+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
What a frustrating ordeal. You can’t even reach the helpdesk unless u phone over and over again and hope to get in the que.
Even then, what will be the response? Your application is still under consideration?
A total mess but at least our prime minister can leave on a well deserved vacation to Costa Rica.
Lol

LOrangeVerte

Jun 28, 2022
toronto
What a frustrating ordeal. You can’t even reach the helpdesk unless u phone over and over again and hope to get in the que.
Even then, what will be the response? Your application is still under consideration?
A total mess but at least our prime minister can leave on a well deserved vacation to Costa Rica.
Lol
Yes, it's totally frustrating and it doesn't seem like they are going to do anything about it. The thing that makes me mad is that if I get to go to the office directly I will have to pay more to get it Expedited. It feels like we are bullied to pay more because of their unprofessionalism.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Yes, it's totally frustrating and it doesn't seem like they are going to do anything about it. The thing that makes me mad is that if I get to go to the office directly I will have to pay more to get it Expedited. It feels like we are bullied to pay more because of their unprofessionalism.
i understand it is frustrating, i myself waited for 4 months but now they are improving drastically. Which is really good and by next month or so it will be all normal. So we are past the peak now! :)

LOrangeVerte

Jun 28, 2022
toronto
i understand it is frustrating, i myself waited for 4 months but now they are improving drastically. Which is really good and by next month or so it will be all normal. So we are past the peak now! :)
i have sent my application at the beginning of June and the payment was processed on the 27th of June. I'm crossing my fingers to get it in august!

Andy_ready

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
So you are saying we have seen the worst of this. ;)

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
I finally was able to reach service Canada. After a 45 minute phone call, I received confirmation that the application was not even started since April.
They sent an email to the passport officer and within 1 week, I should see a status of change on the application.
I’m supposed to phone back in a weeks time.
Since it’s over 13 weeks from the initial application they will be surprised if no status change on the application after sending an email to the passport officer that it needs to be actioned .
Basically I’m keeping my hopes up and that it will be delivered to the residence in 2 weeks time now.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
i have sent my application at the beginning of June and the payment was processed on the 27th of June. I'm crossing my fingers to get it in august!
By the way why did you mail it? You should have submitted in a regular service canada where they take the fees and generate the file number right away. And then after 20 business days you can expedite without being charged anything extra.

LOrangeVerte

Jun 28, 2022
toronto
By the way why did you mail it? You should have submitted in a regular service canada where they take the fees and generate the file number right away. And then after 20 business days you can expedite without being charged anything extra.
because I didn't know I could do that without an appointment!

AshuT

Aug 2, 2022
Do you mean if applied at Service Canada, we can expedite without additional fees? I have applied in person at Service Canada first week of June and when called them they are asking to go directly to local passport office, pay additional fee and expedite.
Also could anyone please advise that is it worth to go directly to local passport office as I don’t know local office has even accepted my request. I heard the queue is long enough and I have newborn whom I can’t leave at home. I am traveling in mid Aug.