+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Hello everyone..

I just completed my Oath on Friday and plan to send my passport application as soon as I receive my citizenship certificate. Just wanted to confirm that we have to send the original citizenship certificate with the application ?? or a notarized copy can be sent ?
Yep, original only.

Reactions: aeropostale

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Hi, I applied in person for my sons’s passport on April 7th at the service Canada office (Richmond hill, ON) .. today was supposed to be my expected mail out date but when I finally got through to a passport office agent, she said they haven’t even Started processing my file yet. She told me to call next week to request a transfer to my local passport office and we need to travel on May 27th. I am worried that I won’t be able to talk to an agent next time I call, because it took me over 40 attempts (over a span of 3 days) to reach an agent today. Any advise on how I can speed up this process? Also anyone have any idea what date applications they are processing now.
Unfortunately you just need to dedicate a block of time to keep trying to call them. As soon as you hear the recorded message about how to apply for a passport, just hang up and try again until you get the message saying “if you are applying within Canada press 1”, etc. Took 190 odd attempts for me a couple of weeks ago.
My application was delivered Feb 25th and I just picked my passport up from the Post Office today. My credit card was charged pretty late by comparison to others (April 30th).

Reactions: BuzzBuzz

jonesyp

Sep 9, 2007
18334071031. It was less than 5 minutes. You need a file number for them to verify though.
So i Called the number above, the lady was very nice, it took 2 hours to get through however she did mention that the number is only for payment issues and Ministers and asked where i got the number from.

She did let me know that one of our passport photos is not suitable and we would need to resend the photo. She also mentioned that they were scheduled to be printed on the 22nd but havent been. We had submitted 2 applications.

Our timeline is as follows:

App received: 23 March
CC charged: 19 April
Called 9th May - Still in progress.

She also mentioned that if they havent processed within 10 days of travel to call the 1-800 number as they will possibly move the application closer.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Hi, I applied in person for my sons’s passport on April 7th at the service Canada office (Richmond hill, ON) .. today was supposed to be my expected mail out date but when I finally got through to a passport office agent, she said they haven’t even Started processing my file yet. She told me to call next week to request a transfer to my local passport office and we need to travel on May 27th. I am worried that I won’t be able to talk to an agent next time I call, because it took me over 40 attempts (over a span of 3 days) to reach an agent today. Any advise on how I can speed up this process? Also anyone have any idea what date applications they are processing now.
Unless you have a travel lined up in next 10 days its difficult to process the application

• Wow
Reactions: Edifytech

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Unfortunately you just need to dedicate a block of time to keep trying to call them. As soon as you hear the recorded message about how to apply for a passport, just hang up and try again until you get the message saying “if you are applying within Canada press 1”, etc. Took 190 odd attempts for me a couple of weeks ago.
My application was delivered Feb 25th and I just picked my passport up from the Post Office today. My credit card was charged pretty late by comparison to others (April 30th).
Thank you for responding. Though the agent told me to call next week, when I calculate the business days, I will be within the 10 business days for travel this Thursday (because of Victoria Day holiday).. I will dedicate a block of time to just keep calling them till I get through and try to make them transfer the file to my local PO.. glad that you finally received your passport in hand! Congrats!

Reactions: Corgi

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Unless you have a travel lined up in next 10 days its difficult to process the application
Thank you. Yes, I have travel confirmation for the 27th of May, so this Thursday I will be within that 10 day timeframe (Because of the Victoria Day holiday).. crossing my fingers I can reach an agent on Thursday to request the transfer!

Reactions: Edifytech

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
Hi I have a question I want to send my copy of driver lisence signed by my guarantor he was out of country via fax can I do that just during the business hours or any time? Thx

Kumar90

Apr 30, 2020
Hi members,
I requested for file transfer to local passport office in April as my travel date was nearing. I picked up my passport on 19 April at Winnipeg passport office where as my "original citizenship certificate" I sent to Quebec passport office I haven't received. Do u guys have any idea how or when they will return the citizenship certificate for those applicants who requested for file transfer? Thank you

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
18334071031. It was less than 5 minutes. You need a file number for them to verify though.
This number is only for payment related information. Whether payment has been taken or missing. They can see the status but don’t disclose. You get to talk to them within an hour but only payment information is given. They asked 5-6 times who gave you this number call at other number.
Though She told me that payment status is good and documents aren’t uploaded in the system yet, I should call other number. They’re backed up and I should expect passport next month. File submitted in person at Service Canada Toronto on March17.

ggp25

Feb 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
This number is only for payment related information. Whether payment has been taken or missing. They can see the status but don’t disclose. You get to talk to them within an hour but only payment information is given. They asked 5-6 times who gave you this number call at other number.
Though She told me that payment status is good and documents aren’t uploaded in the system yet, I should call other number. They’re backed up and I should expect passport next month. File submitted in person at Service Canada Toronto on March17.
Yes, only payment related information. This comment of mine is related to my original post.

monaliza_332

Aug 12, 2021
does anyone know if they actually call the guarantor? it has been 2 months since we applied and the card only got charged 3 weeks ago but haven't received any calls and neither has the guarantor.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
does anyone know if they actually call the guarantor? it has been 2 months since we applied and the card only got charged 3 weeks ago but haven't received any calls and neither has the guarantor.
Its just random. my feeling is only 10 or 20 percent guarantor's get called.