+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
hi All,

finally I see that my CC has got charged today, I applied on Mar 10th. What do you think? will you i get the passport next week ?

kapil_takeit_easy

Jul 15, 2016
Just like for folks living in Canada they can transfer the file to local office,is there a similar process for applications mailed from USA ? Anyone tried anything ? It has been about 4 weeks (20 days) since the application reached and credit card charged but don't know what is happening inside the dark hole :(.. how to get a rush on my application ? Can Canadian embassies (in USA) help ?

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Just like for folks living in Canada they can transfer the file to local office,is there a similar process for applications mailed from USA ? Anyone tried anything ? It has been about 4 weeks (20 days) since the application reached and credit card charged but don't know what is happening inside the dark hole :(.. how to get a rush on my application ? Can Canadian embassies (in USA) help ?
Try calling your nearest embassy. if you have travel plans it will help expedite the process.
i know embassies in US have urgent processing. may be if you can pay extra money and opt for urgent processing if you can

https://www.international.gc.ca/country-pays/us-eu/washington-info.aspx?lang=eng#PS
f you need a passport urgently contact the Canadian Citizen Services Contact Centre for Canadians in the U.S. at 844-880-6519. Please be advised that additional fees apply for urgent services

kd216

Sep 24, 2020
Called them today at 7.30am EST and waited nearly 4 hours

Passport application has been approved and awaiting printing out as of April 19th

Timeline:
App sent Feb 21
Received Feb 24
CC charged April 12th
Certificated received April 13th
From BC sent to Mississauga office

Reactions: Klamm and Esi1979

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Called them today at 7.30am EST and waited nearly 4 hours

Passport application has been approved and awaiting printing out as of April 19th

Timeline:
App sent Feb 21
Received Feb 24
CC charged April 12th
Certificated received April 13th
From BC sent to Mississauga office
Our cards were also charged this morning.
BC Applicants sent on Feb 28 received on Mar 2.
Two applicants' original documents returned the week of Apr 11
CC charged for everyone Apr 19
Passports for everyone and original documents for one applicant yet to be received

Reactions: kd216

Guest12345

Apr 19, 2022
For anyone that has applied for an urgent (48 hour) passport, how do you apply without your citizenship certificate (if it's still either in the passport office mailing room waiting for processing, or midway through processing)? No one is mentioning being turned away for an urgent passport due to not having a citizenship certificate but this is really worrying me. TIA!

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
For anyone that has applied for an urgent (48 hour) passport, how do you apply without your citizenship certificate (if it's still either in the passport office mailing room waiting for processing, or midway through processing)? No one is mentioning being turned away for an urgent passport due to not having a citizenship certificate but this is really worrying me. TIA!
I dont think you can apply without citizenship certificate or birth certificate
48 hrs is all about processing your application from the time you submitted it. ( 2 business days maximum)

Reactions: Guest12345

jfabiansosa

May 17, 2017
You have to call the passport line and let them know of the situation, and they will offer most likely to do a electronic transfer of your files to the closest passport office for urgent processing. That way, you dont have to show your certificate, otherwise, you need the certificate. That's what I understand.

mmm72

Jan 10, 2017
Applied at Kitchener Passport Canada today without appointment with a travel date on 05/20. I was there at 6.30 am and I was done at 8.40 am. Everything moved extremely smooth. They just put me in a different line since my expected travel date is not close. No one asked for travel/ ticket proof. Expected passport mail date is May 3rd, they still keep the 10 business day standard at this office. I will keep you posted when received.

Reactions: asterixfanboy

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Finally, we have received our passports.

Submitted: Feb 28, 2022
CC charged: Mar 25, 2022
Passports mailed out: Apr 13, 2022
Passports received: Apr 19, 2022 (Citizenship certificate was mailed out together with passport in one envelope)

Good luck to those are waiting!
Would have been exactly one week after me, if Monday wasn't a holiday. Congratulations!

cyberkodi

Jun 14, 2021
So we went to service canada first week of March and applied in person (normal processing), still nothing. I would have thought it will be faster since we applied at service canada and paid there. Anyone knows time estimates? I am starting to get worried and I can not reach them via phone. When shall I escalate to my MP? We now have to go to UK in June due to medical emergency ( we did not know that at the time when we applied, this is something happened recently), although we have not booked yet. So I am not sure how to fast track, do I need to book the tickets then go to service canada again? What will they do since my application has already been sent?

MohammadArshad

Oct 15, 2018
I applied for passport by mail on feb 28. and now they will transfer the file to my local passport office for urgent processing as per my request. Do i need to re start the application? I mean take picture again, fill out the form, etc? or just go with proof of travel thats it? i am waiting for my local passport office to call me first, then i will go for pick up.