+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Kashmira89

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
Hello All,

I plan to submit application in person and wish to collect in person too. To collect in person the webpage says i need to pay extra but where in the application form should I mention that I want to collect the passport

BuzzBuzz

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Hi everyone
My passport application was received on April 6, 2022 by mail
Cc charged May 4, 2022
I called and said under review
Still waiting
Any idea
Thanks
When did you call them? Received April 1st, still waiting, week #12 for me

Last edited:

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
congrats to @SIB1031 to got the passport, although he renew his application..... anyone else have the same timeline but apply for child application?

application received May 3 to Quebec
CC Charge June 7 in calgray

Reactions: SIB1031

stella1004

Jun 19, 2022
You can apply to the nearest American consulate for an emergency passport. When we were living in the US (Canadian Citizens with a US visa), we had a situation that two of our children only had landing records for another 3 weeks due to the upcoming passport expiry. We were able to obtain the emergency passports (in Miami, we were living in Orlando) and travel within just a few days to have them re-enter the US and get new landing records.
Thank you for sharing this! That's really helpful. Hope I can get my application back soon and do this way.

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Mailed in on May 15th from US but found my payment charge has been declined by the bank weeks ago
But the office did not return my application
Plan to travel back to Canada on June 30. Not sure what to do :(
If your application is declined and there is no active application with Passport Canada, you can get an emergency passport within 3 working days from the US. Same cost as a regular passport application, apparently. This is what I was told but have not done it. The first step is to call and cancel your existing application. Since yours is declined, I guess step 1 is already done. This is what someone from the NYC Consulate told me.

Please keep us posted if you go down that route.

Reactions: stella1004

a987

Star Member
May 23, 2022
If your application is declined and there is no active application with Passport Canada, you can get an emergency passport within 3 working days from the US. Same cost as a regular passport application, apparently. This is what I was told but have not done it. The first step is to call and cancel your existing application. Since yours is declined, I guess step 1 is already done. This is what someone from the NYC Consulate told me.

call the payment line tell them what happened and give them your infomation they should know

Reactions: stella1004
Jun 17, 2022

Yes, this is exactly how it was for us

scuba ken

Star Member
May 13, 2013
I just received a email from canada post with a tracking number, expected delivery on Thursday this week.
‘unusual to get a email from a government department on a Sunday night ?
don’t care, I will take it lol

LNGHYNH

Jun 13, 2022
Happy to hear it all worked out for you .
I was hoping to hear from the Kitchener office about my transfer already after requesting it yesterday , but nothing yet .
My wife just got the call from the Mississauga office this morning. They told us to come in at 12:00 PM to the Mississauga office with new forms and photos and the passport would be ready for pick up on Thursday.

Reactions: Deedle

yutaeren

Star Member
Apr 1, 2022
My timeline
- Application Sent: May 31, 2022 from Vancouver
- Application Delivered: June 1, 2022 to Gatineau
- No travel dates
- CC Charged: June 17, 2022
Wow! Is it a renewal? That's so fast. I sent my application May 3, credit card was charged today, June 20. We will see how much longer it will take from here.