track the package itself on its way back to you? How long did it take all together to receive after you sent the application? Were you able to tell how long it spent in transit once they shipped items back? Does your certificate arrive with the passport or separate? Any insights on any of all of these many questions are tremendously appreciated. Thank you!

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
We are in the same boat. Can you find the status today? I have the same date and application as you but still don't see any updates today. Todays is the 6th business day since the application in-person on Dec 21st.
just checked..same status ""We can't give you the application status right now."

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi All...any idea if I need to personally sign when passport is delivered or can anyone else who is at home can sign and receive it on my behalf.

May 30, 2023
A note to future applicants!!!

Do not take the status displayed in the online passport application tracker at its face value.

Our status was displayed as follows for 1 day and on the next day our passports were delivered.

"We've reviewed your application and can't process it further
We're sending you a letter explaining why and will return your supporting documents at the same time."

Needless to say, we were frightened out of our wits, and were wondering what went wrong with our application after leaving no stone unturned. BTW ours was an in-person application, but I think, this also applies to mail-in applications.

hixynewu

Nov 27, 2023
is it mailed today or may be tomorrow as 9th Jan?
Still can't track the status online till now. Called Passport Canada today. The passport was approved on Dec 22nd, and mailed from Ottawa (although applied in Vancouver in person on Dec 21st) on Jan 8th.

Reactions: desmat

Dlane93914

Aug 21, 2023
Location - Vaughan, ON
Sent mail Application - December 30th 2023
Delivered to Gatineau, QC - January 5th 2024
Credit Card charged - January 15th 2024

Dlane93914

Aug 21, 2023
Toll-free number:
1-800-567-6868

Direct number:
1-819-997-8338

My passport is out for delivery today. It takes overnight to go from Ottawa to Vancouver.
Did you receive the passport in the new cover? I think Ottawa has some leftovers of the old covers.

letbx

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Category........
CEC
Did anyone apply for urgent passport pickup from Vancouver.
Please advise how the process went and what documents were included to get urgent passport?
Is the travel tickets enough proof?

SFCanuck

Jan 22, 2024
Here's my timeline for a renewal from the US - SoCal

Sent FedEx to Gatineau courier address - 1/3
Arrived - 1/4
Credit card charged - 1/15
Received FedEx text notification that a package was on its way - 1/19
Received via FedEx International Priority - Signature required - 1/22

Passport was issued out of Ottawa, old design. My old, cancelled passport was sent in the same package. 2.5 weeks end to end is phenomenal, and a nice reminder of how great the Canadian civil service is in comparison to a lot of other places. Whatever problems they were having with timelines and demand seem to have been ironed out.

I was hoping for the new design. My US passport is the next generation design. It's got the same curling issues that others have noted with the new Canadian passport, but the passport and etched biodata page seem much more technologically advanced and secure. I just took my US passport on an extended trip overseas, and even with the plastic data page, I was able to cram it into a pocket just like my old Canadian one. It also flattened back out nicely after I put it in storage, so no complaints overall.

Last edited: