+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Didona84

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
I just got my passport and citizenship cert in one package. Total time since mailing approx. 5 weeks. I'm really happy that it went so fast, and it seems the system occasionally rewards people who don't cheat to get the passport faster.

rajendras9

Sep 13, 2022
I just got my passport and citizenship cert in one package. Total time since mailing approx. 5 weeks. I'm really happy that it went so fast, and it seems the system occasionally rewards people who don't cheat to get the passport faster.
Do you have it delivered through Xpresspost? in one envelope and came from gatineau

rajendras9

Sep 13, 2022
I applied in Late May.

I think Passport Canada asked both of us for the same "clarification".

The first call centre agent that I have talked to , also didn't update my file.

I called them a second time this week, and now the 2nd agent transferred my case to my local office, and I have received an email of the transfer.

How about you?
For the family applicaion do they send the seperate mails? incuding certificate?

tco23

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Today's update is almost not an update.
1. I called the sixth officer and (she) immediately put me on a file transfer. OK.
[...]

Update: the local MP's coordinator invited me for intervention. I signed forms and this officer will help follow up. I guess I don't have to call further.
For those who need a pick up, you can skip to the last point.
1. The MP office is following up with me and found my file transfer was still for 21 Oct.
2. I am not exactly sure but I guess the intervention helped.
3. I made a 7th call on Oct 11 and the 7th officer talked to the 6th just to see "wait, normally your earliest date for a file transfer was 17 Nov" (assume it is, for this post's purpose). for now I just assume 21 Oct. I am still asking anyway but for such an exceptional case, waiting until Nov would make very little sense.
4. As I wrote today, the 7th officer was correct saying "Nov 17" and local office officer (who hung up) was also objective saying "you are too early for a file transfer", but the latter said such a bizarre thing as "waiting until Nov 30/Dec 1" (I intend to leave only 2 weeks after this) and in fact hung up.
5. Because of 4, I also wrote, I cannot know what is going on between different workers and this is all confusing, so my last resort is to have MP office intervene. So no more call by myself as they are my reps basically. It sounds dumb but this office is nice enough to follow up, although the 21 Oct file transfer doesn't sound any different from 6th officer's (actually incorrect) suggestion.
6. Even if 21 Oct is real, it can still take up time to wait in a queue unless I have a real appointment with the local office which we now know *can* hang up. And who knows if I can in fact get this little document in hand exactly on 21 Oct?

For those who don't know, my case is from April. Now it's heading to Nov. I had one reference move to another province, and another made multiple trips to US states.

Last edited:

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017

It rewards those who are late in the queue. I am on my week #21 and I still don't have my passport.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
For those who need a pick up, you can skip to the last point.
1. The MP office is following up with me and found my file transfer was still for 21 Oct.
2. I am not exactly sure but I guess the intervention helped.
3. I made a 7th call on Oct 11 and the 7th officer talked to the 6th just to see "wait, normally your earliest date for a file transfer was 17 Nov" (assume it is, for this post's purpose). for now I just assume 21 Oct. I am still asking anyway but for such an exceptional case, waiting until Nov would make very little sense.
4. As I wrote today, the 7th officer was correct saying "Nov 17" and local office officer (who hung up) was also objective saying "you are too early for a file transfer", but the latter said such a bizarre thing as "waiting until Nov 30/Dec 1" (I intend to leave only 2 weeks after this) and in fact hung up.
5. Because of 4, I also wrote, I cannot know what is going on between different workers and this is all confusing, so my last resort is to have MP office intervene. So no more call by myself as they are my reps basically. It sounds dumb but this office is nice enough to follow up, although the 21 Oct file transfer doesn't sound any different from 6th officer's (actually incorrect) suggestion.
6. Even if 21 Oct is real, it can still take up time to wait in a queue unless I have a real appointment with the local office which we now know *can* hang up. And who knows if I can in fact get this little document in hand exactly on 21 Oct?

For those who don't know, my case is from April. Now it's heading to Nov. I had one reference move to another province, and another made multiple trips to US states.
How did you get to talk to your local Passport Office officer? Did you find their local number on google?

Reactions: tco23

tco23

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
How did you get to talk to your local Passport Office officer? Did you find their local number on google?
hm....
I think the local office called me first.

Mayursharma86

Jun 3, 2015
Hello Everyone. This thread really helped me keep a track as to what's going on with the applications. I am Glad to share the news that I recieved my passport along with documents today. Below mentioned is my timeline.
Application for 4 members of family
2 adults and 2 children's
Application mailed via courier to Gatineau on 2022.09.02
Courier recieved at Ottawa: 2022.09.08
CC debited: 2022.09.15
Documents and passport received(for 2 adults) : 2022.10.13
Waiting for the children's passport and documents.
It took almost one month.

Genesis76

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
London (Ontario)
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
IELTS Request
No need
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
09-03-2018
Hi All,
update from my application. I applied in person on June 13th 2022 at Service Canada. I show them the Canadian certificate and they gave me back immediately. I paid the fees and right away they gave me the file number. On that page it was printed expected mail out date (Aug 10th) but the officer told me that is unlikely. I did not have any travel plan at that time.
2 weeks ago I booked the ticket by end of November to Europe. I called them to say my travel date. They told me the application has approved and asked me to call again the next week to have the tracking number. I called yesterday and the officer told me the tracking number (Canada Post). When I was checking online was still ready. Today the package has been scanned and sent from Mississauga. Most likely I will receive it next week. Finally! Basically 17 weeks as indicated online.

Reactions: cococly

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Still waiting for the return of citizenship certificate from Gatineau. Passport was received early Oct by my mom.
Not sure why such delay sending back certificate!

winklet

Nov 25, 2021
Still waiting on a child passport renewal application.
Here's the timeline:

Mailed application to Gatineau: July 28
Delivered to Gatineau: Aug 1
Credit card charged: Aug 4

Nothing since then. We have travel date in early December so still have lots of time for it to appear...