Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
Already on the news that applicants lined up overnight at Passport Office in Vancouver just to get appointments. Hopefully this will make IRCC speed up their passport issuance.

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
How long did it take for you to get your certificate back from when you requested it? When I called them on Friday they said they would return mine to me (I didn’t ask for it).
Hopefully that means that I am close (even though not charged yet); the person on the phone seemed confident I would have my passport before my travel date (May 22), but I have a reminder in my phone to call them to expedite 10 business days out.
They sent mine the next day. I called the day after and received the tracking number. Took around 4 days to get it delivered.

Reactions: Corgi

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Already on the news that applicants lined up overnight at Passport Office in Vancouver just to get appointments. Hopefully this will make IRCC speed up their passport issuance.
There is a breakdown in the whole governmental system during the pandemic. No agency can be reached in less than 3-4 hours, and some even cannot be reached at all.

utopir

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Has anyone in Calgary applied for urgent passport? The website says appointment required, but the earliest appointment is now for June. Is walk-in service available in Calgary?
Yes the website states they are open for walk-ins. Unfortunately, I applied by mail at the end of March and my card still has to be charged. I'm flying on May 30. Had I known, I would have applied in person.

Reactions: abc012

utopir

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
I'm starting to worry a bit. I am flying on May 30 and applied for passports (mine and my son's) on March 31 (applications delivered on that day). My credit card has not been charged and we are about a month away from my departure. I put my travel dates on the application. Will that truly expedite the process or should I call them to speed things up?

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I'm starting to worry a bit. I am flying on May 30 and applied for passports (mine and my son's) on March 31 (applications delivered on that day). My credit card has not been charged and we are about a month away from my departure. I put my travel dates on the application. Will that truly expedite the process or should I call them to speed things up?
You have a chance to get it a week before your flight. It takes these days 7 weeks to approve mail-in applications. If you don't get it a week before your flight, then you will need to arrange your file to be transferred to a local office and request express processing.

utopir

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
You have a chance to get it a week before your flight. It takes these days 7 weeks to approve mail-in applications. If you don't get it a week before your flight, then you will need to arrange your file to be transferred to a local office and request express processing.
Yikes, 7 weeks?! That does not reassure me at all. I'm going to give them a call next week once we are past the 25 business days.

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Yikes, 7 weeks?! That does not reassure me at all. I'm going to give them a call next week once we are past the 25 business days.
I’m going to call 10 business days before my travel date and get them to transfer my file to the local office. This is probably going to be your best course of action if you haven’t had any movement by then.

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Yes the website states they are open for walk-ins. Unfortunately, I applied by mail at the end of March and my card still has to be charged. I'm flying on May 30. Had I known, I would have applied in person.
Assuming your mentioned your travel date in your application and no issues, I can be sure you will get your passport without any problem before May 30th. I would highly recommend you call them now and then (at least twice a week) to confirm the status and no errors in your application until it is approved and sent for production.

Good luck!

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
I filed today at Service Canada office in Calgary. They will forward the application to Mississauga.
On return receipt, the Excepted mail out date is May 24th and the agent said i should receive my passport by May 31st or by first week of June.

Mayakar

Apr 25, 2022
Mailed in my application from BC to Gatineau
Application delivered: March 9th
CC charged: March 31st
Status request sent: April 3rd(no answer)
Status request sent: April 18th (no answer)

Travel date: May 14th

Good luck everyone!

Katiemcg26

Apr 25, 2022
Initially mailed in passport application on February 20th and wasn’t in too much of a rush to get it back since my travel date was set for May 18th. Got a rejection notice in the mail due to some missing information and on that it said the application was reviewed on March 28th. Resent the application via mail because it wasn’t within the 25 business days before my travel date.
Application was delivered April 12th
Still no credit card charge and I called today to ask for an update and they said there is no open case as of yet.
They said to call back on May 4th and request a transfer because that will be 10 days before travel. Still worried that won’t be enough time!!
Supposed to fly out on May 18th but really getting anxious about receiving my passport in time.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

utopir

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Assuming your mentioned your travel date in your application and no issues, I can be sure you will get your passport without any problem before May 30th. I would highly recommend you call them now and then (at least twice a week) to confirm the status and no errors in your application until it is approved and sent for production.

Good luck!
I did mention my travel date so fingers crossed! I'll give them a call tomorrow fr sure. I will hopefully be able to get hold of them.

Reactions: PumpkinJack