+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Sonikky

Apr 4, 2016
My question is for Indian passport holders. Were you able to surrender Indian passport without a copy of Canadian passport?
If you submitted the application in person, did they accept your application without original citizenship certificate and Canadian passport?

I haven't been back home since 4yrs due to various reasons (personal and pandemic). I am waiting for Canadian passport since April.

Location: I sent the application via express mail Canada Post
Application sent date: April 14, 2022
Application delivered: April 19, 2022
Destination address: 22 De Varennes St Gatineau, QC, J8T 8R1
Credit card charged: May 9, 2022

I am unable to reach an agent on the toll free but was able to connect with payments line. The agent shared the file# and said the file is yet to be assigned to an officer but he also said it's just pending print. That was 3 weeks ago. Very confusing message.

I got my passport. Received it in my mailbox via xpresspost, I live in a condominium. I haven't received my Citizenship certificate yet. Passport printed on July 8.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
We mailed our applications and arrived May 26th. Renewal for our almost 5 yr old whose passport expires in November. And a replacement for my husband whose photo was damaged. Travel date lised of September 17th. Requested status updates online over 2 wks ago for my son around 2 wks ago for my husband, but they didn't respond. We also have not been charged yet. Has anyone noticed a difference in timeline for these type of apps? I plan to try calling to see why we haven't been charged yet.

shroffb

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2013
AOR Received.
19-11-2013
File Transfer...
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
20-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 22nd July...DM on 2nd August....Passport received on 11th August
Guys not sure if anybody can help me with this, this question is not related to timeline. I have service canada appt on Friday to submit my passport application and I was trying to validate the form today. But nothing happens when i click on validate, I have ensured all fields are filled properly. I tried mac and window as well but same issue. However when i open the pdf, I am getting this error.

"This document enabled extended features in Adobe Acrobat Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the author for the original version of this document."

Any idea what I can try from my side?

gary377

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Did you surrender your Indian passport? Did BLS accept your application without a copy of Canadian passport and original citizenship certificate?
Yes you can you have to send a copy of citizenship certificate both sides with a letter to consulate General regarding that you applied for Canadian passport and in process. I opted courier service from bls so you don't have to go to BLS .

Reactions: Andy_ready

gary377

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Hello all,
My application received at Gatineau on 22 April and CC charged June 1 . I called my MP for status and they told me yesterday that passport is gone for printing. So how many days it will take to print? Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy_ready

dannyjawaid

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 12th 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 5th 2013
Med's Request
March 28th 2014
Med's Done....
April 12th 2014
Passport Req..
April 29th 2014
Hey all - anyone know what recent wait times are like for walk in applicants at any of the specialized GTA passport offices (Downtown, Scarborough, Brampton etc.). Is it still insanely busy where you have to line up super early in the morning?

Hypatia

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
App. Filed.......
15-06-2020

crips

Jan 31, 2017
Hello All, long time lurker on this thread. Mailed passport application for my baby on April 4th without a travel plan. CC debited on April 28. Submitted a request to my MP office to expedite our case. They informed me today that passport was mailed to my residence yesterday and provided a tracking number but it does not show any result on Canada Post website. Also, I have enabled Canada Post auto tracking but not sure whose name the package will come to - mine or my baby's name.

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
Hello All, long time lurker on this thread. Mailed passport application for my baby on April 4th without a travel plan. CC debited on April 28. Submitted a request to my MP office to expedite our case. They informed me today that passport was mailed to my residence yesterday and provided a tracking number but it does not show any result on Canada Post website. Also, I have enabled Canada Post auto tracking but not sure whose name the package will come to - mine or my baby's name.
I hope you get it by day end.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Hello all,
My application received at Gatineau on 22 April and CC charged June 1 . I called my MP for status and they told me yesterday that passport is gone for printing. So how many days it will take to print? Thanks
According to the call from passport agent I received on Monday 11, my passport was going to be printed on Tuesday July 12 and ship express via Canada post. When I received my passport yesterday it was actually printed on the same Monday I received the call and ship on Tuesday overnight. I will say you may receive it tomorrow or late on Monday, you are close.

Reactions: gary377

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
If your CC still haven't been charged, you should definitely call the payment line (1-833-407-1031 ) to get some update as to why CC hasn't been charged, that's one of the first steps in the application process.
Careful giving out that number. I tried today as my card hasn't been charged and he wasn't happy I had the number. Told me to call the main passport line. He asked how I got the number and when I mentioned an online forum he wasn't impressed lol. Said something that they were trying to shut down the forum....of course I didn't say which one.

• Haha
Reactions: BenLinus6

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Has anyone thought how could we, as we are waiting for our first passport go to cast our ballet?

I know I am registered on the Federal, Provincial Elector list, but do we need to bring our passport/citizenship certificate there? I have neither of those, as I am applying for my first passport.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Careful giving out that number. I tried today as my card hasn't been charged and he wasn't happy I had the number. Told me to call the main passport line. He asked how I got the number and when I mentioned an online forum he wasn't impressed lol. Said something that they were trying to shut down the forum....of course I didn't say which one.
"Shut down" this forum LOL ? Where is that agent (a Canadian Citizen) from? North Korea?

Reactions: BenLinus6