Med's Request
February 13,2018
Passport Req..
April 12,2018
LANDED..........
May 03,2018

rk990

Aug 2, 2022
Hey everyone, I'll be applying for my first Canadian passport soon. I was wondering if someone could advise what the best way to apply these days? In person, by mail, etc? I don't have a travel date yet and the appointments at Service Canada are 2 months away? Can someone help?
Thanks in advance!

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Hello, Can anyone who applied for newborn reply me.I just need some help what documents required for passport application.
me and my wife on PR.We are planning to apply for newborn who is born in canada recently.We recieved birth certificate in Ontario.

I called ircc today they mentioned the citizenship certificate is required but on the website it mentioned either birth certificate or proof of citizenship any one proof is required.

Kindly advise on what documents to submit for getting passport for newborn.also, what's the processing time for minor applications?
1. get the child application forms
2. The forms tell u exactly whats needed.

my children born in ontario too, i applied and got their birth certificates ( i opted for the certified copy of birth registration) also known as longform birth certificate

photos, birth certificate for baby
Parents can show their id such as health cards, pr cards, driver license etc….fairly simple process

read the forms/package. Upto you to decide how to apply (by mail or in person etc).

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Hey everyone, I'll be applying for my first Canadian passport soon. I was wondering if someone could advise what the best way to apply these days? In person, by mail, etc? I don't have a travel date yet and the appointments at Service Canada are 2 months away? Can someone help?
Thanks in advance!
I’d advise putting a travel date and not leaving it as unknown…..
Or perhaps booking a fully refundable ticket and apply urgent in person…upto you

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
I’d advise putting a travel date and not leaving it as unknown…..
Or perhaps booking a fully refundable ticket and apply urgent in person…upto you
Why advise everyone to cheat and put an unnecessary burden on the system? If he applies now, he will get it in 2 months, what's the point of being dishonest? Immigrants turning perfectly fine country into their home countries that they fled, SMH..

Andy_ready

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
Finally received the knock Friday morning.

application sent: April 14
Application received: April 19
Cc charged: may 17
Passport received: 26th Aug
Passport printed: 22nd Aug

no help from call centre or mp office. Still waiting for my documents. Also waiting for kid’s passport with the same timeline.

Reactions: BuzzBuzz

renesa05

Star Member
Jul 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My mail in application reached them on 9th August and my CC was charged on 11th August. In was not an Urgent application.

rehat

Nov 13, 2014
Why advise everyone to cheat and put an unnecessary burden on the system? If he applies now, he will get it in 2 months, what's the point of being dishonest? Immigrants turning perfectly fine country into their home countries that they fled, SMH..
Nicely said. I think many people are frustrated and desperate - maybe, for good reasons. Nonetheless, this does not justify resorting to misrepresentation

Last edited:
Reactions: Invincible84

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
i agree with every single word and feel the same. Please people dont cheat. lets be honest, this way everyone wins. I know its frustrating but cheating helps no one. lets stay sane, please? :)

rh123

Aug 24, 2022
i called 6868 today to know the status. when i said it's already my week 13th then the call centre lady told me that the processing time for mail in applications is now 17 WEEKS... so frustrating:(

Reactions: latestbot

sayedsameer84

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Thanks in advance!
I was in the same boat. Looked for appointments; but nothing feasible showed up. Checked few timeline replies on this forum and found that it takes ~4months from the date you send the mail applications, which kind of tallied with the official timeline of 13 weeks (last time I checked). Hence, I applied by mail. CC was charged after few days too. Now just planning to wait and hope.

Reactions: rk990

Smff20

Aug 12, 2021
I’m very frustrated. Travelling October 1st. Applied by mail June 4th, was debited July 1st. I received my citizenship certificate back with a note saying my passport will be sent by courier August 5th. Haven’t received anything yet and I’m panicking

• Wow
Reactions: tco23