+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Means anyfriend whi has his passport can be used as refrences
But for guarantor it should be canadian correct
There is no requirement for passport for the reference. As long as he/she is 18 years old age and older, they can be your reference. For the guarantor, he/she must be a Canadian with a passport

2legit2quit

Nov 5, 2021
Passport sent: February 11
Passport delivered: February 15
CC charged: March 16

Got a call today from the office in Whitby that the CC was wrong and asked for the correct number. He said we will be getting the Citizenship certificate 1st so I assume in a few days and then get passport sometime next week. I'll update once received.

Rakit

Apr 2, 2018
Hey everyone
Can anyone explain to me the steps of passport and what file we need
I went ti site I was confused
I want to apply and go to the office to get it. Should I do online than go to office
Please any guidance

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
They can argue that it is not their fault @Snowisland sent in an incomplete application in the first place.
What I meant is that they kept the file on hold and didn't notify the applicant who didn't know for a month or so it was on hold until they called and discovered what happened. This delay should count on the Passport Program, and the applicant's filing of a complaint is completely justified. The application was sent Jan 4th as I remember, and still the applicants hasn't received their passport. There is something missing they should call and let the applicant know.

Reactions: alilia

tarekh

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Hey! quick question and I know it would have been asked earlier a couple of times . Could they possibly ask for extra documents after the CC is charged or once charged we assume everything on the application is in order? Just curious. TIA.
My understanding is that Credit Card is charged upon reviewing the consistency of the submitted documents, i.e. checklist, without review of details of the application. After that, If the officer needs more clarification he might ask.

Reactions: eager

tarekh

Star Member
Aug 25, 2011
Hey everyone
Can anyone explain to me the steps of passport and what file we need
I went ti site I was confused
I want to apply and go to the office to get it. Should I do online than go to office
Please any guidance
Download the application and follow the checklist on page 4 and send it to the address on page 5.

Reactions: Rakit