24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
You need to get an update.
Call their helpline and tell em its been 22 weeks. As well as try to get MP office involved. Some are not helpful, try others close by to your area if you can.
My local MP is well-known for his unresponsiveness, although I still tried to contact them.

The funny thing is, an MP who isn't from my constituency actually replied me and offered to contact my own unresponsive/unreliable MP.

I know who I wouldn't vote for in the next federal election :)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: iceman55 and tco23

brave heart 100

May 9, 2018
Hi, I am expecting my citizenship very soon, what is your advice regarding applying for a passport fastest way ever?can I apply in person and pay an extra fee for urgent processing or in person?
I have to travel right away after my citizenship? any mistakes you advise not to make regarding applying for a passport? thank you

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Hi, I am expecting my citizenship very soon, what is your advice regarding applying for a passport fastest way ever?can I apply in person and pay an extra fee for urgent processing or in person?
I have to travel right away after my citizenship? any mistakes you advise not to make regarding applying for a passport? thank you
It won't happen. It takes at least 2 weeks (3 weeks in my case) for the citizenship certificate to arrive in the mail. (if you are attending your ceremony online)

xt86

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
If you want your passport in the fastest possible way, then you're in the wrong thread.... The fastest way to get a passport is urgent processing, which allows you to get the passport same or next day (even on weekend I believe). There is also "express" processing that lets you get the passport within a few days, usually two days. For both of these options, you have to apply in person ("walk in") at a passport office, that means you will have to wait in line, which could be a few hours wait, depending on which office and when you go (some offices have a short wait, less than an hour). For urgent or express service you have to provide proof of urgency, which can be your flight ticket or reservation. Another advantage of applying in-person, is that you don't have to send your citizenship certificate or any other original document. You just bring the documents with you and show them to the agent at the passport office.

Of course, to be able to apply for a passport after the ceremony, you need to have your citizenship certificate. Usually it's a few weeks until you get the certificate by mail, but in some cases they agree to process it faster, and allow you to pick it up in a couple of day, or send it to you by express service.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
My local MP is well-known for his unresponsiveness, although I still tried to contact them.

The funny thing is, an MP who isn't from my constituency actually replied me and offered to contact my own unresponsive/unreliable MP.

I would get that helpful MP to get in touch with passport office instead of trying to contact their felliw mp

hopefully they’re on your case by now as u should’ve had it sooner.
Good luck

Reactions: cococly

Didona84

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
You are usually asked before the ceremony if you have any travel plans within 14 days of the oath because that's what it usually takes to get the certificate. If you cannot postpone your trip, you should postpone the ceremony.

tco23

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017

well this MP of my area, or his staffer, is quite responsive. I have no update, really, but I am about to write again on how I still have no news from the local office as yet.

brave heart 100

May 9, 2018
If you want your passport in the fastest possible way, then you're in the wrong thread.... The fastest way to get a passport is urgent processing, which allows you to get the passport same or next day (even on weekend I believe). There is also "express" processing that lets you get the passport within a few days, usually two days. For both of these options, you have to apply in person ("walk in") at a passport office, that means you will have to wait in line, which could be a few hours wait, depending on which office and when you go (some offices have a short wait, less than an hour). For urgent or express service you have to provide proof of urgency, which can be your flight ticket or reservation. Another advantage of applying in-person, is that you don't have to send your citizenship certificate or any other original document. You just bring the documents with you and show them to the agent at the passport office.

Of course, to be able to apply for a passport after the ceremony, you need to have your citizenship certificate. Usually it's a few weeks until you get the certificate by mail, but in some cases they agree to process it faster, and allow you to pick it up in a couple of day, or send it to you by express service.
Thank you so much for this detailed answer.

pnaran14

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2017
Doc's Request.
25-May-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-06-2017
Med's Request
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-Nov-2018
LANDED..........
26-Nov-2018
Hey everyone,

I sent my passport application along with my citizen certificate on July 7th, 2022 via UPS. UPS was supposed to deliver on July 12, 2022. On July 13th, I noticed that the application package was not been delivered and was still in progress. When I called UPS, they said they could not locate the application package. So long story short, they declared the package was lost and I was devastated. After a few weeks, I applied for proof of citizenship certificate again stating that the citizenship certificate was lost by UPS on Aug 17, 2022. The processing time to get the citizenship certificate is 17 months. So, I lost all hope of travel and the worst experience of my life. I was tired of being on long wait calls with UPS and IRCC.
On Oct 17, 2022, I received a notification from Canada post about a registered post. I thought I might have received the proof of citizenship certificate but I got my passport. I was ecstatic that the unbelievable had happened.

Once the reality synced in, I realized that I still have to deal with my citizenship certificate as it was not returned with my passport. When I called the Passport office, they told me to wait for another 3-8 weeks to get my citizenship certificate. Is there a contact number I can use to know if and when my original citizenship certificate will be returned? Also, I appreciate any advice on if and when I should withdraw my new application to get proof of citizenship certificate.

I have no idea why this whole process is such a mess for all of us. This should be a life-defining moment but these delays and mishaps make it a nightmare.

Thanks in advance to everyone who is going to reply to my questions.

aat1

Oct 14, 2022
Application from US:
Application reached Gatineau - Spt 8
Cc charged: Spt 12
Passport print date: Oct 6
Received today morning via FedEx
Hi! How did you know when your passport was printed? Do you get an email? I have sent my application to Gatineau as well and CC was charged Oct 4.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Hi! How did you know when your passport was printed? Do you get an email? I have sent my application to Gatineau as well and CC was charged Oct 4.
You can see it on the Bio Page at the "date of issue", or call the 1-866 number and ask.