+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

pratik2525pratik25

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
You ask (file number) from the agent , what they're doing is just putting basic information in the system and not scanning the documents, what they should do is to scan them as well while putting our information in the system.

When agent tells you the file number, don't forget to ask if he/she can see the documents, if they can see, you're good for local office transfer

Hey, Just wanted to convey my Thanks to you for sharing your experience with such details. Appreciated.

Reactions: Adil Sulehri

zhuyun104104

Dec 15, 2021
I got one of my child‘s passport just right now!By Canada post express and his birth certificate and old passport is in the same envelope
Just update again:
Sent:Mar 18 (4 applications in total)
Received: Mar 21
CC charged: 2 adults April 13, 1 child April 14, 1 child May 5
Passport received:
My younger son’s renewal passport May 30, my older son’s first passport is received today June 6, 2 parents’ are still waiting, but I can see hope there!

Arpana31

Dec 21, 2021
Of course. I told the DC embassy that I had an immediate need for the passport (my driver’s license was about to expire, and I could not renew it without my passport). My case was forwarded to the closest consulate, which for me was in Detroit. A consular officer called me and asked for some information before reaching out to Passport Canada, who printed off and mailed my passport soon after.

Canadian embassies and consulates are flooded with passport inquiries, so unless you can demonstrate an immediate need for the passport (a travel date works too), I would suggest being patient and waiting for the passport to arrive. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the details.
I will reach out to them closer to my travel date

Arpana31

Dec 21, 2021
I finally got hold of someone on the call
Agent told me charge on the cc is first step when we open your file.
Doesn't mean your file is in system and we have started processing it

Reactions: Immigreat81
Apr 4, 2022
Do anyone's guarantor and reference received any confirmation/validation calls? I sent my app on Mar 29, cc charged on 26th Apr, no update yet.

t1908

Jun 6, 2022
Hi everyone, I was able to get through the phone line today and transfer an in-progress application to the North York, Ontario location. Travel date is June 19, 2022. Lady on the phone said it should be ready for Friday, June 17, but no guarantees. She confirmed that all the documents and photos have been scanned. She was unclear about the process and timeline, but here is what I gathered. It was confusing tbh.

1) Someone from the North York office will call and request me to send them my proof of travel - not sure if she said fax or email
2) Someone from the North York office will call again and ask for my credit card info to charge me for the additional Urgent or Express pick-up fee
3) In the same call they will tell me the date and time the passport will be ready

She mentioned that it is possible that no one will call me and that the file transfer may not be accepted. She also mentioned not to bother to visit the office in person if I don't get a phone call. Does that all sound correct? What if I miss their calls while I am at work? Can you call them back or do they call from a Blocked number? I am really getting anxious here. I thought the the file transfer was a more of a sure thing, but it sounds like it's also a crap-shoot

Last edited:

Schmeeberry

Jun 5, 2022
Hi everyone, I was able to get through the phone line today and transfer an in-progress application to the North York, Ontario location. Travel date is June 19, 2022. Lady on the phone said it should be ready for Friday, June 17, but no guarantees. She confirmed that all the documents and photos have been scanned. She was unclear about the process and timeline, but here is what I gathered. It was confusing tbh.

1) Someone from the North York office will call and request me to send them my proof of travel - not sure if she said fax or email
2) Someone from the North York office will call again and ask for my credit card info to charge me for the additional Urgent or Express pick-up fee
3) In the same call they will tell me the date and time the passport will be ready

She mentioned that it is possible that no one will call me and that the file transfer may not be accepted. She also mentioned not to bother to visit the office in person if I don't get a phone call. Does that all sound correct? What if I miss their calls while I am at work? Can you call them back or do they call from a Blocked number? I am really getting anxious here. I thought the the file transfer was a more of a sure thing, but it sounds like it's also a crap-shoot
I just can’t believe what a mess it is. Please keep us posted on how it goes, best of luck

John1234567890

Feb 1, 2021
Hi everyone.

Can anyone answer the following questions?

1. Passport office is requesting proof of travel in order to process your passport application.

I think passport office will not process your passport application if you do not provide them proof of travel.

How can I provide proof of travel if I do not have a passport?

How can I book an airplane ticket without a passport?

Is it possible to book an airplane ticket without passport?

2. What is the normal processing time for passport application? If I do not have proof of travel.

3. My passport application was received on April 5,2022. And cc charged on May 5,2022.

Called today under review.

Last edited: