+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

js_toronto

Aug 20, 2021
Mail-In application: March 12
App Delivered: March 15

Status Request Reply received on Apr 4 : under examination
CC charged Apr 6

Called today, there were 624 people ahead of me, after 3 and half hours I was told the current processing time is minimum 35 business days and the officials are still validating the documents and its under examination.

Don't know how long will have to wait. Earlier, the citizenship process took so long and now this Passport. Hope to get the passport before my planned travel dates. *fingers crossed* :confused:

Eyeball_kid

Apr 20, 2022
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone here has experience applying for passport renewal from abroad (in my case the UK.)
My application was delivered to the London Consulate on March 31st.
I have an emergency situation which I need to travel for next week, just want to check what's others experience with processing times.
Thanks!

ethan86

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
Finally, we have received our passports.

Submitted: Feb 28, 2022
CC charged: Mar 25, 2022
Passports mailed out: Apr 13, 2022
Passports received: Apr 19, 2022 (Citizenship certificate was mailed out together with passport in one envelope)

Good luck to those are waiting!
You don't need citizenship certificate to apply the passport?

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
if possible try to get it local office after showing travel proof. i have a feeling as summer gets closer there will be more and more emergency requests as people start traveling
That would be my last resort. I’m hesitant and no willing to pay the extra charges for file transfer and expedite passport request after waiting for over a month. They told me yesterday that my passport application is approved and in production, there is no definite timeline on how long it would take though at this stage though.

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Mail-In application: March 12
App Delivered: March 15

Status Request Reply received on Apr 4 : under examination
CC charged Apr 6

Called today, there were 624 people ahead of me, after 3 and half hours I was told the current processing time is minimum 35 business days and the officials are still validating the documents and its under examination.

Don't know how long will have to wait. Earlier, the citizenship process took so long and now this Passport. Hope to get the passport before my planned travel dates. *fingers crossed* :confused:
I believe you will get your passport by the 2nd week of May.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
That would be my last resort. I’m hesitant and no willing to pay the extra charges for file transfer and expedite passport request after waiting for over a month. They told me yesterday that my passport application is approved and in production, there is no definite timeline on how long it would take though at this stage though.
if its approved and being printed, i think you should get it within a week or so maximum. at this stage there is no point in moving to regional office

Reactions: PumpkinJack

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
I sent application on March 4,2022
They received on March 08,2022
On 2022-03-35 i received reply for status inquiry that

We have received your passport application. File is under examination

What examination that could be, regular or something serious like extra examination?
They haven't charged my CC

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015

What examination that could be, regular or something serious like extra examination?
‘File under examination’ is regular and all our files go through that. But yeah I’ve heard they are doing some validation with IRCC on your passport entitlement behind the screen in some cases which you will never know.

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
‘File under examination’ is regular and all our files go through that. But yeah I’ve heard they are doing some validation with IRCC on your passport entitlement behind the screen in some cases which you will never know.
I already had a passport, which i sent with application. I sent name change, all ids, application form and everything

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada

Finally charged my card today
Charged by SC Passport Surrey Surrey BC
Don't know why Surrey, i am in Ontario, application submitted to Gatineau

Ahmed#123

Apr 20, 2022
I sent application on March 08.
CC charged on April 01
Fill the form on the website after 20 business days i.e. April 10 but no reply against that.
No calls to guarantor or reference
Desperately needs to see my parents, it’s 5 years.
Any expert reviews or opinions on my timeline.