Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Decided to roll the dice, called in and asked for a transfer to Toronto office as my flight now comes in under 10 business days. Prior to putting in the request, the agent on the phone told me that it was still 'under examination'.

Anyway, the agent said that he put in the request, that there 'might' be extra changes but whoever is calling me up from the passport office will let me know, that there's a chance they might reject my transfer request and that I could find out about the status of my passport 24 - 48 hours before the flight.

I guess we'll find out when it happens! :cool: At the rate it's happening, I expect a lot of the backlog (when it runs through its normal course) should be done by fall, which means (predictably) that the airports are going to be a clown show on labour day weekend.
Following up on this - got a call from the Passport Office that my passport is being mailed out next week so I should expect it shortly.

Reactions: Andy_ready

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
What is the best way to contact the MP, telephone, email or personal visit and do one has to send followup email etc.
I would say email is the best bet - it depends heavily on how responsive the MP in your area is.

I was lucky that my MP would reply but I have seen others completely ignore any such requests.

Try calling in a few days if email does not work. In person may not be possible because they restrict in person appointments due to COVID. And yes, follow up.

Reactions: citipass

JANDOUBI

Aug 4, 2016
Following up on this - got a call from the Passport Office that my passport is being mailed out next week so I should expect it shortly.
Hey,
I am in the same situation, my Oath ceremony will be on the 23rd of july and I am traveling outside canada in Aug 13th , could you please let me know how long did it take for you to get the proof of citizenship after your oath (business days ) because I am thinking about applying for the passport urgently at canada passport office location after i get the proof of citizenship. Or should I postpone my Oath ceremony! That I've been waiting for for 7 years .
Please let me know about the time line . Thanks and congrats by the way.

jermainedeffo

Jun 27, 2022
Hi - I was hoping to get some advice on making a passport application for my newborn. We need to travel back to the UK as soon as possible as my partner's father (newborn's grandfather) has been diagnosed with cancer.

I have some questions:

1. I have an appointment at a Service Canada Centre (Passport Services) on September 13th 2022. Is it better to wait for that appointment or to submit an application by mail in the next couple of days?
2. Would proof of my partner's father's cancer diagnosis suffice as evidence that we require immediate travel or do I need to take the risk and book a flight back to the UK?
3. Would I be able to have the application dealt with urgently as a walk-in at a Service Canada Centre in this situation? Or does the fact I don't have a flight booked mean I'd be at the back of the queue?

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
I would say email is the best bet - it depends heavily on how responsive the MP in your area is.

I was lucky that my MP would reply but I have seen others completely ignore any such requests.

Try calling in a few days if email does not work. In person may not be possible because they restrict in person appointments due to COVID. And yes, follow up.
Thanks

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Hey,
I am in the same situation, my Oath ceremony will be on the 23rd of july and I am traveling outside canada in Aug 13th , could you please let me know how long did it take for you to get the proof of citizenship after your oath (business days ) because I am thinking about applying for the passport urgently at canada passport office location after i get the proof of citizenship. Or should I postpone my Oath ceremony! That I've been waiting for for 7 years .
Please let me know about the time line . Thanks and congrats by the way.
It took about 17-odd calendar days to get my Citizenship certificate in the mail. The ceremony was on April 9, Certificate was received on April 26.

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Decided to mail in my passport application to Gatineau:

Mailed it in on June 8th
Received by passport Canada: June 9th (opted for one-day shipping via Purolator)

Haven't seen my credit card charged yet so I guess I will give it about 2 weeks?
I happened to check the credit card I provided and looks like it was charged on July 11th by SC PASSPORT VARENNES 2 for $160.

I guess I should receive my passport soon? or am I being over optimistic?

np231

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
File Transfer...
13-05-2015 (In Process: 10-09-2015)
Med's Request
11-01-2016 (Remed)
Med's Done....
13-01-2015 (Remed done: 12Jan2016)
Passport Req..
15-02-2016
Do you mean after they charge the credit card it still takes 14 weeks or more from this point?
I am 1 week behind you, here is my timeline:

Application mailed: 02Jul
Application received: 04Jul
Credit Card charged: not yet
Travel date specified: 02Sep

I don’t think it is going to take 14+ weeks as the passport centers have cleared many applications. Most of the people that experienced a long wait time mainly applied before May2022, this was the peak time when things got out of control. There has been a lot of presuure on the passport offices due to this situation. If you notice the timelines for earlier applications, it was taking minimum 1 month before the credit card would get charged. I think your card was charged in 3 weeks. I think that is a sign of improvement.

I am hopeful that my application will be processed quickly. If they don’t, I am prepared to ask for a transfer. I will update my timeline as I get more updates.

Last edited:

Mja2015

Jul 17, 2022
Hi , when we request for transfer of passport application to local passport office and it's time for pickup, can spouse pickup on behalf of the applicant ?

Thanks

Andy_ready

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
I happened to check the credit card I provided and looks like it was charged on July 11th by SC PASSPORT VARENNES 2 for $160.

I guess I should receive my passport soon? or am I being over optimistic?
The service Canada website states upto 13 weeks overall processing.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Managed to get a hold of them on the phone. 3 months to the date since my application was delivered, agent mentioned it was still in the "examination" stage and said it's taking anywhere between 9-17 weeks. The waiting goes on...

Timeline:
Application mailed = 12th of April, 2022
Application received= 13th of April, 2022
CC charged = 6th of May, 2022
That's crazy, I am on the same page, got the same answer from agent that it's under examination. Like if you don't have travel plans you are not going to get your passport anytime soon. That is so unfair. Very bad management.

Reactions: BenLinus6

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
This is very appalling that they can’t produce passports quickly…..its almost like applying for a visa or etc

processing times at embassies abroad are much better, apply from there if u can travel abroad on other nationality/passport

Reactions: BenLinus6