Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

deborsi

Feb 14, 2022
Edmonton
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Called in today to ask for an update and was told that processing was complete and the package was sent to Canada Post this morning. The agent provided me with a tracking number so hopefully it will arrive in a couple days.

Timeline:
Application mailed = 12th of April, 2022
Application received= 13th of April, 2022
CC charged = 6th of May, 2022
Processing Complete / Passport mailed out = 8th of August, 2022

LOrangeVerte

Jun 28, 2022
toronto
Called in today to ask for an update and was told that processing was complete and the package was sent to Canada Post this morning. The agent provided me with a tracking number so hopefully it will arrive in a couple days.

Timeline:
Application mailed = 12th of April, 2022
Application received= 13th of April, 2022
CC charged = 6th of May, 2022
Processing Complete / Passport mailed out = 8th of August, 2022
Congrats Deborsi its almost there! Have you called this number +1-800-567-6868?

Reactions: tco23

KosVin

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
I had a similar situation. Call them (18445339201 this number worked better for me ), explain your situation and ask for the status of the application.
If necessary you can change the delivery address quite easily.
That's what I did, although I haven't received the passport yet.
Thank you so much. I will try your suggestion. :)

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
Anyone who applied May 2022 or earlier not had their card charged yet?

Nikipatel35

Jun 2, 2016
PP Application sent by mail - May 2,2022
PP application received - May 3, 2022
PP request status submitted - May 18,2022
CC charged - june 13, 2022
Reply to PP request status - 8th august, 2022 saying your file is in examination

LOrangeVerte

Jun 28, 2022
toronto
Update about my application after calling Service Canada today around 3:30 (+1-800-567-6868):

PP Application sent by mail - June 3,2022
PP application received - June 6, 2022
CC charged - June 27, 2022

I called the Passport Service today, after waiting on the phone for about 20 minutes - I called the French speaking line (I don't know if there is less people waiting there than the English speaking one), I reached an agent and gave her my information to retrieve my file. After a while she said that my application was under review and nothing much else. She was about to hang up when I told her that its already been 9 weeks and I have to travel at the beginning of September to see family. She asked me to wait again and told me if I have received a call from them - I didn't.

She informed me that there was a missing information about my guarantor. The phone number field was blank. I forgot to put the phone number on the application! it was my mistake and I was mad at myself.

So, I gave her all the information she needed so she could add them to the file. My guarantor will receive a call soon.

Before hanging up she said that I would be receiving my passport before the 19th of August. If I don't receive it by the 19th of august I will need to call them again.

Im glad to have phoned today and talked with a really nice and helpful agent.

Im crossing my fingers now.

tco23

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I have sent status request twice. No reply.

I believe no one will read your complaint as well.

Try calling them and ask for your certificate. That may help.
update: I called at 830am sharp. Was amused to hear 2xx calls before me, and I waited on the line until after 930am. Obviously the office has got far more agents than previously. The officer was very nice and with an appropriate (firm) tone he addressed my issues (certificate, the very long delay, and the passport itself), and wrote an email to have my cert returned to me "asap", and the passport sent to me in August.

At least I can trust that and I think my story should be over within a while. One of my references said "how about we travel to Buffalo as soon as you get the passport? I did this when I got my first passport. It was fun."

The next time I post here will be when this is about to happen.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
This is truly crap. Even many developing countries process passports and other stuff of their large population much faster than this passport-canada offices

cp115

Mar 8, 2021
Update: After calling passport office on Friday, I have received a call from passport office yesterday to verify my references and place of birth. My application was in process since months. But when I called them last Friday, I came to know that I won't get my passport unless I have a travel plan. I have explained them why I need my passport 2-3 months before my travel date. After getting call yesterday, I have confidence that my application is actually in process now. I hope to get my passport in coming weeks.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Update: After calling passport office on Friday, I have received a call from passport office yesterday to verify my references and place of birth. My application was in process since months. But when I called them last Friday, I came to know that I won't get my passport unless I have a travel plan. I have explained them why I need my passport 2-3 months before my travel date. After getting call yesterday, I have confidence that my application is actually in process now. I hope to get my passport in coming weeks.
Wait this is very weird. Since when was having a travel plan a prerequisite for obtaining a passport?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: tco23

Girlfrombc27

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
hi has anyone got their documents in the mail first before the passport? How long does it usually take to receive the passport? I got my citizenship documents last friday and hoped that the passport will follow but i still havent got it lol. I got a call from a no caller id last aug 1 to verify mine and my kids’ information. Then on August 4 i got the pssport for one of my kids and the date it was issued was aug 1st. I applied April 6 and it was received April 8, cc charged May 5. Still waiting for 2 more passports for myself and my other kid.