+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Not sure if it's the right thread to ask this but I will ask anyway. Is the Mother's Surname a required field? Asking because my maternal grandmother never gave her a surname at birth. Can I put down her surname after marriage instead?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Not sure if it's the right thread to ask this but I will ask anyway. Is the Mother's Surname a required field? Asking because my maternal grandmother never gave her a surname at birth. Can I put down her surname after marriage instead?
This is what they say on their website

• If the term “mother’s surname” doesn’t apply to you
    • cross it out on the form and write “parent’s surname at birth”
    • fill in the field with the surname (last name) at birth of 1 parent
      and
    • write your initials in the margin

Reactions: latestbot

utopir

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
Two applications (mine and my son's) mailed in the same envelope.

Application Sent: March 29, 2022
- Application Delivered: March 31, 2022
- CC charged:
- Passport Printed:
- Passport Tracking Details received:
- Passport Received:
- Citizenship Certificate tracking details received:
- Citizenship Certificate Received:

I am flying out of the country on May 30 so I really need the passports soon.

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Here’s a rather odd update in our passport saga:

My wife and child’s original certificates were returned about a week ago. Not mine. No passports or even CC charges for anyone yet! March 2 (delivered) applicants!

Has anyone heard of documents being returned so much earlier than even having the applications approved or anything?

• Wow
Reactions: Edifytech

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Here’s a rather odd update in our passport saga:

My wife and child’s original certificates were returned about a week ago. Not mine. No passports or even CC charges for anyone yet! March 2 (delivered) applicants!

Has anyone heard of documents being returned so much earlier than even having the applications approved or anything?
I requested documents to be returned to apply for visa and renounce my existing citizenship. They sent mine in xpresspost so I received it and they sent my wife’s in regular mail (more than two weeks ago) still not received. Only god knows what happened to that. So the appointment to other process (citizenship renouncing and visa) is totally screwed.

It has been 48 calendar days and 34 business days since they received my application and still saying I will get my passport on the first week of May lol

• Wow
Reactions: Klamm

TokyoH

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Update: On Apr 8, I sent 4 requests (for 4 persons of my family) for status update. On Apr 16, 2 persons received an email saying a passport mailed out on Apr 13 with a tracking number. No passport and certificate has been received yet. Let see!

sting_hard

Jun 24, 2021
Update: On Apr 8, I sent 4 requests (for 4 persons of my family) for status update. On Apr 16, 2 persons received an email saying a passport mailed out on Apr 13 with a tracking number. No passport and certificate has been received yet. Let see!
from where did you requested your status update and can you share you timeline or passpoet application

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
I requested documents to be returned to apply for visa and renounce my existing citizenship. They sent mine in xpresspost so I received it and they sent my wife’s in regular mail (more than two weeks ago) still not received. Only god knows what happened to that. So the appointment to other process (citizenship renouncing and visa) is totally screwed.

It has been 48 calendar days and 34 business days since they received my application and still saying I will get my passport on the first week of May lol
did you ask for an ETA on the applications?. do you have travel plans?