+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Update this morning. My MP office was able to contact the passport office and my passport will be printed today and mailed in one to four business days. I am told I should receive the password at the latest the Tuesday following Easter weekend. The MP office also said to contact let them know if I don’t receive it.
Great news. Congrats. Your MP is great and cares. Mine didn't even respond. It's been two days since I sent him

Reactions: Snowisland

chris921.long

Mar 21, 2020
I sent a copy of my drivers license for proof of identity. My guarantor signed the front but I didn’t ask him to sign the back. So yes, the said it had to be signed.
Thanks, but did they ask you to just mail them the missing info, or did they ask you to re-submit a new application?

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Great news. Congrats. Your MP is great and cares. Mine didn't even respond. It's been two days since I sent him
They may be off for a few days. That happened to me once. I am in BC. The office is open three days a week.
I hope you hear something soon.

Reactions: CaBeaver

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
I understand your frustration. If it's of any consolation, my CC was charged almost 4 weeks ago, and still nothing. They can charge CC and print the passport in a span of few days, i.e., CC charge means little if anything.
Thank you for this, and yes, I understand charing CC doesn't mean much (unfortunately), but I can't help feel even further behind when no movement has happened for me after almost six weeks of submitting my application. I hope things happen quickly for everyone!

Reactions: CaBeaver

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
Yes, if you apply via in-mail. For in-person, you don't have to as the office will verify it against the original
I mad a mestak I sign a copy of my driver lisence and my guarantor is out of country I have 4 weeks waiting I called she say all documents looks good but I don’t know what can happen

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Time line are very confusing on here I mailed my passport on April 4th received April 5th I'm guessing June 4th I should receive it on phone they told me 30 days anyone keeping a spreadsheet

2020mtl

Mar 23, 2022
Got my passport!!
Passport mailed Feb 8th
Received Feb 9th in Gatineau
Silence....
Completed web form March 3rd: file not created
Filed complaint March 21st
Called phone line (4 hour wait) March 23rd: said file was in good shape. ETA end of March
Silence... no cc charge still
March 31st got call from complaint section. The file had been transferred to them.
March 31st cc charged
April 4th passport printed in Victoria
April 6th passport, certificate and receipt received!!

What a long road! Will make it to my destination wedding after all.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Thanks, I'd better mail it to them asap...I missed guarantor's signature as well
If you have your file number they said to write it on there . And I put it n the envelope as well. They told me my file number when I called.

Costa5053

Star Member
Jul 30, 2021
Hi
I made a mistak I signed on my driver licence my guarantor should to sign it now he is out of country when I called yesterday she say all documents looks good I don’t know what gonna happen? My application received Mars 7 thx