Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Glad u finally got it. What a shitshow its been for so many. Specially by mail-in applications

this is why i almost always would prefer to apply in person even if means getting a train/bus/air ticket
Yes, it was the moral of the story. The unprecedented pandemic very much delayed everything during my time as a PR myself - from citizenship test to passport. On the flip side, IRCC has transitioned into pretty much completely online (paperless) applications (citizenship and passport, along with provincial nominations and so on) instead of mailed-in/paper applications. Years from now, people will not remember such an unconscionable delay of anything. We didn't know IRCC was still doing paper and public officers had so much pandemic-related leave/home office... and temporary helpers were barely accountable.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

So far I was planning to apply for passport in person, however now considering applying by post. I have couple of queries:
1. When we apply by post, do we need to buy prepaid envelope in which they return back passport & Original Citizenship certificate?
2. Is there any risk of Citizenship certificate getting lost? Anyone faced this issue?

TIA

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Hi Friends,

So far I was planning to apply for passport in person, however now considering applying by post. I have couple of queries:
1. When we apply by post, do we need to buy prepaid envelope in which they return back passport & Original Citizenship certificate?
2. Is there any risk of Citizenship certificate getting lost? Anyone faced this issue?

TIA
do not take risk/chance just go to nearest passport office deposit standard application if you have no rush your passport delivered within 2 week or you can get pickup date your choice.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

scb2012

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Feb-10 (CIO)
AOR Received.
Nov-2010 (From Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-Nov-11 to NY
Med's Request
07-Mar-12
Med's Done....
16-Mar-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Awaited
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully
LANDED..........
Hopefully Aug 12
Our timelines, application from US (3 Family members):

Passport Application Sent: Spt 20, 2022
Application reached PP Office Gatineau - Sep 21 2022
Cc charged: Spt 26, 2022
Passport print date: Oct 25 and Oct 26 (2 Passports Received)
Received within 2-3 days of printing..

One Child PP application still pending.. :(

Please advise if some has received child passport..
the package comes in Parent's name or the child name as the addressee?

I am expecting it should be in parent's name, as parent is the applicant. Please advise.

I need this info, in case I need to hold the package at mail facility (will be away from home).

Reactions: doiena

scb2012

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Feb-10 (CIO)
AOR Received.
Nov-2010 (From Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-Nov-11 to NY
Med's Request
07-Mar-12
Med's Done....
16-Mar-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Awaited
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully
LANDED..........
Hopefully Aug 12
Hi Friends,

TIA
You pay the fee for return mail/courier. The PP form has the amount need to paid..
Either cashier's check or Credit Card info is provided for fee.. which include the return courier.

Reactions: softwaretesting

keepitsafe

Jun 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
What a pathetic service for Passport. I applied on 8th July 2022 (by mail) for my kid and myself from Toronto.
I received citizenship certificate last week in two separate envelopes but still didn't get passports. Its already 17 weeks done.

Probably I will call the toll free number and see whats happening.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Hi Friends,

TIA
1. No, they will send back with xpresspost anyways
2. It can, but keep a copy before sending it. Send by xpresspost so it should be ok.

if possible its best to apply in person at passport office or at serviceCanada office (that way u keep your certificate)

lechunayar

Mar 29, 2019
Hello
I am going to apply for my Canadian passport coming week. I got the photo printed but the studio put seal on the back of both photos. Would that be a problem? Even I realised just now that only one photo need to be stamped by the photographer.
Thanks

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Hello
I am going to apply for my Canadian passport coming week. I got the photo printed but the studio put seal on the back of both photos. Would that be a problem? Even I realised just now that only one photo need to be stamped by the photographer.
Thanks
photographer stamp is ok but guarantor signature only one photo every thing right

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
I mailed my passport application at around the same time as you, and I got my Certificate back since early August.

My application has been 17 weeks, so I called the 1-866 number.

Turned out my file was pending on my choice to choose something on my passport, but NO ONE from Passport Canada had called me over the past 8 weeks. I wasn't missing any documents nor filled out anything wrong.

And now they said they may charge an additional $45 to transfer to the local office if I need the passport soon.

Ridiculous...

I do applaud them for asking me to choose something on my passport though.
What was the "something" on your passport? The reason I'm asking is that others may be experience this issue and may not have a clue that they should check. You got all of this info by calling the toll number?

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
1. No, they will send back with xpresspost anyways
2. It can, but keep a copy before sending it. Send by xpresspost so it should be ok.

if possible its best to apply in person at passport office or at serviceCanada office (that way u keep your certificate)
Hello, is there a thread for in-person passport applications? I'd appreciate it if someone could share a link. Thanks in advance!

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
do not take risk/chance just go to nearest passport office deposit standard application if you have no rush your passport delivered within 2 week or you can get pickup date your choice.
Thanks for the advice, is there a separate thread where I can ask questions about applying in-person?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reactions: Wandering Mind