+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
What would happen if my details were not printed correctly and I receive it by mail? Do I have to mail it again or I can go to the nearest passport office to correct it? Mailing an application is a nightmare, literally. Honestly all governmental services are a nightmare in Canada these days.
Before handing out passports, they check to see if everything is good and that's how the official found that the printing was not good. They also ask you to verify all the details. I am pretty sure they would do the same before mailing out passports.

But still if anything goes wrong (extremely rare but it can also be other things besides printing like wrong dates or typos), I think you should be able to walk in and get it reprinted given the office does not just receives applications but also prints passports (like Brampton just receives applications but Mississauga prints, receives applications and allows for pick up).

The point I was trying to make was that they even gave on the spot passport service getting passport ready in less than 30 minutes because it was their mistake. Also remember someone who was redirected from Brampton office to Mississauga office so they can get passport on same day because they were travelling the very next day.

Reactions: CaBeaver

simalik

Jun 6, 2014
- Feb 28 application sent
- March 23rd CC charged

When can I expect the passport back? Will they send it by courier or Canada post / mailbox

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
- March 23rd CC charged

When can I expect the passport back? Will they send it by courier or Canada post / mailbox
Don't know, waiting myself.

Did you have a travel date specified in your app and proof of ticket?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
- March 23rd CC charged

I sent my application Feb 21st, and to this day it's in examination, and was told today it may take another 2-3 weeks. What's your office?

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
So this is interesting. A lot of us are starting to think that not having a travel date on the app (or having one that is not so close - like mine where I put May 1) is the cause of deprioritizing our applications, but this case seems to undermine that theory. I really think there is no rhyme or reason to this thing...

Sobea

Nov 30, 2019
I went to a service Canada office in north York as a walk in applicant and submitted my application for passport. There were few mistakes which I corrected. The receiving agent told me if I don’t receive my passport in 5 weeks, I should call them. I had to stand in line for like 1 hr.

tarekh

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
My timeline
Sent: March 1, 2022
Received: March 4, 2022, Gatineau (Ottawa mailbox)
Call: March 31, 2022 - under examination
Credit charged: April 1, 2022
No expected travel date on application

Reactions: CaBeaver