Med's Done....
26-02-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2018
LANDED..........
05-10-2018
They asked me to call them back in one week. And they have my original certificate.
Did they start processing your file? We have the same timeline.

Rek291983

Jun 16, 2022
I did. No difference in processing time just because it's from the US. Send in mid-May, cc charged the day after receipt, but no movement at all after that.
We sent the application on April 29. Cc charged on may 9. It has been processed.. yesterday when I called they told need to be examined by a passport officer..it will take another 4-5 weeks. we have travel plan for july 20th. Anyone with same timeline from US, please leave your updates

nasif

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-06-2017
Nomination.....
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
16-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-02-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2018
LANDED..........
05-10-2018
No they haven’t. Just got a file number that’s it. Has your CC been charged?
Not yet. Its gonna be a looooong wait!

LoganInTheSpaxe

May 28, 2022
So I applied my passport in person at service Canada before. Can I go to passport office to request for transfer without a brand new application form ? I phoned them once and they said my application is processing and I don’t want to get it transfer thru phones coz it wait for a very long time. Anyone have any idea? Thanks

Jun 17, 2022
Started our process to get first adult passports for two of my children back in early April, by getting an appointment with Service Canada (because I don't want their original docs to leave my hands) in Edmonton. Appointment granted for May 11. Service Canada scans all documents into the system and tells me I will receive them no later than June 15, "probably sooner". Travel date is June 25 so no worries, right? Many worries. No sign of them by June 13 so send status inquiry online. Discover that online inquiry is basically useless. Started calling this morning, only took 20 calls to get in the queue. Just under an hour on hold and then was able to get agent to send in request to transfer file to Edmonton office. Very tight on timelines with only 5 business days until we depart, but I am hopeful, based on all of your stories, that we might still be able to pull this off. Waiting now to get phone calls to be able to get urgent processing.
Not sure how long to wait until we go into the office in person to try to move the process along. A big part of me wants to be there first thing Monday morning, but that is probably too soon. The other part says wait until Wednesday, the last possible day for us to have them process in time to pick up on Friday for departure on Saturday.

Arpana31

Dec 21, 2021
We sent the application on April 29. Cc charged on may 9. It has been processed.. yesterday when I called they told need to be examined by a passport officer..it will take another 4-5 weeks. we have travel plan for july 20th. Anyone with same timeline from US, please leave your updates
I sent from US on 17may received on 18may and cc charged 2days later. File not even In system yet

Darthalpha

Jun 18, 2022
Started our process to get first adult passports for two of my children back in early April, by getting an appointment with Service Canada (because I don't want their original docs to leave my hands) in Edmonton. Appointment granted for May 11. Service Canada scans all documents into the system and tells me I will receive them no later than June 15, "probably sooner". Travel date is June 25 so no worries, right? Many worries. No sign of them by June 13 so send status inquiry online. Discover that online inquiry is basically useless. Started calling this morning, only took 20 calls to get in the queue. Just under an hour on hold and then was able to get agent to send in request to transfer file to Edmonton office. Very tight on timelines with only 5 business days until we depart, but I am hopeful, based on all of your stories, that we might still be able to pull this off. Waiting now to get phone calls to be able to get urgent processing.
Not sure how long to wait until we go into the office in person to try to move the process along. A big part of me wants to be there first thing Monday morning, but that is probably too soon. The other part says wait until Wednesday, the last possible day for us to have them process in time to pick up on Friday for departure on Saturday.
Hmm, we have almost the same timeline. One new adult child and one child application. Wife went to Millbourne Service Canada at end of March (not in the morning) - she was told to ask for an appointment online. Submitted an online request - no response. We discover about a week or two later that they changed it so that you can book an appointment online. Earliest appointment May 12. Submitted applications in person on that date - told latest the passports should arrive is June 16. Nothing yet and based on everyone’s experience we will be calling last week of June for a transfer. We have some more time than you - travel date July 14. Good luck!

In hindsight we probably should have mailed the application at the end of March as it seems people who mailed at that time are starting to get their passports now. But at the time it seemed risky with data points of people waiting more than 3 months and not having their birth certificates to make an emergency application.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing your experiences and tips!

t1908

Jun 6, 2022
Seems like the Kitchener office is doing much better than the Mississauga office. I called June 9th to have my son's application transferred for our travel June 24th and I have yet to receive any call for any additional information or to schedule a pick up. I'm hearing some people who have their applications transferred to Mississauga don't receive a call at all and just show up 48 hours before their travel in hopes that the passport is there.
Similar to the North York office. That's what I did. Read my experience 2 posts below

Last edited:

t1908

Jun 6, 2022
wow, congrats!!! Atleast they called you so quick to confirm the file transfer. I called mine to get it transferred to North York on June 10th, still didn't hear anything from them. My travel date is on June 26th :(
Don't bank on getting "the call" from the North York office. I waited in line Wednesday morning for a transfer (after requesting it over the phone like you) and no one in line with me received a call back either. Read my experience at the North York passport office in the next post

Last edited:

t1908

Jun 6, 2022
Just wanted to share my experience over the last couple of days at the North York, ON passport office as I received my two children's passports yesterday

THE PROCESS

- requested to transfer file last Monday, June 6, 2022. for travel this upcoming weekend. Given the same spiel as everyone, "no guarantees, they'll call you to submit proof of travel, don't be surprised if it's the day or two before your trip etc."
- As of Tuesday night – June 14 still no call so I decided that I wasn't going to wait around and hope they would call so on Wednesday, I went down and lined up at 3:45 am in the morning. I was 5th in line
- I would say the "sweet" spot to arrive at this particularly location is between 4:30 and 5 am. I noticed between 5 and 6 am there was a huge influx of people making their way down and the line started to really grow
- if I had to guess, anyone that arrived after 6:30 / 7 am was taking a chance of not being seen/served that day
- at 7 am the security guard came out and told everyone to pack up their chairs and belongings and head inside up to the third floor (I didn't look behind me so I don' t know how many people in line were ushered into the building)
- once you get up there, as you enter you are asked what you're doing today...
A) starting a new application with proof of travel = pink ticket or
B) which was me, requesting or had already requested a file transfer from an application in progress with proof of travel = yellow ticket or
C) passport pickup
-we were told to go to different lines although throughout my time there people were going to the wrong line - there really should be better signage posted
- after about 90 minutes the doors open. All of a sudden people with these random white tickets were let in front of us by the security guard. Although I can't confirm, I think those were people who may have had scheduled appointments
-after about 8-9 people with "appointments'" went inside to the kiosk area he started letting the transfer people in
-luckily my children's documents, photos, and application were successfully scanned and in the system from when we mailed them in end of April. Murphy's law I guess as I took everyone's suggestion and Tuesday night I paid for new passport photos, filled in a fresh copy of the application just in case, but they weren't needed
-to that point a lady in the kiosk next to me appeared to have everything fine with her scanned docs, except for the photos so I'm not sure what she did. If it was for her she probably just went down to the Passport Photo Centre on the main floor of the building
-had to provide my ID, proof of travel etc.
-passport agent was super friendly and nice, didn't charge me the $20 as he said my application was sent long enough in advance that it should have been done by now (again, mailed in end of April)
-was done and walking back to my car at 9:15 am
-as I exited a security guard was telling people just arriving that they were at capacity and to arrive before 7 am on another day.

PASSPORT PICKUP

-Passports were ready yesterday after 1 pm for pickup WHICH WAS A DISASTER. Probably waited close to 2 hours in pickup line. There are just too many people vs. staff working at this location. There were people who were told to come to pick it up the same day and when they reached the front of the kiosk found out that their passports weren’t ready yet and had to wait at the back of the room. Every once and a while you’d hear an agent yealling a last name and 1 of those people would frantically go to the front…what a mess.
-luckily my kids' passport were both ready

FINAL TIPS

- so my advice is this. Don't bank on getting "the call" from the receiving office. They're just too busy - especially offices like North York and Mississauga (sorry, I live in the GTA). If you don’t receive the call 2-3 business days before you need the passport, don’t bother waiting for it, and head down to that specific passport office
- bite the bullet and go super early in the morning. The hours you "lose" by waking up early, you'll save not having to wait all day in line. I can't say for sure, but if you were in the back of the line, you could likely be expected to be there until closing and I would say anyone after 6:30 - 7 am would be considered back of the line. Also, going early and being near the front of the line potentially allows you to go to work since you can finish relatively early since the process is quite quick once you actually reach an agent
-no advice on the pickup process as it was a disaster. I really thought I’d be in and out within 30 minutes. Glad I have the Green P parking app to update the meter or else I would have gotten a parking ticket for sure

Good luck to everyone on their passport journey. I know that I am thankful that I came across this forum and reading everyone's stories, tips, and experiences was really, really helpful

Last edited:
Reactions: ms453 and Deedle

Deedle

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Just wanted to share my experience over the last couple of days at the North York, ON passport office as I received my two children's passports yesterday

THE PROCESS

- requested to transfer file last Monday, June 6, 2022. for travel this upcoming weekend. Given the same spiel as everyone," no guarantees, they'll call you to submit proof of travel, don't be surprised if it's the day or two before your trip etc."
- As of Tuesday night – June 14 I decided that I wasn't going to wait around so on Wednesday, I went down and line up at 3:45 am in the morning. I was 5th in line
- I would say the "sweet" spot to arrive at this particularly location is between 4:30 and 5 am. I noticed between 5 and 6 am there was a huge influx of people making their way down and the line started to really grow
- if I had to guess, anyone that arrived after 6:30 / 7 am was taking a chance of not being seen/served that day
- at 7 am the security guard came out and told everyone to pack up their chairs and belongings and head inside up to the third floor (I didn't look behind me so I don' t know how many people in line were ushered into the building)
- once you get up there, as you enter you are asked what you're doing today...
A) starting a new application with proof of travel = pink ticket or
B) which was me, requesting or had already requested a file transfer from an application in progress with proof of travel = yellow ticket or
C) passport pickup
-we were told to go to different lines although throughout my time there people were going to the wrong line - there really should be better signage posted
- after about 90 minutes the doors open. All of a sudden people with these random white tickets were let in front of us by the security guard. Although I can't confirm, I think those were people who may have had scheduled appointments
-after about 8-9 people with "appointments'" went inside to the kiosk area he started letting the transfer people in
-luckily my children's documents, photos, and application were successfully scanned and in the system from when we mailed them in end of April. Murphy's law I guess as I took everyone's suggestion and Tuesday night I paid for new passport photos, filled in a fresh copy of the application just in case, but they weren't needed
-to that point a lady in the kiosk next to me appeared to have everything fine with her scanned docs, except for the photos so I'm not sure what she did. If it was for her she probably just went down to the Passport Photo Centre on the main floor of the building
-had to provide my ID, proof of travel etc.
-passport agent was super friendly and nice, didn't charge me the $20 as he said my application was sent long enough in advance that it should have been done by now (again, mailed in end of April)
-was done and walking back to my car at 9:15 am
-as I exited a security guard was telling people just arriving that they were at capacity and to arrive before 7 am on another day.

PASSPORT PICKUP

-Passports were ready yesterday after 1 pm for pickup WHICH WAS A DISASTER. Probably waited close to 2 hours in pickup line. There are just too many people vs. staff working at this location. There were people who were told to come to pick it up the same day and when they reached the front of the kiosk found out that their passports weren’t ready yet and had to wait at the back of the room. Every once and a while you’d hear an agent yealling a last name and 1 of those people would frantically go to the front…what a mess.
-luckily my kids' passport were both ready

FINAL TIPS

- so my advice is this. Don't bank on getting "the call" from the receiving office. They're just too busy - especially offices like North York and Mississauga (sorry, I live in the GTA). If you don’t receive the call 2-3 business days before you need the passport, don’t bother waiting for it, and head down to that specific passport office
- bite the bullet and go super early in the morning. The hours you "lose" by waking up early, you'll save not having to wait all day in line. I can't say for sure, but if you were in the back of the line, you could likely be expected to be there until closing and I would say anyone after 6:30 - 7 am would be considered back of the line. Also, going early and being near the front of the line potentially allows you to go to work since you can finish relatively early since the process is quite quick once you actually reach an agent
-no advice on the pickup process as it was a disaster. I really thought I’d be in and out within 30 minutes. Glad I have the Green P parking app to update the meter or else I would have gotten a parking ticket for sure

Good luck to everyone on their passport journey. I know that I am thankful that I came across this forum and reading everyone's stories, tips, and experiences was really, really helpful
Thank you for the detail!! I will be calling for a transfer next week (10 business days before travel), is it worth skipping the phones and just heading to the passport centre? Or do they only transfer you when you have 2 days to go?