+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

KumarJayx

Star Member
Jun 8, 2020
You can try to contact your local MP and explain your situation, it worked for my wife. You can also call them at 7:30 am and ask them to transfer your application with a proof of travel (so you need to have a ticket booked already).
Thanks. Wondering if i can ask them to process it within April 30? I applied on March 21st. Also is there a way i can send them an email or webform request and tell them about my travel plans? btw, no cc charge yet.

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
App Sent: Mar 9
App delivered: Mar 10(Gatineau-Varennas 2)
CC Charged: Apr 4
Did you call them and ask for the file number?

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
I was thinking about it as my dad is sick but we can travel with indian passport also with or without canadian passport for 3 months after obtaining canadian citizenship
You can travel on Indian passport only if you do not have canadian passport

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Thanks. Wondering if i can ask them to process it within April 30? I applied on March 21st. Also is there a way i can send them an email or webform request and tell them about my travel plans? btw, no cc charge yet.
yes your file will move only when you have a travel date

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Thanks for the reply. You saved me lot of time. I have to go to another country for a surgery. I dint expect it will take more than a month so i booked it accordingly but looks like i have to postpone it if i dont get it by April 25. My application was received on March 23rd. Do you think there is a chance?
Read my post above, they shpuld transfer your file and you could get it pretty fast. Just have to have proof of travel and the proof of medical need (if possible, but not necessary). It is ridiculous we even have to discuss it here. It's a passport.....our right.

kapil_takeit_easy

Jul 15, 2016
Called them at 7:30 am EST today and was 330 number in queue ! What the heck. How in th world can one Even get to them by phone. Absolutely horrible. That tells me the amount of people whose are clueless on the app status and decided to dial in at 7:30.
At this rate I may have a better chance at lottery than getting into first 50 callers at 7:30 am.

TokyoH

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Called them at 7:30 am EST today and was 330 number in queue ! What the heck. How in th world can one Even get to them by phone. Absolutely horrible. That tells me the amount of people whose are clueless on the app status and decided to dial in at 7:30.
At this rate I may have a better chance at lottery than getting into first 50 callers at 7:30 am.
As of now, even I can not get in the queue because the line is too busy

kapil_takeit_easy

Jul 15, 2016
just got in 36 calls ahead but I know it will take up to 2 hrs
That's great.. 36 calls ahead will take 1/10th the time compared to 360 calls ahead... and from what I have experienced each call gets done in an about a minute; that is not to say each caller consumes one min only but I guess many people who call also must be dropping after hearing 400+ callers ahead.. I could be wrong.. but 36 callers should not have taken more than 45 mins to get to your number..

but I am surprised you got 36 in middle on the day..

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
That's great.. 36 calls ahead will take 1/10th the time compared to 360 calls ahead... and from what I have experienced each call gets done in an about a minute; that is not to say each caller consumes one min only but I guess many people who call also must be dropping after hearing 400+ callers ahead.. I could be wrong.. but 36 callers should not have taken more than 45 mins to get to your number..

but I am surprised you got 36 in middle on the day..
36 callers would take around 2 hours from my previous experience. I’m now at 28 callers but 30 min passed. I just plugged my phone on charging and let it run so I can something else than just listening to that annoying music.

Sometimes, I feel they have only one person on the other side attending all the calls.

kapil_takeit_easy

Jul 15, 2016
36 callers would take around 2 hours from my previous experience. I’m now at 28 callers but 30 min passed. I just plugged my phone on charging and let it run so I can something else than just listening to that annoying music.

Sometimes, I feel they have only one person on the other side attending all the calls.
Wow.. At times I think I will take the challenge of waiting when it says 400+ callers ahead but if 36 takes two hours I am totally discouraged.. What time did you dial today (in EST) that you got 36th position ?

and you are right.. There is probably only one phone rep on the other side..uber frustrating.. Me being in USA I don't even know how to reach out for other avenues for help (can't ask for transferring to local offices in Canada like some of you can do or the MP route)..