Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
Has anyone thought how could we, as we are waiting for our first passport go to cast our ballet?

I know I am registered on the Federal, Provincial Elector list, but do we need to bring our passport/citizenship certificate there? I have neither of those, as I am applying for my first passport.
No. You don’t need it. Just need the voter info card and one ID.

Last edited:

KosVin

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
My timeline: New citizen passport - Gatineau - Application by mail
Application mailed = 28, March, 2022
Application received= 01 April, 2022
CC charged = 14 April , 2022
Printed - 06 July
Received - 14 July
I hope this helps
Congrats, Can i ask you how are you tracking the status of the passport?

Chris521

Jul 6, 2022
April 25: Mailed out the application;
April 27: the Application Received;
June 2: Fee was charged on credit card;
July 6: called 1-800-567-6868 to transfer the case to local passport office because travel date is July 18;
Finally, the passport office called me on July 13 and asked me to pick up passports on July 15.

One thing I like to share with you, so you may avoid a surprise. My daughter's birth notarization done in China was not acceptable to them. I told them I used it for immigration to Canada and it was acceptable to the federal government. They said either you do it with The Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario or you don't get your daughter's passport. Good luck and can't wait to get our passports.

KosVin

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
I know when I send, Canada post tracking I know when it got reached there, CC I know when they pull money and on passport they write when its printed
Right. My CC was charged on May 19 but i havent received any notification yet. So I was wondering how to check. Thanks for the info

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Decided to roll the dice, called in and asked for a transfer to Toronto office as my flight now comes in under 10 business days. Prior to putting in the request, the agent on the phone told me that it was still 'under examination'.

Anyway, the agent said that he put in the request, that there 'might' be extra changes but whoever is calling me up from the passport office will let me know, that there's a chance they might reject my transfer request and that I could find out about the status of my passport 24 - 48 hours before the flight.

I guess we'll find out when it happens! :cool: At the rate it's happening, I expect a lot of the backlog (when it runs through its normal course) should be done by fall, which means (predictably) that the airports are going to be a clown show on labour day weekend.

zahidg

Jul 4, 2017
April 25: Mailed out the application;
April 27: the Application Received;
June 2: Fee was charged on credit card;
July 6: called 1-800-567-6868 to transfer the case to local passport office because travel date is July 18;
Finally, the passport office called me on July 13 and asked me to pick up passports on July 15.

One thing I like to share with you, so you may avoid a surprise. My daughter's birth notarization done in China was not acceptable to them. I told them I used it for immigration to Canada and it was acceptable to the federal government. They said either you do it with The Association of Translators and Interpreters of Ontario or you don't get your daughter's passport. Good luck and can't wait to get our passports.
hi can I ask, after your file transferred, did they simply call you on the 13 to let you know that you can pick up passport on the 15th? I’m just trying to understand that do you need to go into office after they call, before you pick the passport? And then go again to pick up the passport?

ms453

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to share my timeline - I applied from Toronto as a single applicant:

• Feb 25 - completed citizenship ceremony
  • Mar 10 - passport received at Gatineau office
  • May 3 - resent application with updated card details. Application received at the Gatineau office on May 4.
  • May 12 - CC charged.
  • Jul 15 - picked up passport from 74 Victoria Street office.

A few points:
  • My card got stolen after sending my application in March and I was unable to reach a Service Canada officer to update my card details. I missed their call and did not have a number to call them back so my application was returned and hence I had to resend my application in May.
  • After my CC was charged I received no further information and I was playing the waiting game. I did not have the patience to try the 6868 number.
  • I did write to my MP to intervene and it did require some back and forth. I finally received a call from the passport office on Jul 14 that the passport has gone for printing and will be ready for pick up by 1 PM on Jul 15.
  • I had not given any travel date on my passport application because I have no intention to travel. Everything is expensive and it's chaos at the airports. I just wanted to get my passport so that I may visit family in India in case of an emergency.
  • My citizenship certificate and Indian passport will arrive separately in the mail via Canada Post ExpressPost (according to the passport agent). It should be here before the end of the month.
Take care folks and hope you get your passport soon. I know it's stressful but it will be resolved. You're not alone.

Hope this information is useful to the fellow community on this forum. I'm having a beer tonight!

JANDOUBI

Aug 4, 2016
Hello everyone,

Please as I am going to explain my situation i would appreciate some help or advice.

I just received invitation to take the Oath for canadian citizenship on the date
July 23rd/22 , and I am planning to travel August 10th ( need to travel for urgent matter) and will return to canada in October 22, my question that i have tow options:

1- is to postpone and reschedule my Oath ceremony until i come back to canada

2- do the Oath and hope to get my proof of citizenship then apply for canadian passport in person at canada passport processing location in Mississauga area.

So my question is will it be possible to do the option-2 I know it is very hard but will it be possible to do that or not OR should i go with option-1 and hope the reschedule the appointment for me .

I know that it is a bit out of main subject here but will appreciate an advice.
Thank you all

Andy_ready

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
Hello everyone,

Please as I am going to explain my situation i would appreciate some help or advice.

I just received invitation to take the Oath for canadian citizenship on the date
July 23rd/22 , and I am planning to travel August 10th ( need to travel for urgent matter) and will return to canada in October 22, my question that i have tow options:

1- is to postpone and reschedule my Oath ceremony until i come back to canada

2- do the Oath and hope to get my proof of citizenship then apply for canadian passport in person at canada passport processing location in Mississauga area.

So my question is will it be possible to do the option-2 I know it is very hard but will it be possible to do that or not OR should i go with option-1 and hope the reschedule the appointment for me .

I know that it is a bit out of main subject here but will appreciate an advice.
Thank you all
It usually takes a week to 10 days to get the citizenship certificate. You should opt for option 1

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to share my timeline - I applied from Toronto as a single applicant:

• Feb 25 - completed citizenship ceremony
  • Mar 10 - passport received at Gatineau office
  • May 3 - resent application with updated card details. Application received at the Gatineau office on May 4.
  • May 12 - CC charged.
  • Jul 15 - picked up passport from 74 Victoria Street office.

A few points:
  • My card got stolen after sending my application in March and I was unable to reach a Service Canada officer to update my card details. I missed their call and did not have a number to call them back so my application was returned and hence I had to resend my application in May.
  • After my CC was charged I received no further information and I was playing the waiting game. I did not have the patience to try the 6868 number.
  • I did write to my MP to intervene and it did require some back and forth. I finally received a call from the passport office on Jul 14 that the passport has gone for printing and will be ready for pick up by 1 PM on Jul 15.
  • I had not given any travel date on my passport application because I have no intention to travel. Everything is expensive and it's chaos at the airports. I just wanted to get my passport so that I may visit family in India in case of an emergency.
  • My citizenship certificate and Indian passport will arrive separately in the mail via Canada Post ExpressPost (according to the passport agent). It should be here before the end of the month.
Take care folks and hope you get your passport soon. I know it's stressful but it will be resolved. You're not alone.

Hope this information is useful to the fellow community on this forum. I'm having a beer tonight!
What is the best way to contact the MP, telephone, email or personal visit and do one has to send followup email etc.

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
Hi all, can anyone help in this regard,
What is the best way to contact the MP, telephone, email or personal visit and do one has to send followup email etc?

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
My timeline: New citizen passport (family of 3)- Application by mail

Application mailed on 23, June 2022
Application delivered on 27 June 2022
CC charged on 16 July 2022

How long does it take after the credit card is charged?

Last edited:

whwidjaja

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Vancouver, BC, Canada
My timeline: New citizen passport (family of 3)- Application by mail

Application mailed on 23, June 2022
Application delivered on 27 June 2022
CC charged on 16 July 2022

How long does it take after the credit card is charged?
honestly, it could be between 14 weeks up to infinity. In most cases you should expect to wait at least for 15 weeks.