+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

SHROTT

Sep 3, 2020
Hello everyone. I applied in person for my first Canadian passport. I went to Service Canada in London (Ontario) without appointment and give to the officer all required documents as well as paid the fees. This was on June 13th 2022. On the receipt they printed the expected mail out date is Aug 10th but I read that they take up to 13 weeks. Wow! Is anyone got the passport sooner than 13 weeks?
for your reference, I submitted application at ServiceCanada on May 17, no passport yet. Last time I called to check status, was told it's under review. No ETA.

Reactions: Genesis76

zahidg

Jul 4, 2017
i called service canada hotline and asked them to transfer my file to local city, they did it and gave me a transfer number

later i got call from service canada from my city to pick up my passport

they dont ask any proof of travel

it was fast and easy
This all happened in a single day? I also requested transfer a few days back but wasnt given any transfer number

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Can somebody please confirm or clarify, if I want to apply for an emergency passport for my wife as she will need to travel to the UK soon, can you do that for a new passport? She applied back in 10th of March and we still haven't heard anything, so now she needs to travel, she needs that passport asap, can you apply for an emergency passport if it is the first time and not renewal?

Would appreciate if someone can confirm, thank you!

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
From reading all these recent comments, it appeared that Citizenship Certificate/old passport would be returned to us separately via Canada Post.
And the actual New Passport would be delivered by Courier.

What is the "Courier" that IRCC use? Purolator?

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
i called service canada hotline and asked them to transfer my file to local city, they did it and gave me a transfer number

later i got call from service canada from my city to pick up my passport

they dont ask any proof of travel

it was fast and easy
Would you mind telling us which local city did they transfer to? :DMaybe that passport centre wasn't too busy

JuliaK

Jun 22, 2022
Final Update:
  • Planned travel date August 19
  • Mailed April 11
  • Received in Gatineau April 12
  • CC charged May 10
  • Numerous follow ups on line - no response
  • Numerous phone calls - always "under examination"
  • Asked MP to assist July 22
  • Called 1-800 # on August 1 - Advised "in production"
  • Passport issued August 2 in Gatineau
  • Passport received August 5 in Toronto
  • Birth certificate still outstanding [but already received duplicate from province of ON]
Not sure if the MP involvement helped - but things did seem to move quickly after we contacted them. Good luck to everyone still waiting. This forum was very helpful!!

alamumair

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Hi Everyone,

My wife submitted Canadian passport request, in-person @ Service Canada on April/20/2022. Unfortunately, Since then we haven't heard any updates from service Canada. We submitted for update using the tracking # on the receipt but it just says " we will get back to you". Can someone please help/guide on what to do now. Its been over 14 weeks and still no update.

I have seen in the forum that people talking about transferring the file to local office will help speed up the process ?

Thanks

SHROTT

Sep 3, 2020
Finally made a decision to request a file transfer. Application submitted on May 17 at ServiceCan. been in under review for over 1 month. Called in today to check status again since my travel date is Aug 30. Agent was kind and willing to help. She submitted a transfer request to my local office, emailed me the transfer confirmation, and told me if no call from them the day before travel, just go to the office to pick up with transfer confirmation email and proof of travel. Fingers crossed.

cp115

Mar 8, 2021
Finally made a decision to request a file transfer. Application submitted on May 17 at ServiceCan. been in under review for over 1 month. Called in today to check status again since my travel date is Aug 30. Agent was kind and willing to help. She submitted a transfer request to my local office, emailed me the transfer confirmation, and told me if no call from them the day before travel, just go to the office to pick up with transfer confirmation email and proof of travel. Fingers crossed.
What is the contact number to talk to Passport Canada agent?

cp115

Mar 8, 2021
the 6868 number, just keep trying
Thank you! I was able to connect with an agent. My file is under examination. It won't go to production as I don't have submitted travel date but I am planning to travel in couple of months. Also I need to go through surrendar foreign citizenship and applying visa etc. That will take months as well. Agent said they can produce my passport 4 weeks before my travel date. Which I belive not enough for me.

tco23

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Hong Kong/Gatineau
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Is it normal that I sent "request status of your application" 3 times and did not get a single reply?

I also wrote a complaint around 10 days ago because, as I wrote, "I have no other way of communication so I write here that, please, return my citizenship certificate soon. I need it".

I cannot wait indefinitely and I do need my certificate.

cp115

Mar 8, 2021
Is it normal that I sent "request status of your application" 3 times and did not get a single reply?

I also wrote a complaint around 10 days ago because, as I wrote, "I have no other way of communication so I write here that, please, return my citizenship certificate soon. I need it".

I cannot wait indefinitely and I do need my certificate.
I have sent status request twice. No reply.

I believe no one will read your complaint as well.

Try calling them and ask for your certificate. That may help.

Reactions: tco23 and cococly

User184

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
I have sent status request twice. No reply.

I believe no one will read your complaint as well.

Try calling them and ask for your certificate. That may help.
I did ask them to send my newborn's birth certificate to apply for a visa on July 19 th. They said it was send it on July 28th and they don't have tracking number. I didn't receive yet. Now they are saying it will take 10 business days to receive it after sending it. Anyone have any experience!. It looks like lost somewhere.

• Wow
Reactions: tco23

Sonikky

Apr 4, 2016
I still haven't received the certificate. I found my passport in my mailbox on July 13, print date July 8.

Did you get yours through an express post?
Is there a way to find out if my certificate has been mailed? It's almost a month since the passport was delivered. I emailed the MPs office but no update yet.