+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

svcanadapr

Mar 12, 2019
Applied for Canadian passport by mail to the main courier address in Ottawa - sent from Toronto.

App delivered - Aug 18
Status showing 'received and processing...' - Between Aug 23 - Aug 28
Credit Card Charged - Aug 28
Status changed BACK to 'We can't give you the application status right now' - Aug 28

Has anyone seen this before? No contact via phone or email regarding incomplete application or anything like that, so just curious if this has happened to anyone else before? New citizen applying shortly after oath with e-certificate as proof of citizenship.
Yes. I saw this status. This happened to me after they charged the credit card and before they shipped it. It was in this status for a few days and later on one fine day, the status changed to Your passport was printed and shipped to you in a courier.

Reactions: aspire2023

titgirl

Jan 13, 2021
Applied for Canadian passport by mail to the main courier address in Ottawa - sent from Toronto.

App delivered - Aug 18
Status showing 'received and processing...' - Between Aug 23 - Aug 28
Credit Card Charged - Aug 28
Status changed BACK to 'We can't give you the application status right now' - Aug 28

Has anyone seen this before? No contact via phone or email regarding incomplete application or anything like that, so just curious if this has happened to anyone else before? New citizen applying shortly after oath with e-certificate as proof of citizenship.
My application was delivered same day and my CC was charged on 23rd. How were you able to track your status?

Klakho

Jan 1, 2020
Please help! I mailed in my application from Toronto and it was delivered on 23-Aug. they charged my credit card on 30-Aug but could not locate my file number when I called them. I don’t know if it has anything to do with my first name being blank but she apparently tried all possible combinations of my name on the system and could not locate it. Is this normal?

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Could be because it was less than 10 business days since you applied? The site says the earliest to check status for mail in applications is after 10 business days.

What’s the status of your application now please? Did you receive your passport?

Currently in the same boat
  • Application sent - Sept 11
  • Delivered - Sept 13
  • CC charged - Sept 20
Status currently unavailable

Please help! I mailed in my application from Toronto and it was delivered on 23-Aug. they charged my credit card on 30-Aug but could not locate my file number when I called them. I don’t know if it has anything to do with my first name being blank but she apparently tried all possible combinations of my name on the system and could not locate it. Is this normal?

alinee13484

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2019
anyone received their passport recently?

Can you share your timelines?

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Received my passport today. I applied from Toronto, here’s my full timeline:
  • Delivered - Sept 13
  • Credit Card charged - Sept 20
  • Citizenship certificate returned - Sept 28th
  • Passport received Oct 5th
Took 3 weeks in total and was overall fairly straightforward. However, I hope this process will be digitized by the time I’m due for a renewal in 2033 to speed things up. Of course, only consider this method if you’re CERTAIN you have no travel plans in 30 business days, and are okay without making any spontaneous trips.

That’s a wrap for my Canadian immigration journey. This forum has been such an excellent resource and I’m forever grateful to everyone for sharing so generously.

Signing out now, best wishes to all.

Cheers!

Could be because it was less than 10 business days since you applied? The site says the earliest to check status for mail in applications is after 10 business days.

What’s the status of your application now please? Did you receive your passport?

• Delivered - Sept 13
  • CC charged - Sept 20

letstalk

Nov 23, 2021
  • Delivered - Sept 13
Took 3 weeks in total and was overall fairly straightforward. However, I hope this process will be digitized by the time I’m due for a renewal in 2033 to speed things up. Of course, only consider this method if you’re CERTAIN you have no travel plans in 30 business days, and are okay without making any spontaneous trips.

That’s a wrap for my Canadian immigration journey. This forum has been such an excellent resource and I’m forever grateful to everyone for sharing so generously.

Cheers!
Hi there! Thanks for showing your timeline, I was wondering if you needed to send an extra envelope for the citizenship paper or passport to be returned to you?

Z86

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
When i check the status of my passport online it shows as below

We've reviewed your application and can't process it further
We're sending you a letter explaining why and will return your supporting documents at the same time.

Has any one got this message before ?

I had called the passport office to expedite my passport for express pick up. Is it because of this ?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
When i check the status of my passport online it shows as below

We've reviewed your application and can't process it further
We're sending you a letter explaining why and will return your supporting documents at the same time.

Has any one got this message before ?

I had called the passport office to expedite my passport for express pick up. Is it because of this ?
Maybe you should call them again and they will share the reason.

PR2020

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
No, I didn’t send any prepaid envelopes, I just received them in the mail.

You’d have to sign for the packages, so if nobody’s home, a delivery notice will be left for pick up at the post office.

Hi there! Thanks for showing your timeline, I was wondering if you needed to send an extra envelope for the citizenship paper or passport to be returned to you?

alinee13484

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2019
Did you send your original paper certificate or a printed copy of your e-certificate?

• Delivered - Sept 13

Cheers!

Emperor3xK

May 27, 2020
Hello, has anyone applied for Express Next Business Day pickup Passport application. I have a valid Airline Ticket, do they ask reason for travel, or just the proof of travel is enough.

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
Our timeline:

Applied In person: Sep 19 (Cambridge)
Got a call Oct 3rd to confirm Guarantor phone number on one of the applicants out of 4
Guarantor received call same day
Passport Delivered at home: Oct 16

New Design
Printed on Oct 6
Place: Mississauga

Klakho

Jan 1, 2020

• Delivered - Sept 13
  • CC charged - Sept 20
Yes I received my passport exactly three weeks after application was delivered to them