Jun 19, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
Hello all,
I have got someone else's passport in the envelope addressed to me. Very much devastated. After almost 16 weeks, I am nowhere! Has this ever happened to someone else? I have no words.
NO!!!! This is horrible.

Reactions: Idilia555

senorita_dxb

Jun 19, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
LANDED..........
What is the requirement for showing proof of travel? I have been away from my husband for more than 8 months now? Is a booked ticket enough or need some other document as well?
booked ticket should be enough of the proof of travel.

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
I received my citizenship certificate today. I collected my passport from the passport office two weeks ago so I presume that pushed Gatineau to return my certificate. Who knows. Extremely glad this whole process is all over. My MP did absolutely nothing both when I emailed them for citizenship help as well as passport help so I wouldn’t hold out that they’ll be of any help if you’re still waiting.

Good luck to all still waiting.

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
I received my citizenship certificate today. I collected my passport from the passport office two weeks ago so I presume that pushed Gatineau to return my certificate. Who knows. Extremely glad this whole process is all over. My MP did absolutely nothing both when I emailed them for citizenship help as well as passport help so I wouldn’t hold out that they’ll be of any help if you’re still waiting.

Good luck to all still waiting.
Did your MP never replied your email or didn't forward it to the relevant department? Or their intervention was not simply helpful?

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Did your MP never replied your email or didn't forward it to the relevant department? Or their intervention was not simply helpful?
They did reply and said they would look into it on my behalf but then I never heard a word. Same thing happened with my citizenship application.

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Applied for the passport at a service Canada centre location with no travel planned for the near future on April 25th and still waiting.

Credit card charges were done on the same day.
13 weeks have elapsed .
As per the website standard processing times could take up to 13 weeks with no travel plans , this does not include mailing time.

Week 14 starts this coming Monday so gonna be optimistic it’s on its way this week.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Applied for the passport at a service Canada centre location with no travel planned for the near future on April 25th and still waiting.

Credit card charges were done on the same day.
13 weeks have elapsed .
As per the website standard processing times could take up to 13 weeks with no travel plans , this does not include mailing time.

Week 14 starts this coming Monday so gonna be optimistic it’s on its way this week.
Their website said "9 weeks + mailing time" in early June 2022. Then I saw they said "10 weeks+ Mailing time" in late June.

It's now "13 weeks" ?

They might as well say "all passport application shall be processed within 52 weeks".

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
So you went in person to local office to tell them to transfer the file to the same local office? How did the security person let you in or you had a appointment?
Yep. I lined up outside, then before the office opened at 8:30, some staff came out to ask why we were all there one by one. They were helping people with new applications to make sure all the documents were in order and then seeing if there were any transfer requests. There were 3 of us. They each asked why we were travelling and when (the only thing that really seemed to matter was the when as all I said was to see family). I just showed her my hotel booking as we're driving not flying. Filled out a small form and then said they will put the request in and should get a call today or tomorrow with pickup instructions.

I don't know how many transfers they do a day, but my local office was mainly new applications.

JuliaK

Jun 22, 2022
Quick Update:
  • Single New Passport with travel date of August 19
  • Application Received in Gatineau - April 12
  • CC charged - May 10
  • Numerous on line follow-ups - no response
  • Numerous follow-ups by phone - "under examination"
  • Asked MP to follow up - July 22
  • At request of MPs office - File transferred - July 25
  • Now waiting for local North York office to accept transfer and contact us
  • 15 weeks and counting

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Hi, Could someone please clarify, whether while picking the passport do i need to show the tickets again?
No, just the pickup receipt….and some ID

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
Anyone still waiting from March? My wife applied in person at service Canada 10th of March and still nothing, we even got the local MP involved and still nothing.