+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Mtassadaq

Jun 29, 2022
Hello, I sent my mail passport application and original certificates to Gatineau Office. It was received in 14th April 2022. CC was charged on May 10th. So-called them pathetic service by saying just wait it’s in review. Till now no news and their phones are now dead on voicemail.
In total so far: more than 9 weeks and 51 business days. Passport has not arrived yet.

Reactions: BuzzBuzz

BuzzBuzz

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hello, I sent my mail passport application and original certificates to Gatineau Office. It was received in 14th April 2022. CC was charged on May 10th. So-called them pathetic service by saying just wait it’s in review. Till now no news and their phones are now dead on voicemail.
In total so far: more than 9 weeks and 51 business days. Passport has not arrived yet.
Delivered on April 1st, week #13 for me lol

Mtassadaq

Jun 29, 2022
Family of 4
Mail in to Gatineau,QC
Delivered April 12
CC charged: May 06
Web form enquiry on June 01: No reply
No update yet
Same time frame no reply yet sent on april14. CC was charged on May07, web enquire sent twice no reply. Seems like the mail in application department is in deep sleep.

Mtassadaq

Jun 29, 2022
Hi everyone,
My passport application was received on April 6,2022
Cc charged on May 04,2022
I called at the end of May they said you will get it within 2 weeks.
Called again at the beginning of June they said you will get it within 2 weeks. Called again in the middle of June said you will get it within 2 weeks. Called today and told me the same thing you will get within 2 weeks.
Please advise
Seems like the phone call operator has limited access to the information.

JuliaK

Jun 22, 2022
Not on my end.

While it's great they're doing something about the line-ups and providing services to people who urgently need passports, I hope they also do something to speed up processing times for the mail-in applications.
It seems that mail in renewal applications are being processed much faster than mail in new applications. I applied on April 11. CC charged on May 20 and no updates since then

Sabariraj

Star Member
Jan 26, 2018
I applied in person at Service Canada, Mississauga on April 7th 2022 without any expedited requests as I don't have any travel plans. But, I didn't get back anything yet, it's almost 3 months now. Should I contact them or wait patiently., Please advise.

samteshwar

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
I sent out my son’s passport application by mail to Gatineau on May 29th and was delivered on May 31st. No update as of now. Tried phone calls, but never got connected to any agents.

We are traveling to India in first week of September and for that we need to apply for Indian Visa or OCI for my son.

What I should do now?

Thanks

CC79

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
File Transfer...
19-10-2015 SA Email 30-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2016
LANDED..........
08-06-2016
I would contact your local MP to get them involved just so there is some attention on your passport on their end and to ensure you get that call. My wife submitted my son's passport April 21st at a Service Canada location with our travel date set for June 24. On June 8th we emailed our local MP and signed a consent form to allow them to inquire about the passport application. We called in and requested a transfer to the Mississauga passport office on June 9th in which they told us to expect a call on June 20-21. On June 20th we received the call and they told us to come in the next day at 12:00PM and bring a new application and photos as the one we submitted didn't get scanned prior to the transfer request. Yesterday my wife went in and gave them the new forms and photos with a pick up slip for June 23rd to get the passport 1 day before our flight.

Others that I read about didn't end up receiving a call after their transfer requests and still went into the office 48 hours before their flights in hopes that the passports were ready for them there, which some were. So if you don't get the call, just go in 48 hours before your flight and tell the security that you're there to pick up your passport.
Thanks for the tip.

I just got a call from Passport Office and asked me to come next week to pick up day before my trip. No lines, just go straight to pick up.

mohdsafiuddin

Nov 8, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-2-2014
Doc's Request.
11-09-20116, Sent 11-09-2016
Nomination.....
31-10-2015
AOR Received.
23-3-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with nomination
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
Submitted 13-02-2017 Passed 21-02-2017
I sent out my son’s passport application by mail to Gatineau on May 29th and was delivered on May 31st. No update as of now. Tried phone calls, but never got connected to any agents.

We are traveling to India in first week of September and for that we need to apply for Indian Visa or OCI for my son.

What I should do now?

Thanks
I applied on March 27th and it's still pending.
I called more than 200 times in the past week and finally got connected for the very first time today.
My number in queue at 8:30am (right when the lines open) was 168.
After waiting for about an hour, I got to talk to an agent.
They told me that my passport is still not printed, and that I should reach back in 2 weeks.

They did ask me if I have immediate travel plans, and I don't have any.

I think in your case it's probably better to actually have concrete travel plans, get the file transferred and expedited.

samteshwar

Star Member
Jun 15, 2018
I applied on March 27th and it's still pending.
I called more than 200 times in the past week and finally got connected for the very first time today.
My number in queue at 8:30am (right when the lines open) was 168.
After waiting for about an hour, I got to talk to an agent.
They told me that my passport is still not printed, and that I should reach back in 2 weeks.

They did ask me if I have immediate travel plans, and I don't have any.

I think in your case it's probably better to actually have concrete travel plans, get the file transferred and expedited.
I have asked my MP to contact Passport Canada now. The main reason for my worry is that I have an additional step of getting Indian visa (after getting Canadian passport) so that could long.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
I have asked my MP to contact Passport Canada now. The main reason for my worry is that I have an additional step of getting Indian visa (after getting Canadian passport) so that could long.
i also have a similar story... applied on 30th march in service canada and still nothing.