Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can you provide your timeline. There was another member who posted something similar but their note said passport has already been delivered or will be delivered by courier
I applied for passport in mail around June 29. Credit card charged July 8th and received courier yesterday with all original documents. There was a note saying my passport has been delivered by courier but yet to receive that courier so wondering if this is common and how long does it take to receive second courier with passport.

np231

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
File Transfer...
13-05-2015 (In Process: 10-09-2015)
Med's Request
11-01-2016 (Remed)
Med's Done....
13-01-2015 (Remed done: 12Jan2016)
Passport Req..
15-02-2016
I applied for passport in mail around June 29. Credit card charged July 8th and received courier yesterday with all original documents. There was a note saying my passport has been delivered by courier but yet to receive that courier so wondering if this is common and how long does it take to receive second courier with passport.
I don’t think we have many people here who have applied recently, so it is difficult to say how long will it take to get the passport. Most people here applied before May and their timelines have been very long. However, it looks like the backlog is going down and applications are being processed quicker.

I am 1 week behind you. I have yet to receive the original document back.

I hope we will get our passports soon as I have travel coming up in few weeks.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Which courier did you receive your original documents from??
usually they use xpresspost but nit sure if using others too nowadays

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Its xpresspost by canada post and they take signature at the door.

Reactions: cococly

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
Hello, whoever received their Canadian passports recently do the passport have signature on it .

I recently received mine and notices that there is no signature on the photo page of the Canadian passport .

Kindly advise on this

miltonres123

Jul 27, 2021
Hello, whoever received their Canadian passports recently do the passport have signature on it .

I recently received mine and notices that there is no signature on the photo page of the Canadian passport .

Kindly advise on this
There is no signature on the bio page (the one which has the photo) however you have to sign it yourself on page 3, if you read page 1 you would notice the following:
To be valid, this passport must be signed on page 3 by the bearer, unless the bearer is a child under the age of 16.

Reactions: sting_hard

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Yep, that's how I got my citizenship certificate back.

Reactions: tco23

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
I applied by mail one month before you, they have just returned the citizenship certificate to me last week, and my credit card was charge around the same time as you.

I have yet to receive my passport.

JuliaK

Jun 22, 2022

Kindly advise on this
No - no printed signature any more. You just have to sign it. I think they phased this out a while ago.

KosVin

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Hi all, I applied for my passport on April 21, credit card charged on May 19th. Still nothing. But i am moving by end of this month to new address.

What should i do at this point? Shall i apply for mail forwarding to my new address? Please help

pliscki

Feb 21, 2016
Hi all, I applied for my passport on April 21, credit card charged on May 19th. Still nothing. But i am moving by end of this month to new address.

What should i do at this point? Shall i apply for mail forwarding to my new address? Please help
I had a similar situation. Call them (18445339201 this number worked better for me ), explain your situation and ask for the status of the application.
If necessary you can change the delivery address quite easily.
That's what I did, although I haven't received the passport yet.

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
Hello
Has anyone applied without a guarantor (using Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor form) and got the passport ?
I am planing on applying with Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor form. Wonder if the processing time take longer than having a guarantor singed applications.
thanks!
Hi, any update on your application? I am also planning to apply without a guarantor.