+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

KMR389

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Hello Everyone.

Any thoughts please....
Which process would be better to opt in terms of passport application processing timeliness.
1. Visiting service Canada for in person application.
2. Mailing application to the Gatieau, QC

Thank you in advance.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Hello Everyone.

Any thoughts please....
Which process would be better to opt in terms of passport application processing timeliness.
1. Visiting service Canada for in person application.
2. Mailing application to the Gatieau, QC

Thank you in advance.
Visit a Passport Canada office and not a Service Canada !

bishibashi

Jun 21, 2022
Just found out about an automatic tracking service provided by Canada Post (need to sign up online and personally turn on this service). It tracks any packages matching your name and delivery address and it'll automatically appear on your tracklist without a tracking number.

I just turned it on. We'll see if it tracks packages from the passport office.
Just wanted to give an update after a long wait, we've received the passport.

Submitted 2 new passport applications (1 adult, 1 child) with no travel date. Mailed in the applications with original documents to Gatineau, QC.
- Application Sent: March 28th, 2022
- Application Delivered: April 4, 2022 (apparently they received April 1, 2022)
- CC Charged: April 27th and April 28th.
- Passport Printed: July 4, 2022 (operator from the 6868 mentioned 1-2 weeks to receive passport)
- Passport Received: July 11, 2022

Canada Post left 2 delivery notices for pickup. They required signatures. I turned on tracking services from my Canada Post account but never received any notices for these packages.

Each passport came in separate envelopes with their respective original documents in it.

Good luck everyone! I heard they are making changes to their system and hopefully, they can expedite the passports a lot faster.

salmanma

Star Member
Jan 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-01-2018
Visit a Passport Canada office and not a Service Canada !
Passport Canada will only accept if you are travelling in the next 45 days, otherwise your options are Service Canada or by Mail

Reactions: fafa3002

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Hi everyone,
I applied for my passport on the 7th of April at the service Canada location in Woodstock(ontario) and paid with a debit card and got charged at the same time but until today I don't get any update at all about my application. I didn't mention any travel dates when I applied but I do have plans for August and now I'm not sure if I will be able to get my passport by then. Anyone in the same situation or any word of advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Went to pick up my passport on Friday, was a bit chaotic with the Rogers outage but worked out in the end. I wonder if I’ll ever get my original citizen certificate back from Gatineau lol

Happy to finally close this immigration chapter of my life. Good luck everyone still waiting!

deborsi

Feb 14, 2022
Edmonton
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Managed to get a hold of them on the phone. 3 months to the date since my application was delivered, agent mentioned it was still in the "examination" stage and said it's taking anywhere between 9-17 weeks. The waiting goes on...

Timeline:
Application mailed = 12th of April, 2022
Application received= 13th of April, 2022
CC charged = 6th of May, 2022

Andy_ready

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2017
17 weeks. My brain is blown to bits :mad:
Managed to get a hold of them on the phone. 3 months to the date since my application was delivered, agent mentioned it was still in the "examination" stage and said it's taking anywhere between 9-17 weeks. The waiting goes on...

Timeline:
Application mailed = 12th of April, 2022
Application received= 13th of April, 2022
CC charged = 6th of May, 2022

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
Went to pick up my passport on Friday, was a bit chaotic with the Rogers outage but worked out in the end. I wonder if I’ll ever get my original citizen certificate back from Gatineau lol

Happy to finally close this immigration chapter of my life. Good luck everyone still waiting!
what they told about your citizenship certificate? Did you ask them that how and when you will receive it?

TommyJK

Jul 13, 2022
New here, but thought I'd share my status so far. New passport applications, 1 child and 1 adult (son who turned 16)

Timeline:
Application mailed = 21st of May, 2022
Application received= 24th of May, 2022
CC charged = 5th of July, 2022

As I have travel planned in late August (noted on the application forms), and reading the experiences on this board I decided to call the 6868 number to enquire about them.

Called at around 1:00 this afternoon, was 138 ahead of me. Waited about 40 minutes and got through to an agent.

Told him about late August travel and my concerns about many people noting it's taken 15+ weeks (as opposed to the 9 weeks they were quoting online when I applied). He said that initial pickup and entry to the system had happened (and he gave me the file #s for them). I asked about having it transfered to a local passport office. He told me they would only do that if it were within 2 weeks of my travel date, but that he added to my files a note to expedite based on August travel.

So I'm gonna wait another couple of weeks or so, and if I don't see anything by then I'm gonna call back to check status again with my file numbers, and ask them to transfer the file to a local office (I might book something for travel earlier than my actual trip, something I can cancel but will show travel sooner, so I can get it transfered sooner).