+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

rakitic

Nov 19, 2016
Mailed in: early march
Received: 7th March
CC Charge: 18th April

I was due to travel on the 7th April and I've already had to cancel my plans once. I'm absolutely desperate to get out and see my family after three years and now I'm just left in a state of limbo. I've visited the Vancouver Passport Office and put in a request to have the file transferred two days before I was due to travel. The application is still being processed in North York as of this week. It's obvious that they're now in a state of damage limitation and prioritising people traveling in the next few days, which evidently means I've been sent to the back of the queue. Thousands of dollars wasted on this vacation and I continue to be ignored. The incompetence is staggering.

God knows when I'll receive it - probably weeks or months at this rate. It's so unfair. Any ideas or suggestions? I've already contacted several media outlets today.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
So we went to service canada first week of March and applied in person (normal processing), still nothing. I would have thought it will be faster since we applied at service canada and paid there. Anyone knows time estimates? I am starting to get worried and I can not reach them via phone. When shall I escalate to my MP? We now have to go to UK in June due to medical emergency ( we did not know that at the time when we applied, this is something happened recently), although we have not booked yet. So I am not sure how to fast track, do I need to book the tickets then go to service canada again? What will they do since my application has already been sent?
1.first call the passport canada number and ask them status of the application
I applied for passport by mail on feb 28. and now they will transfer the file to my local passport office for urgent processing as per my request. Do i need to re start the application? I mean take picture again, fill out the form, etc? or just go with proof of travel thats it? i am waiting for my local passport office to call me first, then i will go for pick up.
Your local office will call you (mostly next day of your request) and demand proof of travel and credit card for any transfer fee etc. they will guide you on further instructions. no new forms need to be produced

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Mailed in: early march
Received: 7th March
CC Charge: 18th April

I was due to travel on the 7th April and I've already had to cancel my plans once. I'm absolutely desperate to get out and see my family after three years and now I'm just left in a state of limbo. I've visited the Vancouver Passport Office and put in a request to have the file transferred two days before I was due to travel. The application is still being processed in North York as of this week. It's obvious that they're now in a state of damage limitation and prioritising people traveling in the next few days, which evidently means I've been sent to the back of the queue. Thousands of dollars wasted on this vacation and I continue to be ignored. The incompetence is staggering.

God knows when I'll receive it - probably weeks or months at this rate. It's so unfair. Any ideas or suggestions? I've already contacted several media outlets today.
what is your travel date?
is there a north york in vancouver?

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
did you ask for an ETA on the applications?. do you have travel plans?
Yeah the if the ETAs they give are true, I would’ve gotten my passport 10 days ago.

I do have travel plans for May. I followed the instructions and didn’t book tickets before getting passport believing the posted 20 business day would take up to 25 business days and then I can book tickets after applying for visa. But it is taking way more days and weeks than what’s expected so my plans are screwed.

Last edited:
Reactions: delray55

nawalasansol

May 29, 2017
I applied in person at Service Canada in Niagara Falls on March 22nd. The date of travel is April 29th, 2022. I called the call center on April 15th and requested a transfer to the passport office near Niagara Falls. Today, I went with all of the documents to the passport office, and there was a big queue at about 9 a.m. (almost 100 people).
I chatted with the security guard, and he permitted me to enter. I explained the circumstances, showed my travel interview letter from the USA and tried to convince her to get the passport asap, but the representative stated that she could only accept my application but could not ensure that the passport would be delivered by April 29th as there were thousands of applications for the express process. I tried to give it a shot as there was no option available.
She asked me to fill out a form where they were going to charge 95 CAD for an express passport. Now another wait game starts.

I just hope they do their best to get my passport to me before the 29th of April.

Has anyone recently applied for a passport at St. Catherine's Passport Office?

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
I applied in person at Service Canada in Niagara Falls on March 22nd. The date of travel is April 29th, 2022. I called the call center on April 15th and requested a transfer to the passport office near Niagara Falls. Today, I went with all of the documents to the passport office, and there was a big queue at about 9 a.m. (almost 100 people).
I chatted with the security guard, and he permitted me to enter. I explained the circumstances, showed my travel interview letter from the USA and tried to convince her to get the passport asap, but the representative stated that she could only accept my application but could not ensure that the passport would be delivered by April 29th as there were thousands of applications for the express process. I tried to give it a shot as there was no option available.
She asked me to fill out a form where they were going to charge 95 CAD for an express passport. Now another wait game starts.

I just hope they do their best to get my passport to me before the 29th of April.

You will get your passport. Keep chasing them. I’m confident as we there more than a week for April 29th

MohammadArshad

Oct 15, 2018

please keep me informed, i am same situation like you and same travel date. I have not yet gone to my local passport office yet. but i called 1800# today for urgent process request. i applied first by in mail on feb 28. Good luck for everything.

Reactions: nawalasansol

nawalasansol

May 29, 2017
please keep me informed, i am same situation like you and same travel date. I have not yet gone to my local passport office yet. but i called 1800# today for urgent process request. i applied first by in mail on feb 28. Good luck for everything.
I am thinking of visiting one more time on Friday.

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Yeah the if the ETAs they give are true, I would’ve gotten my passport 10 days ago.

I do have travel plans for May. I followed the instructions and didn’t book tickets before getting passport believing the posted 20 business day would take up to 25 business days and then I can book tickets after applying for visa. But it is taking way more days and weeks than what’s expected so my plans are screwed.
if possible try to get it local office after showing travel proof. i have a feeling as summer gets closer there will be more and more emergency requests as people start traveling

Reactions: PumpkinJack

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I couriered on March 21 and on April 18th my credit card was charged. Any guess when i can get my passport? Is there a way i can track the postal?

Reactions: Edifytech