+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Bibobibo123

Jul 4, 2022
My wife and I sent the passport application on May 30th. It was delivered on May 31st. The CC was charged on July 7th. We received my wife's passport on July 21st, but mine hasn't arrived yet. Has this happened with anyone? Should I be worried about my passport being lost?
Can I ask if your wife’s is renewal or new application?

Last edited:

CaptBasil

May 10, 2022
Finally got my passport July 11!

Timeline:
Mail App received in Ottawa (sent to Gatineau address): April 12
Cc charged: May 8
Passport Received by me - July 11
Citizenship Certificate - pending. it was not sent together with my passport.

My canada post account didn't capture the tracking number of the xpresspost envelope so it was a surprise! I was at work so CP left a note and I had to pick it up.

Thanks for the information from everyone on this thread. Hope that you all will get your passport soon! :)
Update: Citizenship Certificate - Received July 26.

CaptBasil

May 10, 2022
Congratulations, Did you expedite it or did anything special like getting MP involved or getting it transferred to local office to get it?
Thanks! Not expedited, no transfer to a local office, no travel booked as I don't want to risk it. I reached out to MP for assistance. They asked me to sign a consent form so they can follow up on my behalf plus other relevant info. Not really expecting much from them but decided it wont hurt to try.

I remember calling the Passport hotline July 6 to inquire about the status of my application and was given the usual "under examination" update by the agent but suddenly got my passport, less than a week later.

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
After receiving someone else's passport in the envelope addressed to me, I have called helpline many times told them the situation. They said that someone will call me very soon and tell me what to do but I never received the call. Also contacted my MP who has forwarded my request. However, I am thinking to buy a ticket and go in person to get my passport as I had to travel already but was waiting for passport which I anticipate has been mailed to someone else and vice versa, have no clue.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hi

Passport mailed: Apr 2, 2022
Passport received at Service Canada: Apr 7, 2022
CC charged: May 3, 2022
Passport sent for printing: Jul 26, 2022 (called and found out)

Thank you

Anton

Andy_ready

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
Has anyone tried calling the 6868 number today? They added a new step. Press 1 from Canada and 2 from US. If you press 1 it says call during working hours. It seems service Canada has lost their minds :mad:

humerarehman

Jun 10, 2022
Has anyone tried calling the 6868 number today? They added a new step. Press 1 from Canada and 2 from US. If you press 1 it says call during working hours. It seems service Canada has lost their minds :mad:
yeah I got exactly the same message saying their office is closed and call back during business hours mon-fri between 7am-8pm ET... which is exactly when i called... jeez!

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Thanks! Not expedited, no transfer to a local office, no travel booked as I don't want to risk it. I reached out to MP for assistance. They asked me to sign a consent form so they can follow up on my behalf plus other relevant info. Not really expecting much from them but decided it wont hurt to try.

I remember calling the Passport hotline July 6 to inquire about the status of my application and was given the usual "under examination" update by the agent but suddenly got my passport, less than a week later.
Wow, this is interesting so the agent said its under examination and passports showed up in a week, I wonder if your MP calling in helped with the file transfer and the agent didn't see any status change, does it show where the passports were printed/issued? Is it Ottawa or your local office?

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
My passport has been in production for like 2 weeks ...called yesterday and they advised it's still in production .

Applied on 31st March in person at service Canada

Is this normal ?