+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

ggp25

Feb 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App recived Mars 7 no news still waiting i decide de not call again they the same answers more than 4 months
Yes such waste of time. I have a friend same guarantor as mine, applied on May, got his passport yesterday. So i don’t really know how they process it.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
I am trying to call on 1800-567-6868 since last monday at least 200 times a day but not able to connect. any tips or alternative contact number?
I call 50-100 times every day at various different times. Only ever get the "for general information..." recording. Never get put in a queue. Been trying this for weeks now.

• Sad
Reactions: Hypatia

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Is there an alternative number people sometimes call? I remember seeing there is a credit card number people have had some success calling and considering I just want to speak to someone to find out when im being charged, this might be a good line to call.

Reactions: Hypatia

Hypatia

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
App. Filed.......
15-06-2020
Same here! Just can't get through. No tracking mechanism, nothing! And they have the original certificate!
Just got in touch with my guarantor, who said she's not been contacted yet! have to travel next week! been calling the number but can't get through at all and can't physically line up, as I can't take any time off work!

This is so anxiety inducing. I'm not one of those who waited until now to renew my passport. I am a new citizen who had to wait years for this point in time (and face covid delays worth 1 extra year for my citizen app). Plus they force us to cut our PR card during the ceremony which makes us completely stuck!
I have anxiety and all my family are abroad...and I keep thinking of the worst possible situation where I have to (heaven forbid!) travel for an emergency...and can't come back...

Reactions: BenLinus6

finpudding

Star Member
May 25, 2018
Ok I called 18445339201. Even though there were only 6 people ahead of me, I waited 1.5 hours- the last one hour i was basically listening to “there were no people ahead of you” but nobody picked up the phone.
I applied in person at service Canada in BC on April 29. I was told by the phone that my file is currently under examination. For what? He doesn’t know and just said everything looks fine to him. Passport Canada is literally a joke.

cp115

Mar 8, 2021
Application sent April 2022.
CC charged: May 4th, 2022.
No news since then. How long it roughly takes now after CC is charged?
Did you mention travel plan in your application. My CC charged on 6th June but I have sent application on April 27th.

Apr 4, 2022
Finally received my passport today!
Application Sent: March 29
Application Delivered: March 31
CC Charged: April 26
Passport Received: July 7
Travel date on application was blank

Still waiting for my wife's passport. We sent our applications together on same day.
P.S - Citizenship certificate came in the same envelope.

• Love
Reactions: rome5000

Concordian777

Oct 6, 2013
Did you mention travel plan in your application. My CC charged on 6th June but I have sent application on April 27th.
No, that time when we file it, had no travel plans but now got a ticket and travelling in August. Tried to call but never got through. What are our options now?