+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Jhuynh

Apr 28, 2022
Can I walk into a service canada and ask for a transfer since my trip is in less then 25 business days even though I sent my application by mail?
I believe so, or you can power call the 1800 number till you get an agent and have it transfered. The fee is $45.

Jhuynh

Apr 28, 2022
Update: Since I could no longer bare the stress of Passport Canada giving false hope and the stress of not knowing if they will call or not. I decided to do the weekend service, I have the appointment tomorrow morning were they will print me one out in person. To be honest this all feels like a huge money grab to me.

$335 + $45 transfer fee plus your passport cost ($120 for 5 years and $160 for 10)

t_Addy.

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
I am writing passport application, but I haven't received my certificate.
My question is:
Is the certificate number same as UCI number, and the date of issue same as the day of oath ceremony?
Thanks.
No, the certificate number can only be found on your certificate. You can’t complete that portion of the application till you get your certificate. The issue date is the same day as your ceremony.

Reactions: Steve_Can

Esi1979

Feb 12, 2022
Hi!
I hope everyone is doing fine.
One thing I wanted to ask! After attending oath ceremony and receiving my citizenship, I can sill login to IRCC and see my application. It is completed but I can still login. Is it supposed to be like this?

Guest12345

Apr 19, 2022
Update: Since I could no longer bare the stress of Passport Canada giving false hope and the stress of not knowing if they will call or not. I decided to do the weekend service, I have the appointment tomorrow morning were they will print me one out in person. To be honest this all feels like a huge money grab to me.

$335 + $45 transfer fee plus your passport cost ($120 for 5 years and $160 for 10)
Wow, definitely an expensive passport, but the peace of mind is worth it I guess. Such a money grab.

I'm a couple weeks behind you, but might try the weekend service too. It's a rip off but this stress is killing me. How did you request it? And are you able to do it any time in the 10 days before your trip, rather than waiting until 24-48 hours before?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Reactions: Celina1996

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Exactly, this is what is happening.

Application sent on Jan 29
CC charged on Feb 16
Status request on Feb 28
Status requested on Mar 25, received on Apr 15, File is in examination
OMG, this looks quite scary. Someone was telling people get the PP 2 weeks after CC being charged, then it became 35 business days and now this looks like a 6 months wait:(

Reactions: CitizenSoon

Celina1996

Apr 27, 2022
Wow, definitely an expensive passport, but the peace of mind is worth it I guess. Such a money grab.

I'm a couple weeks behind you, but might try the weekend service too. It's a rip off but this stress is killing me. How did you request it? And are you able to do it any time in the 10 days before your trip, rather than waiting until 24-48 hours before?

I’m definitely curious about this too my trip is on the 22nd and I was wondering if I can just do this as well to be safe

Reactions: Guest12345

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
One update request I raised after 2 weeks of submission, and then called after 6 weeks. Both updates said my file was in examination.
how long did it took them to reply for your update request, i have sent 2 requests already and haven't received any reply yet

Jhuynh

Apr 28, 2022

Final update: Got my passport after paying luxury tax to the government. To be honest it was bittersweet and I felt like I got extorted LOL. Money does talk because the service they gave me was A+ and i had passport in hand within 30 mins. It felt way too easy yet for a month I have been calling in everyday, waited in line to speak to an agent and all that I was told is to wait... Doing it that way you have no control of the outcomes which doesn't work with my personality.

So the weekend service you gotta call at 5:05pm PST on Friday. That's what the instructions were however it did not actually work till 8am Saturday. (I woke up at 6am to power call the number.) finally it worked and you go through a sequence and you are able to leave a voicemail with your details. Or leave a callback number if the voicemail is full and you get a callback within 1 hour. The service is 100% guaranteed if you have the proper documents. I don't leave till the 9th to Mexico. However I have an emergency trip to go to the states tomorrow and that's how I got it fast tracked. The weekend service is only if you have to travel on the weekend or 24/48 hours time.

They need proof of travel and a credit card to pay for the $380. MY TIP is to ask them if they have your passport renewal file on their system because mine was "blank" after the transfer request. so I had to fill out another simplified passport renewal form, and take new passport photos. Had I not asked her that yesterday she would have not looked at my file and not tell me to do these things. So make sure you fact check the agent the best to your ability.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Jhuynh

Apr 28, 2022
I’m definitely curious about this too my trip is on the 22nd and I was wondering if I can just do this as well to be safe
From my experience researching this entire nightmare. If you want a guaranteed passport you need to line up at the main passport office that issues passport. What they can do at the very least is issue you a 2 year(money grab) passport 24 hours before you travel. The person in front of me we made friends and she updated me that's what happened with her. For me they just said I need to wait till the 6th.

And ya just to be safe the weekend passport is 100% if you are willing to pay the $380 weekend fee + $160 passport fee. And be ready to powercall and not give up at 5:05pm Friday Pacific time.

nawalasansol

May 29, 2017
I finally received my passport on April 28th, 2022.

My time lines are as follows:
applied at Service Canada Niagara Falls on March 22, 2022.
16th April: Requested to be transferred to the Niagara Falls local office due to a Nexus interview.
18th April: went to the passport office in St. Catherine for an update. They grabbed my credit card information, proof of travel documents, and told me to wait for call back.

23rd April: I went back, but there was no update since they couldn't find any of my application data in the system.
27th April: I returned, and they requested that I file a new application.
On the same day, I applied for a fresh application. They charged me an extra $20 for pickup.
I got my passport on the 28th.

Reactions: Radium

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Final update: Got my passport after paying luxury tax to the government.
Doing it that way you have no control of the outcomes which doesn't work with my personality.
Sounds like it's mostly a 'personality tax.'

Hope I don't ever have to pay that, I expect it would be very costly indeed.

Reactions: eld0rad0