+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Seems like if you are putting a date at least you are gonna get a call for an appointment based on the travel date, interesting. I was thinking to put "Unknown", I guess I am not going to.

Canadians experience lengthy wait times for passports due to surge in demand
"Priority for appointments is given to clients with immediate travel needs based on their date of travel,"
Right. I realized that too late. I think selecting ‘Unknown’ translates to ‘I don’t need passport anytime sooner’ so they take their own time regardless when they received your application.

It’s true I don’t need passport soon but charging the CC and sending back the originals can happen at least after 10 business days so we know it’s being processed.

Reactions: sk000

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Btw.. Passport delays in Canada is not an isolated incident. It has emerged as a global issue as most countries are suffering with it.

US, UK, NewZealand, Ireland and all have the same problem.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Btw.. Passport delays in Canada is not an isolated incident. It has emerged as a global issue as most countries are suffering with it.

US, UK, NewZealand, Ireland and all have the same problem.
At least the UK is honest about the timelines. They say 6 weeks for new passport as of the week of 20 March 2022. In Canada they put undated processing times, and when you argue about the timeline, they say these are in normal circumstances, whatever that means :rolleyes:

Alokuk692

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hi guys submitted app recieved on Feb 24 and CC charged on 16 March. Still no update
When I call the call center it says wait queue is about 400 callers but after 10 mins the call gets disconnected. Tried multiple times.
Anybody else faced this issue?

dsanchez

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Hi guys submitted app recieved on Feb 24 and CC charged on 16 March. Still no update
When I call the call center it says wait queue is about 400 callers but after 10 mins the call gets disconnected. Tried multiple times.
This is a completely normal timeline. Generally, after your CC is charged, you'll get the passport around 3 weeks later assuming no issues. If you were charged on March 16, I wouldn't get concerned until around April 10 that there's an issue. It's likely not worth calling before then because even if you get through the giant queue, they'll just tell you 99% of the time "your application is under review" and you'll wonder why you sat on hold for three hours to get no help.

Just so you know this isn't me disregarding your concerns; our latest one was mailed Feb 28, delivered Mar 2, CC charged Mar 16, and we are waiting without much in the way of concern that there's anything wrong.

Reactions: PumpkinJack

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
You’re lucky that you got the CC charged already. Hopefully your passport is in the printing stage.

taekwondo

Star Member
Apr 26, 2016
GTA
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa ...though based out of India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
For the folks waiting for response on Status request : I just received another response for my status request . This one clearly says the request received on 8th March and the standard response that File is under examination . So this is like they are taking almost 16 days to send the response to any Web status request now.

Reactions: CaBeaver

UnBip

Jan 28, 2021
So, I received a notice from Canada Post this morning.
I went out as I heard the door close when the Delivery person from Canada Post left. I went right away to check, saw the notice and went outside to tell them I was here and they could give me the package.

Their answer was : I can't check your ID because of COVID so you have to go pick it this afternoon after 3:00PM.

And.. I went there at 3:30PM... and the package was not there. I'm so pissed how disrespectful this entire situation is. So I don't know if it's my Passport, me certificate or both.

Reactions: CaBeaver

MithuShun

Jan 27, 2014
Hello All,

Forgive me if my question is not relevant for this section.

Would you please kindly let me know that how long for officer in the passport office will take to call me/us to schedule an appointment for passport renewal and new passport applicaiton?

I am planning to visit Chicago with my family on April 8th to see mother in law who is not well. My children passport were expired last year September and I noticed that last week only. Since in person service need appointment, I have submitted the request through their eService portal. They have mentioned that they will me in 2 business days. However, I did not receive any calls for more than 7 days now.

1. Is anyone went through this appointment scheduling process and got any response from Passport officer
2. If I don't get any call next week, Can I go to the passport office without appointment and show the hotel booking as proof to renew my kids passport?

I am in Ajax. Ontario.

Please let me know.

Thank you

gcamp

Mar 22, 2022
I received a call this afternoon saying I need to resubmit my application as I forgot to include my middle name and there was an error with the guarantor. They’ve had it since February 10th and charged my credit card March 10th..I’m quite frantic as I have to wait for a service Canada rep to call about an in person appointment. I’m literally in tears right now!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
So, I received a notice from Canada Post this morning.
I went out as I heard the door close when the Delivery person from Canada Post left. I went right away to check, saw the notice and went outside to tell them I was here and they could give me the package.

Their answer was : I can't check your ID because of COVID so you have to go pick it this afternoon after 3:00PM.

And.. I went there at 3:30PM... and the package was not there. I'm so pissed how disrespectful this entire situation is. So I don't know if it's my Passport, me certificate or both.
I figured that's why they immediately leave a notice and don't attempt to deliver the package directly. Interestingly enough, not all mailmen do the same thing, as some applicants received it directly. I think after 5pm would be safer to go, which is usually the last mail collection of the day, I believe.

Reactions: UnBip

UnBip

Jan 28, 2021
I received a call this afternoon saying I need to resubmit my application as I forgot to include my middle name and there was an error with the guarantor. They’ve had it since February 10th and charged my credit card March 10th..I’m quite frantic as I have to wait for a service Canada rep to call about an in person appointment. I’m literally in tears right now!
Take a deep breath, mistakes happen. The good thing is they will get you an in person appointment so you won't have te really start over. You will probably don't have to wait much more.

Reactions: diana98

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Do you mean you entered your name in the application differently than how it appears on the certificate? Also, what error there was with the guarantor? Like they answered wrong questions, or the details they entered are wrong?