Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats... That is quick after CC. I am sure they hear your conversations here and processed quickly.. lol .... Best of Luck...
LOL thank you very much. Things started moving right after I filed a complaint. All the best to you as well!

Reactions: ftahir

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Finally my journey is over, mine and my son's passports were delivered this morning (after filing a complaint)
Timelines:
Application sent: Feb 7
Application reached: Feb 9
CC charged: March 9
Certificates returned: March 11
Passports received: March 15

Total process: 37 calendar days

Wish everyone a speedy processing and best of luck.
22 working days from date of application receipt to date of passport delivery.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Finally my journey is over, mine and my son's passports were delivered this morning (after filing a complaint)
Timelines:
Application sent: Feb 7
Application reached: Feb 9
CC charged: March 9
Certificates returned: March 11
Passports received: March 15

Total process: 37 calendar days

Wish everyone a speedy processing and best of luck.
Congratulations. Did they call the guarantor/references? Also, how were your certificate and passport delivered? by hand, in the mail box or with a notice to pick them up from the closest office?

Reactions: tgman

ftahir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
AOR Received.
Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
Mar-2011
Med's Request
Nov-2013
Med's Done....
5-Dec-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 10-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Aug 14
LOL thank you very much. Things started moving right after I filed a complaint. All the best to you as well!
Thanks buddy,

Complaint about? it looks just over 20 business days. OR Complaint against member here in this forum? lol ...

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations. Did they call the guarantor/references? Also, how were your certificate and passport delivered? by hand, in the mail box or with a notice to pick them up from the closest office?
They didn't call guarantors or references. Both certificate and passport were delivered by Xpress post. Certificates were left in mailbox, passports were delivered by a postman.
Also, just FYI application was sent to Gatineau, processed in Whitby and came from Mississauga. I assume that's the way they distribute workload.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaBeaver and ftahir

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
They didn't call guarantors or references. Both certificate and passport were delivered by Xpress post. Certificates were left in mailbox, passports were delivered by a postman.
Also, just FYI application was sent to Gatineau, processed in Whitby and came from Mississauga. I assume that's the way they distribute workload.
I suppose they send the application to the closest office to you, or at least in the same province

gofar

Mar 15, 2022
Feb 7 - XpressPost to Gatineau (from Ontario)
Feb 8 - Arrival Gatineau
March 9 - Status request via online form (no answer yet)
March 14 - Credit card charge (listed as "pending" with my bank) from "St John's SCC & Passport"
March 15 - Phone call (3h hold) "Under examination"

This is a new passport application for a child.

Odd they would send the application to St John's, Newfoundland for processing (I am in Ontario)

It's been 26 business days so far for me (Family Day is not a federal holiday).

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2022
Congratulations. Can I ask why your file was escalated? Also, did they call your guarantor/references?
Hi CaBeaver, sorry for late reply. Thank you! No they didn't call guarantor/references. My file was escalated because I called and told them I have trip coming March 17. Initially the call centre said be ready with proof of travel to fax in when the office calls me back. However being impatient and anxious, I called back in few days after the first call and I was told that my passport will be sent out shortly. The same hour my credit card was charged. So didn't ask for proof of travel either. They were just being efficient and try to help us out as much as they can.

eager

Jul 20, 2015
Hey! quick question and I know it would have been asked earlier a couple of times . Could they possibly ask for extra documents after the CC is charged or once charged we assume everything on the application is in order? Just curious. TIA.

Michael61

Sep 18, 2018
Hi all quick update
Application mailed- Feb 14
Application received- Feb 15
Cx charge -March 5
Passport and certificate received- March 16
Hope you all receive yours soon

Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hey! quick question and I know it would have been asked earlier a couple of times . Could they possibly ask for extra documents after the CC is charged or once charged we assume everything on the application is in order? Just curious. TIA.
It's possible, I think.

Reactions: eager